Msc Euribia

dunscrimpin

Seasoned cruisers but never been with MSC., just booked a 7 night cruise on Euribia, March 1st. Do MSC have formal nights ? Also can you take 2 bottles of wine on-board when you embark at Southampton?

16 minutes ago, dunscrimpin said:

Seasoned cruisers but never been with MSC., just booked a 7 night cruise on Euribia, March 1st. Do MSC have formal nights ? Also can you take 2 bottles of wine on-board when you embark at Southampton?

No to the wine question , their drinks packages are very reasonable. 

There should be 2 formal nights on a 7 night cruise , they call them Gala nights on MSC , there will also be a white night, wear anything white ... the Italians are big into that .

We have done quite a few MSC cruises and FYI just literally booked this cruise 20 mins ago 😆😆.  We did the drinks included .. see ya there ..

Typically it's one Gala night on 7 night cruise. You'll also probably get 1 Mediterranean night. Based on the 5 MSC cruises I did last year.

• Like 2

Don t miss to Go to the restaurant for lunch. They have good choices on the menu.

and it is more comforbel to have the food served instead Of the buffet.

For breakfast go to the restaurant an Be served. It is Very crowded in the buffet if you not go Very early. 

3 hours ago, Preziosa said:

Don t miss to Go to the restaurant for lunch. They have good choices on the menu.

and it is more comforbel to have the food served instead Of the buffet.

For breakfast go to the restaurant an Be served. It is Very crowded in the buffet if you not go Very early. 

Thanks, will do.

• 3 weeks later...

Back from my first ever MSC Cruise (Euribia) after some 30 cruises on a variety of differing lines. My overall impression is not good and when asked I use an analogy that a Travelodge is good in that it provides a decent bed, en-suite, coffee maker etc. and if that’s all you’ve experienced you’d think it was pretty good. However, if you’ve stayed in the Hilton, Intercontinental etc. you’d probably think the Travelodge was not so great and that folks is where I will leave it. 
The ship itself is fantastic but overall for me the good was far out weighed by the very bad. 
It’s cheap for a reason and it shows 😬

1 hour ago, devonuk said:

Back from my first ever MSC Cruise (Euribia) after some 30 cruises on a variety of differing lines. My overall impression is not good and when asked I use an analogy that a Travelodge is good in that it provides a decent bed, en-suite, coffee maker etc. and if that’s all you’ve experienced you’d think it was pretty good. However, if you’ve stayed in the Hilton, Intercontinental etc. you’d probably think the Travelodge was not so great and that folks is where I will leave it. 
The ship itself is fantastic but overall for me the good was far out weighed by the very bad. 

We've sailed on Cunard, stayed at a Hilton and Intercontinental, sailed around 25 cruises, 11 of which have been with MSC in various parts of the globe, prefer MSC to the other lines we have sailed on. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, devonuk said:

Uhh... 🤧

That aside what did you in particular not like? 

10 hours ago, sidari said:

We've sailed on Cunard, stayed at a Hilton and Intercontinental, sailed around 25 cruises, 11 of which have been with MSC in various parts of the globe, prefer MSC to the other lines we have sailed on. 

Good for you and that is why we have forums for an opinion to be expressed 👍

MSC is not for me though and it doesn’t make me a bad person 😇

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ryan82 said:

Uhh... 🤧

That aside what did you in particular not like? 

The constant embarkation/disembarkation at each port with all of the relevant tannoy announcements etc. 

Attending the evening shows and having to watch the Senior Officers introductions again and again. 

The having to listen to messages in all of the differing languages. 
The horrendous Market Place. 
The overworked waiting staff who unfortunately have no time to chat. 
The disregard for rules such as too many in the pools and jacuzzi’s. 
The dollar and dime feel. 
The pissed up passengers acting a tw@t and very loud. 
Too many passengers for me. 
The poor/overcrowded spa. 
The very limited stateroom storage with 4 coat hangers 🤷‍♂️

The evening turndown service where the towels that have just been used are not changed, thus leaving them wet until the morning. 
Having to pay to watch in room movies. 
Overpriced wine/spirits. 
The stupid situation re onboard payments if using cash or debit cards. 
Im bored now so I’ll leave it there. 
Of course there was a lot good aspects but I’ll stick with the cruise lines I like whilst continuing to try other lines I haven’t had the pleasure of yet. All have their idiosyncrasies but some are more tolerable than others. 
I’m trying out Seabourn next for the first time so that’ll be interesting but in the meantime I have 4 Princess and 1 P&O to hopefully enjoy 🙏

Just remember though that it’s your opinion that is relevant to you 👍

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, devonuk said:

The constant embarkation/disembarkation at each port with all of the relevant tannoy announcements etc. 

People often bring this up as a complaint with MSC, but this seems like the most minor possible thing? And in exchange, embarkation/debarkation tend to be much simpler, so that should should balance out the additional announcements, no?

20 minutes ago, devonuk said:

I don't understand why this would be a complaint for a European line that serves customers in many different languages. In NYC, the Meraviglia currently does announcements in English and Mandarin, for instance, because they know there are a ton of Mandarin-speaking passengers, so they try to accommodate them. It seems like a very basic way to meet your customers where they are, and I think it's absurd to critique MSC for this.

Edited by peder
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, devonuk said:

It is a pity you couldn't be more specific and compare an equal experience on MSC and one of your other cruises. A blanket statement doesn't provide enough detail.

We have cruised Celebrity 5 times and have  Elite status through Royal, we have 100 nights now  with MSC on several ships.. I know which line I prefer now , cost isn't the first factor, I have more fun with MSC.

I am always willing to give companies a second chance,  heck it was  15 years before we gave Princess one 😂. We went on Enchanted in 2022 and now are hooked .

I would say if you had your first MSC experience out of Barcelona,  which we did, I think your feedback would perhaps be more positive,  we disliked  our first UK sailing with them but knew what the problem was and ignored it. 

Enjoy your next cruise wherever it may take you, ours is on Euribia 2 weeks today and I can't wait.

Edit :-  We started cruising with P&O October 21, nothing is perfect with them either but we still have 3 cruises booked .

Edited by heatherb1958
  • Like 2

Everything has its point of view, and everyone has their opinion.

I would like those who have taken many cruises to give their opinion on whether multiple embarkation ports are a disadvantage or not.
At the moment I see some positive things. One is that if there are four embarkation ports, 25% of the passengers will be in each one and it will be much easier than if everyone embarks in just one.
Another is that you can choose between several starting points and there will always be one that is best for you for logistical reasons. If you have a boarding port near your home and there are enough passengers, it makes no sense to have to travel by plane to another port.

Regarding languages, everyone sees it as they prefer.
What would happen if everything were only in the local languages of each port of embarkation? Or in the languages of each stop? Today in one language, tomorrow in another. At the end of the day, if you take an excursion, it is the language of the city you will be in. Or everything in Italian? MSC is a company of Italian origin.
I have noticed that the complaints about multiple languages are, to say the least, curious. They are repeated periodically and I find them on this cruise forum but not on other cruise forums. What will they have in common?

On a cruise blog I read a comment from a family that mentioned multiple languages with the case of how curious it is that they have to say the bingo numbers in all of them and at high speed. They had taken the opportunity to make their children pay attention and see the cultural diversity that this implies.

Everyone sees it in a different way. Complain that it is said in languages other than yours.... And why does it have to be only in yours?

• Like 2

Honestly I would have second thoughts booking MSC for a European cruise. I should think the daily embarking/disembarking would be disruptive, as would having the officers introduced every night and more than 2 or 3 languages for announcements. We cruise for the overall experience, not the floating hotel/tour bus aspect. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, devonuk said:

Attending the evening shows and having to watch the Senior Officers introductions again and again. 

The horrendous Market Place. 
The overworked waiting staff who unfortunately have no time to chat. 
The disregard for rules such as too many in the pools and jacuzzi’s. 
The dollar and dime feel. 
The pissed up passengers acting a tw@t and very loud. 
Too many passengers for me. 
The poor/overcrowded spa. 
The very limited stateroom storage with 4 coat hangers 🤷‍♂️

The evening turndown service where the towels that have just been used are not changed, thus leaving them wet until the morning. 
Having to pay to watch in room movies. 
Overpriced wine/spirits. 
The stupid situation re onboard payments if using cash or debit cards. 
Im bored now so I’ll leave it there. 
Of course there was a lot good aspects but I’ll stick with the cruise lines I like whilst continuing to try other lines I haven’t had the pleasure of yet. All have their idiosyncrasies but some are more tolerable than others. 
I’m trying out Seabourn next for the first time so that’ll be interesting but in the meantime I have 4 Princess and 1 P&O to hopefully enjoy 🙏

Just remember though that it’s your opinion that is relevant to you 👍

And sadly there was your mistake, sailing on a bus stop cruise and not sailing on an MSC cruise that has no stops where others get on and off. totally different kettle of fish.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, TrinaLC said:

Honestly I would have second thoughts booking MSC for a European cruise. I should think the daily embarking/disembarking would be disruptive, as would having the officers introduced every night and more than 2 or 3 languages for announcements. We cruise for the overall experience, not the floating hotel/tour bus aspect. 

The officers aren't introduced every night (unless thats a totally new thing unique ti Euribia).....

On the cruise itineraries (like Euribia's current route) its really not that disruptive that people are getting on and off.

And as for objecting to other languages being spoken... i don't really know where to start. If you want to holliday with people who speak your langauge, then you should make holiday destination choices based on that.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, sidari said:

And sadly there was your mistake, sailing on a bus stop cruise and not sailing on an MSC cruise that has no stops where others get on and off. totally different kettle of fish.

Tried it, wouldn't do it again.    It wasn't any fault of Euribia, I loved the ship, just not as much as Virtuosa.   But the multiple port turnaround  made for a bit of a strangely disjointed atmosphere compared to a cruise that starts - sails - ends in the same port.    

Edited by showingdiva
  • Like 2