Charge for adult chocolate milk

Cafabi

I can't find any recent info about chocolate milk for adults--only that they may charge for it although it is free for kids? Does anyone know approximately how much (we are not getting the packages)? At what age are you an adult? I read that for alcohol, it's 21. My son will have just turned 18. Are they going to card him for chocolate milk LOL?

• Like 1

You can get chocolate milk (chocolate syrup + milk) for free in any MDR.  I've even ordered hot chocolate in the morning.  I have tried to get hot chocolate in the buffet.  Because it comes from a bar, there is a charge.  Haven't tried to get chocolate milk anywhere else except from the MDR.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

You can get chocolate milk (chocolate syrup + milk) for free in any MDR.  I've even ordered hot chocolate in the morning.  I have tried to get hot chocolate in the buffet.  Because it comes from a bar, there is a charge.  Haven't tried to get chocolate milk anywhere else except from the MDR.

Ha ha I like the way you phrased that because indeed sometimes it does seem like more chocolate than milk. DS has gotten it many times before in the MDR and will want it again I'm sure (DH too probably) so I am just wondering how it will work once he's over 18. There are other posts on here saying it's free for kids but not adults.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Cafabi said:

Ha ha I like the way you phrased that because indeed sometimes it does seem like more chocolate than milk. DS has gotten it many times before in the MDR and will want it again I'm sure (DH too probably) so I am just wondering how it will work once he's over 18. There are other posts on here saying it's free for kids but not adults.

I've ordered as recently as October 2023 (Caribbean Princess) AND I am over 18 years of age.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I get my hot chocolate in the buffet for free.  Pick up packets of usually Nestlé Hot Cocoa mix next to the tea packets.  If not available- ask.  No need to get at a bar. And,yes they often run out so I bring packets from home.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

I get my hot chocolate in the buffet for free.  Pick up packets of usually Nestlé Hot Cocoa mix next to the tea packets.  If not available- ask.  No need to get at a bar. And,yes they often run out so I bring packets from home.

It's been a long time since I've not had a Plus package and had to request hot chocolate at the buffet.  I don't frequent the buffet often so really don't know if there are now packets of Hot Chocolate.  Thank you for the updated information.

• Like 2

As memory serves me, last summer (2023) on Discovery Princess in the buffet, in the same alcoves as the self serve coffee dispensers there was a self serve hot chocolate dispenser.

Edited by phroggie
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the info. So best I can tell the official policy is that they are supposed to charge adults (anyone know an amount?) but this doesn't seem to be the case in practice. Yay.

Just now, memoak said:

I have always thought adult chocolate mile was whole milk and a shot of Baileys

You will get charged for that.  There's enough calories in Balleys so i order it with skim/2% milk.

• Like 1