Confused Elite mini bar

envy4u

3 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Sorry if my post wasn't clear.  The mini bar is still there, but the swap out for the coffee is what was removed, which was a nice benefit that has been taken away.

And on our last cruise, it wasn't 20, it was 18, so I think there has been another cutback there as well, at least on the Sky.

We have always received 10 non alcoholic and 10 alcoholic drinks in our mini bar - last cruise was on Grand Princess in Oct/Nov.  Even had 20 drinks on Sky Princess June 2023

• Like 1

Was very sad but not surprised to discover the coffee swap was no longer available 🥺.  Thankfully the free Lavazza coffee being offered now is much better than the old sludge!

on the Sky….that we were just on, I swapped each week for a mix of liquor, soda and water…..give me 2 of these, 4 of those, 8 of those……

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lor74 said:

Was very sad but not surprised to discover the coffee swap was no longer available 🥺.  Thankfully the free Lavazza coffee being offered now is much better than the old sludge!

on the Sky….that we were just on, I swapped each week for a mix of liquor, soda and water…..give me 2 of these, 4 of those, 8 of those……

What about a kettle? On NCL we were able to get a coffee pot. Which we were very surprised by. I know when sailing around the British isles they supply a kettle. 

Edited by STEVENJAN

5 hours ago, lor74 said:

You do realize that there is no longer a coffee only package or card?  Cannot swap for something that does not exist.  

15 minutes ago, lor74 said:

Hasn't this package been changed to the Zero-Alcohol Package.  That is the only option I see when I check my booked cruises   under the  "Beverage" tab  that shows this package covers coffee, cokes, teas etc. Nothing listed for a "Coffee and Soda" package.

4 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

Hasn't this package been changed to the Zero-Alcohol Package.  That is the only option I see when I check my booked cruises   under the  "Beverage" tab  that shows this package covers coffee, cokes, teas etc. Nothing listed for a "Coffee and Soda" package.

The link appears to be from the Cruise Personalizer - Onboard Services.  If it is still offered there, IDK why it isn't listed on the main website under beverage packages.  I do not have a current booking to check it myself.  Could be an old link.  It also has "global" in the URL and we don't know where the poster is from.

2 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

Don’t know.  It could be old information that they have not removed from their site.

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

The link appears to be from the Cruise Personalizer - Onboard Services.  If it is still offered there, IDK why it isn't listed on the main website under beverage packages.  I do not have a current booking to check it myself.  Could be an old link.  It also has "global" in the URL and we don't know where the poster is from.

It's not offered on the cruise personalizer. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, lor74 said:

Yes.  My point is that the mini bar can be swapped (different items, wine), it just cannot be swapped for something that no longer available on the ship.  
Many of us that purchase the Plus or Premier packages have several Elite benefits that are of no value to us.  At least Princess offers one of the most competitively price Plus type packages.

I do understand your point.  

On 2/8/2024 at 11:08 PM, STEVENJAN said:

What about a kettle? On NCL we were able to get a coffee pot. Which we were very surprised by. I know when sailing around the British isles they supply a kettle. 

On some ship/itineraries you can order a kettle with a tea/coffee setup.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2024 at 1:57 PM, jagoffee said:

Many of us that purchase the Plus or Premier packages have several Elite benefits that are of no value to us.

You can always switch everything out for a bottle of wine to carry home.

• Like 1