Onboard Credit (OBC) Question

cruiserj12

I'm hopeful someone will be able to answer my question regarding onboard credits since after calling Princess, I don't have a clear answer. When we booked we paid the deposit with our AMEX which is supposed to give us $100 OBC and we also referred our friends on the cruise so we are supposed to get a $50 OBC. Our cruise embarks on 1/28. I don't see this on the cruise documentation anywhere nor do I see it in the app. I called to ask and Princess said it would reflect after the cruise. That makes no sense to me. The rep also said to call back 3 days before embarkation and it "might" be there. Does anyone know how this should work and what we should expect? Thanks!

Believe the refer a friend OBC shows once the friend(s) is actually on board. I have no idea regarding the AMEX. Maybe you should call AMEX regarding this OBC to see what their process is. 

• Like 1

Under the My Account section in your Personalizer, Refer a Friend OBC will show under the Circle Savings Account portion which is under the My Profile tab. (Same area where you find your Future Cruise Deposits, etc.) It will show as potential credit but it won't actually exist until after your friends have actually completed their sailing. It will then be available for your use on future cruises.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 3

Have different reason for OBC but similar situation of not seeing it anywhere - Gifted OBC from friend (purchased as onboard gift not referral) + $25 for booking cruise while on last cruise - Neither showing up on App/website.  Called Customer service which says - They see both in their system and go to Guest Service onboard to confirm during sailing. Why customer service can't get it to show on our profile for us to see since it's showing in their system is beyond me. Good thing friend sent the confirmation OBC purchase email to us for proof. 

1 hour ago, buckeye7 said:

We have $275 OBC from our cell provider T-Mobile. It doesn’t show yet, but they assured me that once you board, it shows up and is available. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

How did you get T-mobile OBC? They are my provider for 4 line (myself and 3 grandsons). I would like to receive this too, if possible!

2 hours ago, Teechur said:

How did you get T-mobile OBC? They are my provider for 4 line (myself and 3 grandsons). I would like to receive this too, if possible!

3 hours ago, buckeye7 said:

We have $275 OBC from our cell provider T-Mobile. It doesn’t show yet, but they assured me that once you board, it shows up and is available. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Ditto!

On 1/20/2024 at 12:28 PM, cruiserj12 said:

I'm hopeful someone will be able to answer my question regarding onboard credits since after calling Princess, I don't have a clear answer. When we booked we paid the deposit with our AMEX which is supposed to give us $100 OBC and we also referred our friends on the cruise so we are supposed to get a $50 OBC. Our cruise embarks on 1/28. I don't see this on the cruise documentation anywhere nor do I see it in the app. I called to ask and Princess said it would reflect after the cruise. That makes no sense to me. The rep also said to call back 3 days before embarkation and it "might" be there. Does anyone know how this should work and what we should expect? Thanks!

OK I can't speak of these BUT when I have OBC from a TA, it doesn't show up online on the Princess site, but it does once onboard. 

I always take a screenshot of the original invoice which shows it JUST in case.

• Like 1

All I can say is I have Princess PVP, and had NO clue that I would be getting any OBC, having 7 other people with me. To make the long story short, they got $25 OBC, and I received an additional $25 OBC for them as well, for referring them.