Can two people use the multi-divice premium internet

I see that the Multi Device Premium Internet is for 4 devices at a time, but it is priced "per person" not per cabin. It would be much less expensive than buying two one-device at a time Premium Internet plans.  Is is OK for two persons in the same cabin to use one Multi-Device Premium Internet Plan, assuming that the total devices being used at any one time were four or fewer? 

Edited by islandwoman

• islandwoman changed the title to Can two people use the multi-divice premium internet

Sure can.  I just purchased it for my upcoming cruise so my friend can reach her family.  she just needs to sign in with my id.  I will change my password to make life simpler for her and once the cruise is over, I’ll just change it back.

Never used it before as DD DH rarely needed internet and I just logged off if he did but I know others who did and it worked just fine.  👍 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

Can each of the 4 devices be doing something different at the same time?  In other words, could I be paying bills while my husband is reading the New York Times?

If any of the four devices have hotspot capability, you can add more devices to that device.

Edited by Crew News
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, islandwoman said:

Can each of the 4 devices be doing something different at the same time?  In other words, could I be paying bills while my husband is reading the New York Times?

Yes. And w/the multi device purchase no need to boot the other off. Nice feature.

Safe travels - enjoy your cruise!

• Thanks 1

Question We are offered a 20% discount for the wifi plans if we buy before the cruise.  Is the price for buying on board actually higher?  Or do they give deals as you check in? We have a "16 day"cruise, so an added 20% would add almost $100 to the wifi price.

16 minutes ago, Wendy236 said:

Question We are offered a 20% discount for the wifi plans if we buy before the cruise.  Is the price for buying on board actually higher?  Or do they give deals as you check in? We have a "16 day"cruise, so an added 20% would add almost $100 to the wifi price.

Price on board is higher.  The premium wifi if purchased in advance is just about the same cost as the Surf package on board.

• Like 1

Yes, two can use the multi device on one plan.....in fact two can share multiple devices each on the shared plan....and it's easy IF you remember to sign off each device before you sign on again with another device.  Here's what happens if you have two devices on one plan package::

User A signs on to phone and gets connection 1

User B signs on to laptop and gets connection 2

User A signs off the phone leaving connection 1 disconnected...then signs on and gets the free connection.  By signing off each time, there is always "your" connection free so you can connect any other of your devices without bothering user B

If you don't sign off....

User A is on connection 1 and connects first

User B is on Connection 2 and forgets to sign off

user B then tries to sign on from a different device and there's no free connection...so the system disconnects the user who has been on the longest...in this case User A.

• Thanks 2

We did in 2022, up to 2 devices.  My husband and I each used our iPhones, we just had to make sure we weren’t on at the same time.  Worked great for email and browsing the internet, even with the premium internet, it was not good enough to download books, that was before Starlink. 

15 minutes ago, Cruiz'nBaers said:

We did in 2022, up to 2 devices.  My husband and I each used our iPhones, we just had to make sure we weren’t on at the same time.  Worked great for email and browsing the internet, even with the premium internet, it was not good enough to download books, that was before Starlink. 

Why did you have to be sure that you weren't on at the same time?

Yes please explain. Was there a reason you would only have one person on one device on at a time if you have a 4 device contract? 

It sounds like you might be better off with a "one device at a time" basic contract?  Or maybe that is what you had.  I might sign up for that!