2/11/24 LIVE Super Bowl Sunday Cruise from Manhattan to Anitgua, Dominica, Grenada, St. Lucia, St. Maarten...

19 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Excursion with Tiffany (pictured next to our van) was GREAT.  She was funny,  knowledgable, talkative and constantly checked that the 4of us were happy with the AC.  Next time in Dominica I would book this company without even checking competition. 

Good to know👍

12 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

US donated a schoolbus filled with books to serve as a roving library for the Dominican kids. Unfortunately a tree fell on it and squashed it. 

20240216_120825.jpg

Actually saw this years ago on a relocation cruise on the Splendor,  brought back great memories!!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JGmf said:

I'm assuming there's only one and it's difficult to get a spot on the WPT Texas Hold 'Em table.  Am I correct?

There are 3 Hold'em tables and you are correct, each table has a waiting list one to three deep at any given time between 7pm and 10pm.

18 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

There are 3 Hold'em tables and you are correct, each table has a waiting list one to three deep at any given time between 7pm and 10pm.

Yeah, I hate that.  I know, what are you going to do?  I assume, like you, I like to park myself there and play through the night.  Hate it when you have people breathing down your back like that...

Grenada sun is different than Antiga,  etc. sun. Pretty close to torture.  Speaking of which,  I caught the locals 3-wheels-and-a-spare packed minivan to Grande Anse Beach.  Better than any six flags ride and only $1, instead of $5 for a taxi.  STAY TUNED FOR VIDEO AT 11.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Say what!  All the locals I talked to seemed to dislike Brits but not Americans.  I must and will wiki this!

If you like Clint Eastwood watch Heartbreak Ridge. 🙂

We docked at St. George's.  I had a blt with extra bacon, crispy, from the deli and it was great.  I took some pics of St. George's and Grand Anse beach from Deck 15 before heading out to explore St. George's by foot,  then take the $5 taxi to Grand Anse Beach.  My plan was to get in the water a while then find a bar with a great view. I knew my chances of finding a view that equaled Magens Bay Beach in St. Thomas were slim, but I was hopeful. 

20240217_121005.jpg

20240217_115508.jpg

20240217_121725.jpg

20240217_121611.jpg

Edited by IntrepidFromDC
  • Like 5

I stumbled upon a stand with older model minivans for local transportation,  kind of a bus terminal.  I found a sign for Grand Anse and asked the driver how much. He said $1 and shoved me in the van which had locals sitting on laps and reggae blasting. No AC and it got pretty ripe quickly,  probably most of the aroma from my seatmate. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Prince Charming wanted to show me the way to the beach but I already knew it.  Getting away from him was a challenge, but I prevailed.  I later learned these white minivans ARE  the local bus system but no regulations or oversight. A lot of Carnival cruisers prefer the "safety" of Carnival excursions,  etc. but this experience was immersive and I would definitely do it again. 

• Like 3

I just realized I'm at the halfway point of this 12-day cruise.  I offer halftime entertainment,  5 of Faith's 11 ferrets devouring Dietz and Watson ham in organic low-sodium chicken broth. Turn up volume to hear their "pleasure squeaks".

Edited by IntrepidFromDC
  • Like 5

Grand Anse Beach reminds me of Grand Turk because of lots of friendly dogs, but it is not crescent shaped. There is a dropoff but nothing sharp underfoot and the water is beautiful. Also, at least 7 beachfront bars. It's a long beach. 

20240217_130911.jpg

20240217_131036.jpg

20240217_124721.jpg

20240217_131830.jpg

20240217_131150.jpg

20240217_131332.jpg

20240217_131719.jpg

20240217_131820.jpg

• Like 4