Changed drink packages

thepla

Msc was down today.  Just logged in and easy and easy plus now says thirsty and thirsty plus.  I have easy for 112 and unlimited drinks now thirsty is 176 and limit 22/day.  This is for 4 day cruise.

Minor for 40 and adult non alcoholic still there she 100 no limit.

There is also a soda and ice cream with limit of ten for twenty bucks.

There is also an msc drink package for 68 and you get 18 up to five dollar drinks.

Glad I have easy booked which at time I thought was great for 112 when adult non alcoholic was 100.

Nothing has changed for me.  Can you share a screenshot or link?  

$176 for the easy/thirsty package sounds like the same price for a 4 day cruise, when the drinks package is not included in the cruise.

The thisty and thirsty plus are the new names for the new South Africa drinks packages. And they've had to introduce limits on the packages there. Perhaps someone pressed the wrong button when doing a website update. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 8420PR said:

Nothing has changed for me.  Can you share a screenshot or link?  

$176 for the easy/thirsty package sounds like the same price for a 4 day cruise, when the drinks package is not included in the cruise.

I only paid 112 for easy. I only did it because I bought non alcoholic for 100 and I figured for three bucks a day why not 

From your other thread you are going on a South Africa cruise, which as per CruisingFox27 has the "thirsty" drink packages new for this season. 

There is a different pricing structure for South Africa, e.g. below is the current bar prices for the equivalent of the easy package.

image.thumb.png.a81de5d9c00cb7a0ea29007b0da3d7c5.png

I've been thinking about a South Africa cruise this year - would be interested to hear your feedback when you return.  

4 hours ago, 8420PR said:

From your other thread you are going on a South Africa cruise, which as per CruisingFox27 has the "thirsty" drink packages new for this season. 

There is a different pricing structure for South Africa, e.g. below is the current bar prices for the equivalent of the easy package.

image.thumb.png.a81de5d9c00cb7a0ea29007b0da3d7c5.png

I've been thinking about a South Africa cruise this year - would be interested to hear your feedback when you return.  

Yes south Africa.  I'll give feedback. New thirst package just replaced easy   I don't check often so I have no idea when replaced. I know they can't change price, maybe rules.

7 hours ago, thepla said:

Yes south Africa.  I'll give feedback. New thirst package just replaced easy   I don't check often so I have no idea when replaced. I know they can't change price, maybe rules.

The new packages came into effect at the end of November when Splendida arrived on her repositioning from Italy. Just checked my calendar and we disembarked on the 23rd November. So, it was the 24th November. This is the first time they've had drinks package for the region.  Although, I understand there have been issues and they are also reintroducing vouchers for SA again. 

I went into my account and since I purchased easy over phone it shows up in what's included.  My son's minor package and 2-device say booked but not in what's included.

My drink package says thirsty but nothing about 22 limit. Weirdly I rarely drink alcohol but like I said for three bucks per day I didn't care because it seems, other than ice cream, everything in non alcoholic is in thirsty. So even if there is a 22 limit it has no effect for me 

we are in caribbean in March, still says easy as well.22 drinks is a lot for one, but woudl be reasonable to cut someone off at that point or avoids someone getting drinks for someone who doens't have a package

10 hours ago, RandomUser123 said:

When we say 22 drinks, are we just talking alcohol drinks or does 22 drinks include non alcohol drinks?

Description says specifically 22 alcoholic drinks in my msc app

On 1/7/2024 at 5:32 AM, mcoler181 said:

I'm a pretty heavy drinker when on holiday, but a limit off 22 drinks? I don't think many if any are going to drink 22 drinks a day. Seems like a pointless limit.

Agreed! Anyone who needs more than 22 drinks a day should be checking into the Betty Ford clinic, LOL! 😂

On 1/7/2024 at 10:32 AM, mcoler181 said:

I'm a pretty heavy drinker when on holiday, but a limit off 22 drinks? I don't think many if any are going to drink 22 drinks a day. Seems like a pointless limit.

15 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Agreed! Anyone who needs more than 22 drinks a day should be checking into the Betty Ford clinic, LOL! 😂

It prevents people sharing their package drinks with those who don't have packages. The Thirsty packages and limits are specific to SA cruises as they have a lot of issues with drinking and packages in that region. This is the first year they offered packages. I suspect, it'll be the last. 

Edited by CruisingFox27