When did the 'all included' package change to just drinks and wifi?

welshrich

Hi, after many years sailing on RCI we sailed on Celebrity last year and loved it, although Elite through the reciprocal RCI program we chose the add on that included drinks, wifi and tips.   We've since booked 3 more cruises with Celebrity but noticed that on their website it only mentions drinks and wifi.

Does anyone know when this changed?  as we booked through a TA we've not heard anything from them, unsure if we still have tips included or if we need to now include them in our budget, also thinking that if it's separate whether to drop to the non included package and just enjoy the evening happy hour and pay as you go for any other drinks?

4 minutes ago, Pushka said:

It changed a few months ago and tips aren’t included either. 

Thanks for this, do they still honour cruises booked before the change, just checked two of them and they still say drinks, wifi and tips on my confirmation?

8 minutes ago, welshrich said:

Thanks for this, do they still honour cruises booked before the change, just checked two of them and they still say drinks, wifi and tips on my confirmation?

Yes yiu sre all set on those cruises. I have one ccoming up and also was no issue in my nov/dec cruise after the change on prior booked under the old promo 

• Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, welshrich said:

Yes, if it was included when you booked, you will not be charged. Just got off a cruise where we were cancelled then lifted and shifted from 2020 (also 2021, 2022, and 2023). I can’t believe we finally made it.

In November, I had to change sail date from April 2024 to November 2024 that I booked in January 2023 due to fact I was having open heart surgery and would not be cleared to travel in April.  At time of rebooking, cruise was not yet paid in full and  I had promo with all inclusive when originally booked.  They did not honor pricing and perks with change of date and took away our onboard credit and paid gratuities. While I was OK with that, they also did not honor the pricing in my new confirmation issued at time of rebooking. When I logged into my Celebrity account a few weeks later, it was $1100 higher than my confirmation!  I wrote to Executive office to complain, and a representative called me back and said the Celebrity TA quoted the price wrong at the time of the rebooking and threw me $200 onboard credit as ‘goodwill’ gesture. If it werent for fact we are traveling with others and we’d loose our $500 deposit, I would have cancelled.

5 hours ago, welshrich said:

We've since booked 3 more cruises with Celebrity but noticed that on their website it only mentions drinks and wifi.

Yes, they changed it a while back because that's "what their loyal customers wanted" (without materially changing the pricing). I'm sure they think we all have single figure IQs. 😉

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, CMW5060 said:

In November, I had to change sail date from April 2024 to November 2024 that I booked in January 2023 due to fact I was having open heart surgery and would not be cleared to travel in April.  At time of rebooking, cruise was not yet paid in full and  I had promo with all inclusive when originally booked.  They did not honor pricing and perks with change of date and took away our onboard credit and paid gratuities. While I was OK with that, they also did not honor the pricing in my new confirmation issued at time of rebooking. When I logged into my Celebrity account a few weeks later, it was $1100 higher than my confirmation!  I wrote to Executive office to complain, and a representative called me back and said the Celebrity TA quoted the price wrong at the time of the rebooking and threw me $200 onboard credit as ‘goodwill’ gesture. If it werent for fact we are traveling with others and we’d loose our $500 deposit, I would have cancelled.

I changed my room - only the room not the category, and lost OBC as a result but as it was still before the change date I kept the tips etc as they were still being offered at the time. But the OBC had been dropped. There was no mention I would lose the OBC from the original booking when I simply changed to cabin just a couple of doors away. 

You should not lose anything when changing cabin in the same category.  Their system in notorious for dropping OBC when there are any changes on a reservation.  Generally a simple call will get it reinstated.

11 hours ago, welshrich said:

yes they do.    If you had them as a perk prior to the change you still have them.

51 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

You should not lose anything when changing cabin in the same category.  Their system in notorious for dropping OBC when there are any changes on a reservation.  Generally a simple call will get it reinstated.

I sure did call. And they refused to reapply as I had changed the booking and the conditions at the time of the change were used. Which had no OBC but did have tips etc included.   Sadly I didn't really need to change the cabin but was just fiddling around. As soon as AI changed then I've not touched it. 

Edited by Pushka

5 minutes ago, Pushka said:

I sure did call. And they refused to reapply as I had changed the booking and the conditions at the time of the change were used. Which had no OBC but did have tips etc included.   Sadly I didn't really need to change the cabin but was just fiddling around. As soon as AI changed then I've not touched it. 

Sorry, never had this happen.

2 hours ago, Pushka said:

Maybe this is the new way forward. 

It seems I did something extra at the time so this shouldn’t occur with a simple cabin change so all good. 

On 2/8/2024 at 6:30 AM, CMW5060 said:

So I just rebooked something for next year due to an itinerary change. They didn't honor any of my perks except the OBC I got from booking while I was on the ship.  All my perks just went poof.  I was also told if I did refundable and want to change to non-refundable any day in the future they would reprice me at the new rate of the day.