Yacht Club

dunscrimpin

With Yacht Club, you get the Premium Extra drink package.....

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/on-board/dining-drinks/drinks-packages

...which can be used at any bar on the ship. Certain places (like Venchi) are not included. 

While in the Yacht Club, the bartenders do not scan your card/wristband but outside of the enclave, you will scan. 

Edited by Two Wheels Only
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, deliver42 said:

Johnny Walker Blue isn't offered on any mainstream or semi premium lines as part of the drink package.

It was when MSC offered a PremiumPlus package (DH enjoyed it on an occasion or two and got fond enough of it to treat himself to a bottle last Christmas 🤣)

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 4

Not sure if you already know this or not, but a really nice feature of YC is that all the drinks in your room's refrigerator are included as well, and you can ask for your fave brands if they're available. It's incredibly handy when you're winding down for the night but want to have one last beer while lounging on your balcony watching the moonlight over the ocean waves. 

Also, they will bring drinks to your room!  You get a bottle of wine or alcohol as part of the YC, but many people save those because you really don't need to be mixing your own cocktails.

56 minutes ago, karmamule said:

Not sure if you already know this or not, but a really nice feature of YC is that all the drinks in your room's refrigerator are included as well, and you can ask for your fave brands if they're available. It's incredibly handy when you're winding down for the night but want to have one last beer while lounging on your balcony watching the moonlight over the ocean waves. 

To be clear, the in-room refrigerators are stocked free of beer, soft drinks/mixers, and water. No more mini bottles of liquor.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, JAGR said:

To be clear, the in-room refrigerators are stocked free of beer, soft drinks/mixers, and water. No more mini bottles of liquor.

That’s a good point to make, thanks. Not sure if that was true last time we cruised or not since we stick to beers, sodas or water in our room.

15 minutes ago, karmamule said:

That’s a good point to make, thanks. Not sure if that was true last time we cruised or not since we stick to beers, sodas or water in our room.

I believe it changed when they switched to giving one full-size bottle of liquor or wine per room.  That's when they also stopped replenishing the snacks, like Pringles and Toblerone.

Edited by JAGR
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Beamafar said:

It was when MSC offered a PremiumPlus package (DH enjoyed it on an occasion or two and got fond enough of it to treat himself to a bottle last Christmas 🤣)

Yes I also had that package it was an extra 17 or 18 a day per person, we drank lots of Johnny Walker Blue also some XO.  Cognacs . I would be happy to buy that again.

5 minutes ago, George C said:

Yes I also had that package it was an extra 17 or 18 a day per person, we drank lots of Johnny Walker Blue also some XO.  Cognacs . I would be happy to buy that again.

Too many people bragging on social media about drinking thousands of dollars worth on the package was probably the catalyst for MSC to drop it.  We enjoyed a glass or two of Veuve Cliquot at the Champagne bar every evening when we had it. 

We’ve always had whatever the top drinks package was on our cruises from the time they were first introduced on MSC.  On what was the Deluxe package (€42 then €44 pppd) Remy Martin XO was included @ €12 a glass.  That was reduced to Janneau XO @ €9 a glass when the package increased in price.  Over the years, the inclusions reduced as the prices increased - until Premium Plus was introduced.  It was a no-brainer for us as we enjoyed the higher end spirits and bubbly when we had it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JAGR said:

I believe it changed when they switched to giving one full-size bottle of liquor or wine per room.  That's when they also stopped replenishing the snacks, like Pringles and Toblerone.

With all the nice snacks at the lounge and great pizza delivered for free why would anyone want MRE I mean Pringle chips 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Too many people bragging on social media about drinking thousands of dollars worth on the package was probably the catalyst for MSC to drop it.  We enjoyed a glass or two of Veuve Cliquot at the Champagne bar every evening when we had it. 

We’ve always had whatever the top drinks package was on our cruises from the time they were first introduced on MSC.  On what was the Deluxe package (€42 then €44 pppd) Remy Martin XO was included @ €12 a glass.  That was reduced to Janneau XO @ €9 a glass when the package increased in price.  Over the years, the inclusions reduced as the prices increased - until Premium Plus was introduced.  It was a no-brainer for us as we enjoyed the higher end spirits and bubbly when we had it. 

We visited the champagne bar daily that was a short walk from the YC , bartender started pouring our champagne as soon as he saw us . 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, tony s said:

With all the nice snacks at the lounge and great pizza delivered for free why would anyone want MRE I mean Pringle chips 

Well, I, for one, didn’t care for the lounge snacks and I don’t eat pizza, but I really miss the choc peanuts. 😕  Loved to snack on them with a minibar g&t on the balcony in the afternoons. 

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 1

Just now, George C said:

We visited the champagne bar daily that was a short walk from the YC , bartender started pouring our champagne as soon as he saw us . 

On Meraviglia we dined several times in Butchers Cut (23 nighter).  The BC staff would go straight out to the Champagne Bar as soon as we were seated to fetch our glasses of Veuve - always accompanied by paper coasters with lovely notes to us from the wonderful Oxsana who worked the bar. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

On Seashore the bartender added peppers to the Veuve - delicious 😋. Note the large glasses rather than flutes - we were served ‘doubles’.  🤣

IMG_8437.thumb.jpeg.6d60317eb6d2e8357b0ccb1b84bdd928.jpeg

All my Johnny Walker Blues were doubles along with everything else , we were very friendly with bartender in champagne bar he was originally on rccl which we cruise a lot. We always still tip with each drink. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tony s said:

I get it.  Personally, I'm thrilled with unlimited bottles of water anywhere on the ship.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Beamafar said:

On Seashore the bartender added peppers to the Veuve - delicious 😋. Note the large glasses rather than flutes - we were served ‘doubles’.  🤣

IMG_8437.thumb.jpeg.6d60317eb6d2e8357b0ccb1b84bdd928.jpeg

@Beamafarhow long ago were you on Seashore in Yacht Club? We have experienced both Bella and Fantastica, Yacht Club for first time in two months. Most likely too general a question, any insights? From your Posts you seem to be a frequent MSC cruiser. It seems people nave a very positive Yacht Club experience or not too much good to say. 

19 minutes ago, cellfree said:

@Beamafarhow long ago were you on Seashore in Yacht Club? We have experienced both Bella and Fantastica, Yacht Club for first time in two months. Most likely too general a question, any insights? From your Posts you seem to be a frequent MSC cruiser. It seems people nave a very positive Yacht Club experience or not too much good to say. 

Hi.  We weren’t in YC on that one (in Oct ‘21).  We don’t always sail in YC.  The only categories we haven’t sailed in are insides (except for my first ever cruise - that was on Carnival) and oceanviews (except for an Aurea infinity on World Europa).  We’ve done 27 MSC cruises to date, with 3 more booked for this year. 

I hope you enjoy your YC experience.  You’ll find that many on here will say that once you’ve done it you’ll never go back.  For us, that is not the case.  We don’t think that YC  - especially the fares for YC1 on the newer ships - is worth it.  YINs, at the right price, yes. However, it’s much better value than The Retreat on Celebrity.   Also, we have had wonderful cruises on MSC when not in YC. These are just my opinions. 

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 1

Just to add:  for the first time, on MSC, we have booked a Fantastica Inside on our upcoming Seascape cruise, as we had a YC1 booked and decided to add a very cheap week on to make the long haul flight (from Ireland) worth our while.  At the time of booking I was thinking that we might bid on a higher category, forgetting that we do not have that facility here, unlike other cruise lines.  😩