The Tribe has Spoken!! Carnival Celebration - 1/14/2024 (with pics)

Good morning Cruise Critic and Tribe families! Today Patti and I have a family event to attend and tomorrow is the Super Bowl, so I won't be posting anything new until Monday. Have a great weekend! I hope that your favorite team wins or your numbers come in! 😁

• Like 34

31 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Good morning Cruise Critic and Tribe families! Today Patti and I have a family event to attend and tomorrow is the Super Bowl, so I won't be posting anything new until Monday. Have a great weekend! I hope that your favorite team wins or your numbers come in! 😁

Awwww come on 😂

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

I hope y'all have a nice weekend.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

... I’m going to take you back to March of 2010 when we were on the fairly new Carnival Dream. I booked my boys and me on the Helmet Dive excursion at Coral World.

CD158-X2.jpg

CD176-X2.jpg

I hope you enjoyed the flashback. Coral World still offers the Helmet Dives if you are interested…..

I L❤️VE helmet diving!! Thanks for sharing these pics.

My sister won't snorkel because she doesn't want to be w/o her glasses - this is a great alternative. I'm surprised more places don't offer it.

You have me wanting to book another cruise so I can put on a helmet!!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

I wonder how those things remain waterproof? Is it some kind of inflatable device that locks around your shoulders? 

Not inflatables. They're hard, sit on your shoulders. Very heavy, the tour Ops put them on you. Once you're in water they no longer feel heavy.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, AmyJA said:

Well maybe you all will find dinner more up your alley. Cucina del Capitano, I LOVED their Carbonara.

image.thumb.jpeg.8180f7ec7177107d7cc32a41664c1cb1.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6a13508a0736e633feedcc2941f87706.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.72309986a938cd7a5d2cf625de9a9537.jpeg

And here is the result of almost doing a face plant at the beach. And yes I'm old with dry wrinkled feet and a bad pedicure.. 🤪

image.thumb.jpeg.26d4bf8e7670daa607997a61a3741809.jpeg

Poor little piggy! Has it healed?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Nooooooooooooo...........

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

image.jpeg.c4fd3a190914839ee4ff8a5ab6ba58fd.jpeg

• Haha 13

Checking in! Thanks for sharing the memories with your boys. I love love OSJ. Would love to

move there for the winter but I can speak French but not Spanish and you can’t teach old dogs….I did a thing. If you remember Jeanie and Rick and Joanne from old c@. I keep in touch. Joanne has sailed twice and the greens are now on Enchanted Princess. Doing a “live” on another SM site. She looks beautiful so I booked Red Hook to NE/Canada 9/14. It will be a step down being a newbie vs tough stuff Diamond but I’m excited. I have 5 cruises on Venezia so I’m ready for something new! Y’all enjoy the game tomorrow. I’m rooting for KC but I’m surrounded by 49’er fans! 🥴🫣

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crusin Karen said:

Checking in! Thanks for sharing the memories with your boys. I love love OSJ. Would love to

move there for the winter but I can speak French but not Spanish and you can’t teach old dogs.

Y’all enjoy the game tomorrow. I’m rooting for KC but I’m surrounded by 49’er fans! 🥴🫣

Karen, I have a minor in Spanish. I can read Spanish fairly well (helps with the tourist signs) and it translates over to French - I can read it enough.😘 I think "old dogs" who have one foreign language down can manage the other. And one of my retirement projects is learning French.

• Like 2

I was so glad to see your review ! You always do such a great job and Patti’s pictures are fabulous !! Thank you both for all the work you put into doing these reviews ! I hope one day my husband and I will sail with you and Patti !  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, nybumpkin said:

Karen, I have a minor in Spanish. I can read Spanish fairly well (helps with the tourist signs) and it translates over to French - I can read it enough.😘 I think "old dogs" who have one foreign language down can manage the other. And one of my retirement projects is learning French.

My Moms dad was from Quebec. They had a camp there where I spent summers growing up and I took French in school grades 7-12! So I’m basically fluent in both English and French. We have been to SJ many times and I know it’s bilingual also. French is a bit harder with feminine and masculine nouns but if we ever cruise together I’d be happy to tutor you! 🤗

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

And jamman (and your faithful followers and adoring public and the rest of the Tribe!)  sorry for the highjack of my silly plans. I was goung to add celebration looks like a great ship. Maybe y’all can do a reunion cruise next year and I’ll join you! 👍👏 Happy Super Bowl Sunday fellow cruise addicts! 🏈🍻

• Like 4

What a week!  I’m finally caught up. Love the pictures of your helmet dive with Kevin and Ryan at Coral Worls. Special memories!  I’m glad you took the weekend for some down time.   I rode the Brightline Train from the Orlando Airport to West Palm yesterday with three work friends. We Ubered from the train station in West Palm to Delray Beach to Frank Pepe Pizzeria and back.   Two of the ladies had eaten at the original in CT.  I love pizza so what the heck I was in for an adventure.  It was really good Pizza and awesome Lemincello Cake. One of the ladies that frequented the CT establishment bought three pizza’s - two to heat up for the game tonight.  The other ordered two.  It was a really fun day.  We will definitely do the trio again.  We laughed on the way back about he price of pizza. But laughs and memories of the day we consider priceless!  

Edited by Webecruzen
  • Like 8

On 2/9/2024 at 7:54 PM, AmyJA said:

Yes, I do have peanut butter with my hot dog. Have for years. It's a family thing. Don't knock it until you have tried it. No ketchup. Just mustard and peanut butter. Or bologna with mustard and peanut butter. 

Peanut butter and bacon sandwich on toasted bread. Or peanut butter and dill pickle.  Sooooo good!!

• Haha 3

On 2/10/2024 at 1:40 PM, Haljo1935 said:

Not inflatables. They're hard, sit on your shoulders. Very heavy, the tour Ops put them on you. Once you're in water they no longer feel heavy.

We did Snuba at Sunset Bar in Cozumel. Loved it!!

IMG_5275.thumb.jpeg.b52b320635e9e281b871de96d3905416.jpegIMG_5273.thumb.jpeg.1fcfa80419a0733bf8c8835d7d5de28d.jpegIMG_5274.thumb.jpeg.e52acccd09de675c906dce8c29ef3dc2.jpeg

• Like 10

2 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

We did Snuba at Sunset Bar in Cozumel. Loved it!!

IMG_5275.thumb.jpeg.b52b320635e9e281b871de96d3905416.jpegIMG_5273.thumb.jpeg.1fcfa80419a0733bf8c8835d7d5de28d.jpegIMG_5274.thumb.jpeg.e52acccd09de675c906dce8c29ef3dc2.jpeg

That also looks like fun! Sister won't do it because of her glasses, but I think I'm one cruise away from getting DH to do it.

• Haha 3

Day # 6  -  (January 19th)  -  Fun Day at Sea # 2. 

We were up at 7am to a warm, partly cloudy day. The seas are fairly calm. Here are the views from our balcony as the Carnival Celebration heads back to Miami…..

IMG_3568-XL.jpg

IMG_3569-XL.jpg

Here are today’s Fun Times…..

IMG_3564-XL.jpg

IMG_3565-XL.jpg

IMG_3566-XL.jpg

Patti put two bags of laundry together, and then went up to the Marketplace for some breakfast. I went to Bar 820 for a coffee. Took a peek outside at the smoking section…..

IMG_3570-XL.jpg

IMG_3571-XL.jpg

I went back to the cabin and in the mailbox was our debarkation information. Already? We still have two days to go!

IMG_3572-XL.jpg

I worked on pictures until 9am, and then I met Patti down at Celebration Central to pick up her bingo package that we won last night at Deal or No Deal. We won a $25 package, but Patti likes the $48 package so we just pay for the difference…..

IMG_3608-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 15

I made my way up to the Red Frog Tiki Bar for some bloody Mary’s, while Patti checked out Build-A-Bear……

IMG_3593-XL.jpg

IMG_3591-XL.jpg

IMG_3596-XL.jpg

IMG_3600-XL.jpg

IMG_3601-XL.jpg

IMG_3602-XL.jpg

IMG_3603-XL.jpg

IMG_3604-XL.jpg

IMG_3607-XL.jpg

IMG_3579-XL.jpg

IMG_3581-XL.jpg

IMG_3580-XL.jpg

To be continued…….

• Like 14

Today “The Wave” Morning show is being held in Piano Bar 88. At 10am I met Patti, Pat, and Jim there…..

IMG_3583-XL.jpg

IMG_3617-XL.jpg

IMG_3614-XL.jpg

IMG_3613-XL.jpg

IMG_3615-XL.jpg

IMG_3616-XL.jpg

IMG_3620-XL.jpg

The hosts for today’s show are Lee and Louis…..

IMG_3623-XL.jpg

IMG_3626-XL.jpg

IMG_3629-XL.jpg

They are joined by Zee from Effy, and later on by Paul the Fitness Instructor…..

IMG_3633-XL.jpg

IMG_3640-XL.jpg

IMG_3650-XL.jpg

IMG_3653-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 14