Royal Class - Regal Princess - What's this space?

PaperSniper4

I've been looking over the deck plans for the Regal Princess. We are considering an MB cabin such as A520 on the Baja deck, deck 11. That same open area exists on the decks above and below. Does anyone know what that open/blank area is between A502 to A511? We prefer to not be too near areas that generate a lot of noise. Cabin A520 is several cabins down from the area so ought to be safe, but I am curious.

Thanks for your help.

Doug

image.png.5228369bc7cfdf7e4588de02994d936a.png

I don't know what that space is, but we sailed in 524 on the Riviera deck, Royal Princess, a number of years ago and according to deck plans it has that same open area. We never heard a thing. 

Look at the deck plans. You will notice this space is on every deck. It's probably used as a cabin steward work/storage area, but it is also where the operational exhaust pipes are routed through the ship. No noise.

24 minutes ago, KarmaCruisers said:

Isn’t that where the smokestack comes up?

I'd think the engine exhaust would be farther toward the stern.

And yes, I said A520 and then erroneously mentioned Baja, but the x520 cabins are in the same location, only on different decks. Give me a break, I'm only halfway through my second cup of coffee!😜

Doug

Edited by PaperSniper4
  • Haha 1

Another question on that cabin<s> location area. I discovered there is a "Skywalk" on the Regal and Royal Princess. It appears that those walking on the skyway (deck 17?) could have a great view onto the balconies of those cabins. And that the view of the sky/stars might be hampered from those cabins? Anyone have any information on that before I book? I am planning to book A518.

Doug

8 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Another question on that cabin<s> location area. I discovered there is a "Skywalk" on the Regal and Royal Princess. It appears that those walking on the skyway (deck 17?) could have a great view onto the balconies of those cabins. And that the view of the sky/stars might be hampered from those cabins? Anyone have any information on that before I book? I am planning to book A518.

Doug

We have been on many Royal class ships, even midship on the side with the Skywalk.  The view to the stars may be hampered but the further down your cabin is, the less obstruction you will have.  Deck 15 has a huge overhang .. on both port and starboard sides.  
i can assure you, there aren’t many people on the skywalk.  People will go once or twice but it’s a novelty to see if they can do it.  They are usually just trying to get to the other side quickly.  I have yet to see anyone peering down onto the balconies below.  Plus, the plexiglass is pretty thick so it somewhat obscures the images below.  On the grand class ships, people can see a lot more of what is happening on the Caribe and Dolphin deck balconies below than what they will see from the Skywalk on the Royal class ships.  

• Like 1

I'm the OP. Thanks to everyone who replied. We decided to book it! We will be on deck 12 in one of the cabins I mentioned earlier. Looking forward to sailing on Princess again, it will be two years since we last sailed on them. They have always been in the top 2-3 cruise lines for us. Now if Princess would just put a ship closer to use, like in NOLA or Mobile!😎

Doug

• Like 1

We had an inside cabin on the Crown which was next to a vague white space. Never again!!! It turned out to be some sort of engine room and was always super loud.