Quick Lawn Club Grill review

alyssamma

On Silhouette now and tried the LCG. TLDR, glad I ate here but would not return.

We tried the pizza, salad bar, salmon, ribeye, lamb chops, tandoori kebab, veal chop, and shrimp and scallop kebab. We also tried the chocolate chip cookie and blueberry cobbler.

Desserts were amazing, esp the cookie. Pizza was incredible, but same as if you order fresh downstairs. The salmon was some of the best I've ever eaten outside of freshly caught and I really liked the Mac and cheese (my wife just thought it was ok)

The rest of the meal was average. The meat was super tender but not much flavor. Even the salmon which I asked for Cajun didn't have that flavor.

Like I said above, was happy overall but wouldn't return. I esp liked being able to order so many different meats...that's pretty unusual in a specialty restaurant.

Lastly, due to covid, you can no longer cook your own meals.

• Like 1

LCG is a fav of ours. Love the chocolate chip cookie so much that I bought the fluted dishes to make my own. How hard can it be?  Apparently, pretty hard. 🙃Still perfecting the dish. We also enjoy the outdoor dining atmosphere. Like you, we have mixed reviews of the food. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

LCG is a fav of ours. Love the chocolate chip cookie so much that I bought the fluted dishes to make my own. How hard can it be?  Apparently, pretty hard. 🙃Still perfecting the dish. We also enjoy the outdoor dining atmosphere. Like you, we have mixed reviews of the food. 

I'm happy to taste all of your cookie attempts. I'll make the sacrifice....

• Haha 2

We love LCG and can’t wait to dine there on our Feb cruise on Silhouette. Like anywhere else, it could be a great meal or an average meal. We’ve dined there several times and have been lucky with really enjoying it. Love the whole ambience of it. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, alyssamma said:

We tried the pizza, salad bar, salmon, ribeye, lamb chops, tandoori kebab, veal chop, and shrimp and scallop kebab. We also tried the chocolate chip cookie and blueberry cobbler.

The rest of the meal was average

You ordered all of that ??

No wonder the rest of the meal was just " average "----

LOL-----You ate tooooo many different things, different tastes,  to really enjoy any.

Forget the " incredible " pizza--- tooooo filling to start a nice dinner.

Try it again-- Don't " kill em " by ordering everything on the menu.

Do they still add on a gratuity or leave it up to you ?

14 hours ago, alyssamma said:

how many people?    we booked Lawn Club for our first night on our first celebrity on Reflection     We are two people.          Is the salad bar  a make it yourself ?   

I ate at the Lawn Club Grill on the Silhouette on the Thanksgiving cruise.  The mac & cheese was horrid, a congealed mess.  I thought the pizza was just average, as was the rest of the meal.  Yes, the cookie was good.  I would never pay to go there again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, serene56 said:

how many people?    we booked Lawn Club for our first night on our first celebrity on Reflection     We are two people.          Is the salad bar  a make it yourself ?   

Yes, the salad bar is set up for you to make your own salad. 

• Like 1

We love the LCG!  I have dined there on both Silhouette and Reflection and have never been disappointed!  Yes, the mac and cheese, as well as the creamed corn have varied in different experiences, but never inedible.  We love the filets, the skewers and desserts!  Can't wait to dine there on Reflection later this year! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pinboy said:

You ordered all of that ??

No wonder the rest of the meal was just " average "----

LOL-----You ate tooooo many different things, different tastes,  to really enjoy any.

Forget the " incredible " pizza--- tooooo filling to start a nice dinner.

Try it again-- Don't " kill em " by ordering everything on the menu.

Do they still add on a gratuity or leave it up to you ?

Thanks but it wasn't too much at all and that wasn't the reason it was average. First, everything was split with my wife. Second  I clearly listed the things that were above average. Third, the portions were in no way giant (other than the pizza). Lastly, the average quality came from virtually zero seasoning on the food. 

Was it more than I would normally eat at a meal? Absolutely. Was it too much to properly taste the food? Not at all. In fact, in many ways it was similar to doing a Brazilian restaurant. 

I don't have the best palette in the world but it's certainly refined enough to taste and judge multiple meats.

That being said, you are more than welcome to journey there multiple times, paying the fee each time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve H said:

I love the Lawn Club, I always get the ribeye.  The sides are great but I don’t get all the fuss about a cookie though.

Eh, that's the great thing about food...to each their own. That being said, I'm not even a big chocolate chip cookie fan and I thought it was amazing

It's possible something was off when you went? Consistency isn't a strong suit.

2 hours ago, serene56 said:

It was.myselr and my wife. But you can order whatever you want. One interesting thing is for the lamb.chops.they asked how many we wanted.

Yes  you make your own salad and there is meat there too..it was turkey when we went.

3 hours ago, Steve H said:

I love the Lawn Club, I always get the ribeye.  The sides are great but I don’t get all the fuss about a cookie though.

It’s not just “a cookie”…it’s the best warm chocolate chip cookie topped with vanilla ice cream 😋 on the planet,  Just thinking about it makes me wish my Silhouette sailing was sooner than 90 days away 😉.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lola2013 said:

It’s not just “a cookie”…it’s the best warm chocolate chip cookie topped with vanilla ice cream 😋 on the planet,  Just thinking about it makes me wish my Silhouette sailing was sooner than 90 days away 😉.

I know I’ve had I might have the crumble next time!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, serene56 said:

do you tip extra at Lawn CLub grill or is it included when you pay?

Included 

To be clear, whatever you pay, 18% is added automatically 

Edited by alyssamma

On my last cruise on the apex I didn’t even get a bill to sign in the specialty restaurant. On the reflection we ate in the lawn club(my favorite) and we added a 20 tip to the bill. The 20 never was put on our account. And as stated above there is already an 18% gratuity added. 

Lawn Club Grill is one of my favorites!  Love the atmosphere, love the chocolate cookie, ribeye, salad bar.  I happily pay my fee to eat here vs. the main dining room.  On the Silhouette on our last cruise the food in the main dining room was terrible!  We have a 10 night cruise coming up and we purchased the 6 night specialty dining package to not have to eat in the main dining room except for 4 nights (or we can go to the buffet but not sure the offerings there for dinner anymore).  We purchased our package when they had the sale so I feel it was worth the upcharge.  I think if you are dissatisfied with a food item you can discuss it with your server and they would be happy to offer something else.