Airline flight information for Regal Princess

beshears

My first question is, how do we know what time we will be boarding the ship?

I started to put our flight (we are not booking our flight through Princess) information in, but it dawned on me, we are flying into Galveston, TX the day BEFORE, staying overnight, and boarding the ship the next day. So how do we know what time we will board the ship?

Is there an area in Princess website, where we put our flight information in for when we are leaving the ship? I'm used to the cruise line asking for our flight schedule to/from the ship, so they would schedule us the time to board, and the time to leave the ship. What I seen on Princess website didn't seem to be what I'm used to seeing on our cruise line websites.

There are no set times to board. But there is a place to include you flight times when you fill out the check-in steps. It’s listed under travel information. 

• Like 2

Boarding usually begins around 10:30/11:00. People start arriving as early as 9:00am, check in and wait. There are no assigned boarding times. You should check in no later than 90 minutes before sailing. Princess is required to provide a passenger manifest to the authorities 1 hour before sailing.

The drive from Galveston is around 1 to 1 1/2 hours depending on the airport. Princess will assign you a disembarkation time. You can also request any time you like to disembark from early walk off, where you wheel all your own luggage, which begins around 7am until around 9:30am by visiting passenger services.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, beshears said:

So how do we know what time we will board the ship?

Is there an area in Princess website, where we put our flight information in for when we are leaving the ship? 

I was on Regal last week. About 10 days prior to your cruise the app will populate your boarding pass which in our case said check in time was 10:30 - 2. This isn't an assignment but just the open check in time for everyone.

During your cruise you'll get a paper delivered to your room asking about disembarkation choices. Everyone has to be out of their room by 8am. You mark your choice of time and option (self walkoff with luggage or what time/group for exit and luggage retrieval in the terminal).

Edited by Paula_MacFan

Thanks for ALL your input. Paula MacFan, thanks for letting me know they will deliver a paper asking for our disembarkation time choices. I knew in all my cruises, I have always had something like that, and that is good to know.

Thanks for "showing" that to me, but Candy4040 says I don't need to do this? I'm a little confused. 😞 As I said we are flying in the day before, and I'm thinking ???, someone said we could line up/start getting on the ship from 11:00 on???

If you air is booked thru EZAir you do not need to this.  But if you have made independednt flight arrangments you should complete the section referred to by   bagney.  This info is used to help Guest Services assign a disembarkation time to ensure you make your flight.

If you are not happy with the time assigned, go to Guest Sevices to change it.

• Like 1

Racj846, I appreciate what you posted to me, that since we were not using Princess EZAir, I needed to put our info in. I went to the area that was described (my son WATCHED me do it), and put in ONLY "From Ship" and the information that it ask for. It did not ask for a "flight time". It ask for only the flight #, where to, and location flying to, as well as the date. As far as I know, Regal ship is to arrive at 7:00AM. Our flight is to leave 12:40PM, or just a tad after noon. As far as I know, it takes about an hour to get from the ship to the airport, and we already have our transportation booked through someone else. Each time I put this in, I would get a message: THIS FLIGHT DEPARTS TOO EARLY TO RELIABLY MAKE YOUR FLIGHT AFTER ARRIVAL. I even CALLED Princess, and that was a JOKE! 😞 😞 They were NO help at all!

22 minutes ago, beshears said:

Racj846, I appreciate what you posted to me, that since we were not using Princess EZAir, I needed to put our info in. I went to the area that was described (my son WATCHED me do it), and put in ONLY "From Ship" and the information that it ask for. It did not ask for a "flight time". It ask for only the flight #, where to, and location flying to, as well as the date. As far as I know, Regal ship is to arrive at 7:00AM. Our flight is to leave 12:40PM, or just a tad after noon. As far as I know, it takes about an hour to get from the ship to the airport, and we already have our transportation booked through someone else. Each time I put this in, I would get a message: THIS FLIGHT DEPARTS TOO EARLY TO RELIABLY MAKE YOUR FLIGHT AFTER ARRIVAL. I even CALLED Princess, and that was a JOKE! 😞 😞 They were NO help at all!

You are over-thinking and over-worrying.  If you have a ground transportation plan from port to airport, you are fine for domestic flying.  Do you have TSA Pre? 

Princess' earliest departing flight times are so conservative, it is often ridiculous, save some sort of serious disaster situation.  If you were to pretend to book EzAir, you would find that Princess doesn't allow a departure booking prior to 1:30pm.  

Maybe some confusion here.  Your first post says you are flying into Galveston, if that is correct you have all the time in the world to catch a flight. 

But if you meant Houston Hobby then yes, it takes about an hour to get there  (Houston Bush Intl is even further)   As noted earlier Princess will deliver disembarkation baggage tags to you a couple of days before the end of the cruise along with a list of MEETING times and places for each colored tag.  

If all goes according to plan DISEMBARKATION time will be approx 15-30 mins after the meeting time. If that estimate of disembarkation time is later than your private transportation pickup time, then go to Guest Services and request an earlier time.

Thank you both for your input. In the meantime I text my family members, and they ran into the SAME situation as myself. Yes, even though I said Galveston, it was the Houston/Hobby Airport. We are to have transportation from our hotel (staying the night before cruise), to the ship, and then the transportation picking us up after our cruise. My d-i-l said to just LEAVE our information in, and see what happens, even though we are getting this message. I did post back and said if nothing else works, we'll just have to go to guest services. Once again, thank you for trying to help!

^^^^Incorrect.  To what flight info are you refering.  Whether the passenger booked thru EZAir or independently, the ship has no related paperwork to give the passenger.

Baggage tags and instructions are delivered to cabins  a couple of days before disembarkation.  If delivered on the last night of the cruise, passengers would have virtually no time to make a change should one be needed. 

Edited by racj846
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, beshears said:

My d-i-l said to just LEAVE our information in, and see what happens, even though we are getting this message.

Smart.  I have entered independent flight info in the past and had the same thing.  NBD as long as you have a plan.

All I can say is the flight FROM the ship information, we're leaving in the Princess  Guest flight forum, even though it looks like it is not taking it for none of my family, and that might still be true. (We can always call/check with the guest relations to make sure.) I know they don't need the flight TO information, as we are coming in the day before. Thanks for letting me know that we can probably get on the ship after 12:00. All I know is in the many  cruises I have done, the information of the (general) TIME we do disembarkation from the ship is given to us the night before. We do have a holding place we go to on the last day, until our number is called. As far as I know, they go by the "flight schedule time", as the time we disembark the ship. For the people who are not flying or have a very early flight, they generally are the first ones that get off the ship.