Blu on the Ascent - Outdoor Seating

Mimiya11

I recently read that Blu on the Ascent offers outdoor seating.   For those that have recently sailed on Ascent, how was the outdoor dining experience?             

17 minutes ago, hcat said:

would like to hear  more too,   plus pics

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/ships/shiptour.php?r=12529

Blu

Exclusive venue for AquaClass staterooms. Seats 226 inside and 22 outside. Open for breakfast and dinner. Features clean, crisp flavors of inventive cuisine complimented by sustainable and biodynamic wines.

image.jpeg.e3a4cd99d390d7346e66f311a1a4cc95.jpeg

• Like 1

That area was also shown on the other Edge class ships.   It wasn’t used because of the winds and other elements and eventually abandoned.

There is a  outside patio next to the Eden Cafe.   You will see many die hards out there trying to eat with the wind blowing stuff off of their plates, and being baked by the sun.   No thanks 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

14 hours ago, At Sea At Peace said:

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/ships/shiptour.php?r=12529

Blu

Exclusive venue for AquaClass staterooms. Seats 226 inside and 22 outside. Open for breakfast and dinner. Features clean, crisp flavors of inventive cuisine complimented by sustainable and biodynamic wines.

image.jpeg.e3a4cd99d390d7346e66f311a1a4cc95.jpeg

Thanks for this.   Looks lovely!   

On Ascent,  seems at this point it is an unused area off of BLU??? No.one has eaten there?

Can the area be accessed  another way than through BLU,?  I  vaguely recall it could be accessed  on EDGE  by anyone, if folks  just wanted to sit there with no service?

Negative is that these outdoor seats were originally counted as BLU seating for capacity counts...but are illusory???

And it is part of the pr/ ads for ASCENT!

On 1/5/2024 at 12:07 AM, miched said:

That area was also shown on the other Edge class ships.   It wasn’t used because of the winds and other elements and eventually abandoned.

There is a  outside patio next to the Eden Cafe.   You will see many die hards out there trying to eat with the wind blowing stuff off of their plates, and being baked by the sun.   No thanks 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

All I remember seeing outside the Blu windows on Apex was a line of lifeboats.  Great ambiance.  Did I miss something?

4 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

All I remember seeing outside the Blu windows on Apex was a line of lifeboats.  Great ambiance.  Did I miss something?

on EDGE..they kept the drapes closed all the time..no sea views,  but there was a table  seating area through a door in BLU.  

It faced the life boats and other ugly main equpiment .

On Beyond, we were there for dinner and it had much better views.