Favorite Excursion

my3sonsnj

Can anyone that has been to Bermuda on multiple occasions share their favorite "to do" activity/excursion? We are going with a group of friends and half of them have been to Bermuda more than once while the other half have never been to Bermuda. I would like to be able to suggest a variety of things we can do together or separately.

Thanks so much!

Although it's been awhile since we've been to Bermuda, one of our favorite things was what Brighton Line said...rent a Boston Whaler and cruise around to the shipwrecks, snorkel, go to an inhibited island. (We also did the jet skis with the same company right before renting the whaler). 

HERE is our jet ski tour 

Then when we went back to the dock, HERE is my review with the Whaler Boat. 

There's tons of pictures included. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/22/2024 at 7:40 PM, mitsugirly said:

Although it's been awhile since we've been to Bermuda, one of our favorite things was what Brighton Line said...rent a Boston Whaler and cruise around to the shipwrecks, snorkel, go to an inhibited island. (We also did the jet skis with the same company right before renting the whaler). 

HERE is our jet ski tour 

Thank you. This was extremely helpful. 

It's been 15 years since I've been to Bermuda so I don't know if they still have it but I always enjoyed the Helmet Dives. If you don't know about them it is a great way to see underwater and the coral reefs and not have to get your face wet or be able to swim. 

Hartley's was the name of the company I have used most times. I had always done ship shore excursions with them but pretty sure you can book on your own. There was one time it was with another company but I don't remember the name of that one. Hartley's gets great reviews on Trip Advisor if that matters to you.  I don't see it on the list for our upcoming cruise on the NCL Joy in May. 

49 minutes ago, dmrrn73 said:

It's been 15 years since I've been to Bermuda so I don't know if they still have it but I always enjoyed the Helmet Dives. If you don't know about them it is a great way to see underwater and the coral reefs and not have to get your face wet or be able to swim. 

Hartley's was the name of the company I have used most times. I had always done ship shore excursions with them but pretty sure you can book on your own. There was one time it was with another company but I don't remember the name of that one. Hartley's gets great reviews on Trip Advisor if that matters to you.  I don't see it on the list for our upcoming cruise on the NCL Joy in May. 

The cruise lines stopped doing business with Hartley's over 10 years ago after a cruise passenger died just after doing a Hartley's dive. 

IIRC, the reason cruise lines stopped booking Hartley's dives was not only that someone unfortunately died, but just as much Hartley's attitude and response to the tragic incident. 

1 minute ago, njhorseman said:

The cruise lines stopped doing business with Hartley's over 10 years ago after a cruise passenger died just after doing a Hartley's dive. 

IIRC, the reason cruise lines stopped booking Hartley's dives was not only that someone unfortunately died, but just as much Hartley's attitude and response to the tragic incident. 

Oh wow, I hadn't heard about that, so sad. Thanks for the info. 

11 hours ago, dmrrn73 said:

You can book with Hartley direct on their website. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, njhorseman said:

I didn't care for his attitude and response. Instead of empathy it was more like she must have had a preexisting condition which might have been true but was not established. The Bermuda government did estabish new rules in response which he'd  has to follow to continue which he objected too but he has had to follow.  In any case the cruise lines have not resumed booking his excursions since then, 10 years ago. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/22/2024 at 7:40 PM, mitsugirly said:

HERE is our jet ski tour 

I'm with Kim, we have used H20 three times in the past, will be four in June and have never been disappointed. If money is tight rent kayaks or paddle boards and go to the little islands about 1/2 mile away