Anyone familiar with the s3 aft suite on the Discovery ?

Shippy

It looks like the back of the ship slants going down.

This gives the illusion that the lower the deck number the bigger those cabins and or balconies might be.

Anyone know if this is so ?

any cabin recommendations ? thanks

Cabin sizes are the same - but balcony sizes differ.  Baja and Caribe are the larger balconies with some shade cover.  The others are smaller balconies with little or no shade/rain cover.  Try searching YouTube for the cabin you interested in.

Some balconies are definitely larger on this class of ship.  We stayed on the Baja deck once and the balcony is huge.  There are a couple other decks that have the much larger balconies, too (the Marina, Riviera, Dolphin).  Personally, I like the lower decks a bit more so would choose the Dolphin or Baja.  I believe the inside of the cabins are all the same size but can’t say that 100% certainty.  

I have stayed in several on this class ship and the penthouse wraparound aft balconies are all very large. One consideration would be how far do you want to be from the concierge lounge. We like to be on Riviera deck so we can walk down the hall to get coffee or tea before going to breakfast

• Like 1

We were in one of the higher suites (A734) and yes the depth of the balcony diminishes but we had the cabin next door too so we did have a very large balcony and had no complaints.

I am not sure that the actual suite sizes alter from deck to deck, I doubt it but willing to be told differently.

We love the aft suites, we are on the Sun Princess soon and will miss those aft balcony suites.

One thing you may want to consider is if your balcony is covered. Some are partially covered and others are not. It helps to look at a photo of the back of the ship, or look for a video on YouTube. 

Edited by Crystabel

So as you can see the top 2 decks are Marina and Riviera - good size balconies, but no cover at all. 

Then Aloha, very narrow balcony.  Baja is a good size balcony with some cover.  Caribe, small balcony and no cover.  Dolphin is the largest balcony with some cover and Emerald is the Owners Suite.

We were on deck 15 port side last month.  It would be my last choice. My comments are not complaints, I felt very fortunate to be in that cabin.

The deck above is the wake view bar so there were so there were guests looking down at us and often wanting to have conversation.

Deck 17 aft is the cigar smoking area and is very well used. 

During the night between 1 and 2 the decks above are washed down.The noice isn't what bothered us so much it was the cushions and the deck were soaked and stayed that way most of the day. We tried taking in all the cushions at night but that didn't always happen. The furniture also was soaked so they were in very poor shape.

The huge plus was it was a short walk up to the bar for drinks and coffee in the morning.

I agree deck 14 would be my choice.