MSC Divina Yacht Club 2/11 - 2/22 Live Review

DaKahuna

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

Just a few items to comment on.  
Service has been over the top as everyone has been saying about the yacht club.

This morning while making my way aft on deck 7 to go to breakfast and the again on my way back to the cabin, using deck 6, I was surprised at how few people were out and about. There were more people when we made our way fore and aft going to and from lunch.  The only really crowded area we have seen have been the pools, except for yacht club.

I have one disappointing item I have noticed, and I have not mentioned this to anyone, and that is how dirty the windows are in the Top Sail Lounge.  I am hoping that this may be corrected in tomorrow’s port visit but I am not hopeful.

We are finding that we prefer Celebrity’s Luminae dining better, more for the greater selections and ability to order from the MDR menu.  The food has not been bad, just different and limited in choices.

The same applies to the wine list in Le Muse.  Very limited.

IMG_0396.thumb.jpeg.ee6a2fea0d639f3b871bc868a9522297.jpeg

Wife will not be happy with this wine list , used to drink bonterra decade ago I believe that’s an organic wine. Surprise no Italian wines.

A gentleman at a table near us at dinner last night complained at the wine they tried to serve him.  They took it away and he taled with one of the waiters. A. Short while later a server showed up, opened a bottle of Oboron Cabernet Sauvignon and served him that.  

I am tempted to ask for it by name tonight. 

I had just said to my DH a few minutes ago, as I read through this, that there was no sign of Oberon.  It’s the only red I drink on US sailings and I am hoping that it’s available on our upcoming Seascape sailing.  If I don’t see it on the list, I guess I’ll have to talk nicely to the sommelier. 😆

Here’s the lunch menus to show what the app said vs what was the actual menu.

When we were on Musica in October, the menu on my app one night was different to the one on our table mate’s app - and we both had iPhones!!  Some of the items differed from the actual menu, too. 🙄

51 minutes ago, TEXASMIMI said:

With a such a limited wine list, what is MSC policy for bringing wine on?

You are not allowed to. 

But I believe many report bringing on a bottle or two and “nobody cares”. 

Thanks for your Posts on the Divine. We sail her in April for the first time. Looking forward to another TransAtlantic... but have always been on other Lines. 

Love everyones details about MSC- Keep 'em coming! 😁

2 hours ago, TrinaLC said:

You are not allowed to. 

But I believe many report bringing on a bottle or two and “nobody cares”. 

I know we brought some in pre Covid days waiter actually went to our cabin to get it for us.

7 hours ago, TrinaLC said:

You mean you can’t order a double drink on RCCL/suite lounge? Just a miserly shot pour?

Msc YC will make it as big as you want!  A triple for your room?  No problem!

Previously answered but so far it seems everyone does what ever to make you happy.

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Like 1

Once again sitting in the Top Sail lounge enjoying an adult beverage. 

we had a relaxing afternoon during which I had a nice nap in the room.  Woke up and went to Le Muse for dinner.  The app menu and restaurant menu were the same.

IMG_0428.thumb.jpeg.cd32019c4a1ea00128c5928486ca1bf9.jpeg

My DW had the minestrone soup and also a bowl of french onion soup that we had requested from the maitre’d the night before

IMG_0420.thumb.jpeg.012eb70800749cc8e9906c858572dd27.jpeg

• Like 2

My wife had the chicken breast from the everyday menu

IMG_0421.thumb.jpeg.6fd36caa9f8a7ef7c200443b73887528.jpeg

and I had the delicious lamb chops

IMG_0422.thumb.jpeg.9c191b5d972dca1677d8757b571f6049.jpeg

we both had the terimisu for the second night in a row

IMG_0423.thumb.jpeg.842cf389598e0e4c9e635c4df33f7d9a.jpeg

along with a coffee and Bailey’s.

• Like 4

After dinner we went to the Top Sail loung where we were joined by @Mark_T and his lovely wife.  We enjoyed some lovely conversation and drinks until just a short while ago.

Tomorrow is Ochos Rio and we only plan to leave the ship for a short time to shop for some Blue Mountain Gold beans, otherwise we plan to stay onboard and hopefully meet up with @JamieLogical and her DH.

• Like 5

MSC does have other wines that are not on the daily YC wine offerings-- and you can buy a better bottle

We just found in '22 that the daily offerings weren't always as nice as they could have been - very grocery store-esq if you know what I mean. As opposed to feeling curated for meal pairing.

Hoping they have some nicer options when we board YC in a few weeks

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

MSC does have other wines that are not on the daily YC wine offerings-- and you can buy a better bottle

We just found in '22 that the daily offerings weren't always as nice as they could have been - very grocery store-esq if you know what I mean. As opposed to feeling curated for meal pairing.

Hoping they have some nicer options when we board YC in a few weeks

We enjoy a glass of wine or two with our meals, me more so than my DW, but do not consider ourselves to have a very refined palette.  I have tried all three of the daily YC red wines and fine the Pinot Noir to be the most acceptable to my palette.  Whether or not I’ll try and see if there are other alternatives remains to be seen but it is something to keep in mind.

• Like 3

Good morning.  It is a slightly overcast day and we are just relaxing in the room waiting on our butler to deliver our breakfast.  

We will be docking in Ocho Rios in about two hours where the temperature is in the low to mid 70’s.  In the mean time this is what we are missing at home.

IMG_0079.thumb.jpeg.be0e86b77c6e14e79749f78b497cd6dc.jpeg

That is supposed to turn to rain in the next couple of hours and will all be washed away by this afternoon so we will not have to ask our neighbors to clear our sidewalk. 

In the mean time we’ll just have to make do with this view.

IMG_0080.thumb.jpeg.b41cc98fe7bfa209fd51978b4a34fb97.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Well there ya go!

A fine day at sea is better than shoveling snow any day...as retired navy I am certain you agree.

My DH is happy with decent red table wine.

I drink more whites and they are harder to pin down as they can be flimsy, sugary ... 

We noticed a rattling / banging noise our first night but it was not so bad that it bothered us so we did not say anything.  Yesterday morning we heard it but not as often or loud and I pointed out to my wife that it was from the one of the dividers on the balcony which had a little play in it.  It was still not anything bothersome so we did not say anything to anyone.  

I do not know if our neighbors in the adjoining cabin said anything or not but this morning on the balcony I noticed this.IMG_0081.thumb.jpeg.91253d0d6ba480aad73499e11ec88e5a.jpeg

The noise is gone.  

we received a notice in our cabin last night that they would be cleaning balconies today so except to step out for some fresh air, we have not used ours yet today.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

My DH is happy with decent red table wine.

I drink more whites and they are harder to pin down as they can be flimsy, sugary ... 

My DW had the Riesling last night and said it was very good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Our first MSC sailing was on the Divina in the YC. The YC on the Divina is a lot more personable than the newer, larger ships. By far our favorite. The only downside is the restaurant in in the Aft, but with great wake views. The walk is wonderful, especially after dinner.

• Like 2

As I sit here waiting to go out and about today I thought I would update my onboard WiFi experiences.  As previously mentioned I was not able to get my travel router to work.  MSC is apparently blocking these types of devices.  While I can connect it to the ship’s WiFi, it does not connect to the www.mscwifi.com in order to log in and get internet connectivity.  So I am using my iPhone and iPad.

If I use my VPN, we are able to stream YouTube, which both of us like to browse in the morning and evenings.  

If I do not use my VPN I have better success at uploading pictures here on Cruise Critic. 

The Internet is provided by StarLink in case anyone is interested.  Here is the results of a speed test I ran this morning in our cabin. 

Without VPN

IMG_0085.thumb.jpeg.6607e396264b72f409990d3ee05fe8cb.jpeg

with VPN turned on

IMG_0084.thumb.jpeg.08502504bcbc7bc9d74338f7eca7bc00.jpeg

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

Our first MSC sailing was on the Divina in the YC. The YC on the Divina is a lot more personable than the newer, larger ships. By far our favorite. The only downside is the restaurant in in the Aft, but with great wake views. The walk is wonderful, especially after dinner.

We have not minded the walk whatsoever.  For lunch on embarkation day, we took deck 15 port side and the smell of smoke was immediately noticeable although there were very few people out on deck.  Since then we have used deck 7 going and coming. 

We have been enjoying the ambience of the Top Sail Lounge and find it a relaxing place to just sit and do our thing.  Giuseppe has been everywhere and his smile and enthusiasm is very pleasant. 

• Like 4