Here we go again... LIVE from Beyond, February 19, 2024

mac_tlc

Welcome to Grand Cayman! 

Or maybe not…….

Tendering operation is unsafe due to weather today, so GC is a no go. Sea day instead. Time for the activities group to scramble. 

Had no plans to get off today but solarium will be more crowded. 

mac_tlc

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Welcome to Grand Cayman! 

Or maybe not…….

Tendering operation is unsafe due to weather today, so GC is a no go. Sea day instead. Time for the activities group to scramble. 

mac_tlc

At least all the bars will be open now that GC is a no-go. 🍸🥂.
When we were on Ascent we found the Solarium to be too warm. Felt like it wasn’t climate controlled like on S and M class ships. How is it on Beyond?

• Like 1

Let’s go back in time to lunch yesterday. We contemplated going to the MDR but the menu didn’t catch our eye so we went to Luminae. Here is the menu:

IMG_5684.jpeg

I had the broiled feta salad—- I have never found anything with feta to be bad. The hint of mint pesto added a great flavor.

Then onto the Cajun Shrimp Po Boy. It was delicious! A perfect roll, very fresh , grilled shrimp, slightly seasoned with some spicy aioli —- it was really good! Too bad they are not repeating this menu. 

Had to have dessert because Rozi convinced me, white chocolate mousse:

IMG_5685.jpeg

An excellent lunch!!!

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

At least all the bars will be open now that GC is a no-go. 🍸🥂.
When we were on Ascent we found the Solarium to be too warm. Felt like it wasn’t climate controlled like on S and M class ships. How is it on Beyond?

Today was going to be our first foray into the Solarium pool. I just walked by it, at 7:30, and it is packed already. Lots of early tour folks with time to kill now. 

I am really surprised at the level of “chair hoggery” . By the main pool, 3/4 of the prime chairs have towels, clips and no people on them. If that was my go-to spot, I would be quite unhappy.

mac_tlc

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

Welcome to Grand Cayman! 

Or maybe not…….

mac_tlc

Not sure  but didn't you recently get off at GC..when seas were perfectly calm?  

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

Today was going to be our first foray into the Solarium pool. I just walked by it, at 7:30, and it is packed already. Lots of early tour folks with time to kill now. 

I am really surprised at the level of “chair hoggery” . By the main pool, 3/4 of the prime chairs have towels, clips and no people on them. If that was my go-to spot, I would be quite unhappy.

mac_tlc

on Ascent, the outdoor pool was packed every day...even port days.

Loud music ..noisy asst CD staff.  Idiots moved the crowd in the pool to one end so there could be pool games!

We never used that pool once, even though it is great when not crowded.

Solarium is best 1st thing.. but with crowds there's a loud din! Packed by 7:30 not good...

Hope you find something pleasant! Retreat to the Retreat!

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Not sure  but didn't you recently get off at GC..when seas were perfectly calm?  

We were in GC on Ascent last month. Made it ashore for about an hour. 

mac_tlc

Another excellent meal in Luminae last night :

IMG_5687.jpeg

First the amuse bouse, buratta with a bit of pesto.

IMG_5688.jpeg

I had the poached lobster appetizer, Rozi made it a double and I forgot to take the picture. 🙄🙄.

I will usually take lamb whenever it is offered and it was delicious.

IMG_5689.jpeg

We skipped dessert and made our way to the 7:30 show, Stage Door.

We have seen these shows before but continue to be amazed at the theatre and the wall. Excellent production. 

IMG_5690.jpeg

IMG_5691.jpeg

IMG_5692.jpeg

In addition to the live Celebrity Beyond orchestra, this show has a simultaneous soundtrack recorded by the London Symphony Orchestra. It plays and is displayed on the screens. You can see it in the last picture. Really an interesting aspect to the show. 

We were in the first row of the balcony (lots more legroom) on deck 5. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 5

21 hours ago, Galaxy2004 said:

Eden at $45pp yes every time. Never at $85pp. We got lucky and grabbed a black friday price for our December sailing but no discounts came about for our February sailing so at $77 (which it was for that sailing) we said no. 3 times and loved it each time but not that much.

I remember Eden was $95 in April 2019 (we were on Edge).

21 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

So we now have a night free to try Blu, where we have never been —- for $0.

mac_tlc

To try Blu?  Are you in an Aqua cabin?  Only Aqua have access to Blu (this is Aqua breakfast and dinner restaurant).

We enjoyed the Edge when it came out- and really loved the Apex!  Cannot wait to try the Beyond!  However we have a couple of Royal cruises booked in the next few months- will have to wait until next year.    Our favorite restaurant was Eden- we also enjoyed the steak house- Luminae was great for breakfast and some lunches- but we prefer the speciality restaurants.

15 minutes ago, GREG781 said:

Looks like the ship went back to Grand Cayman?

Indeed. 

IMG_5707.png

Medical emergency. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

37 minutes ago, kirtihk said:

To try Blu?  Are you in an Aqua cabin?  Only Aqua have access to Blu (this is Aqua breakfast and dinner restaurant).

Retreat guests can also go to Blu, at discretion of maitre’d. 

We will be flexible on the time. 

6 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

When we were on Ascent we found the Solarium to be too warm. Felt like it wasn’t climate controlled like on S and M class ships.

We were on Apex last year and it felt as though it was a sauna experience.  I would have sworn no AC at all.  I sat down to read…tried to convince myself it wasn’t too warm…broke out in a sweat and gave up the idea.  On Reflection now and the Solarium is most definitely ACed…🥶

That is very strange if a conscious decision was made to have the Solarium on E Class be warm…

7 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Nice!  We are frequent Aqua.  We were in a Retreat cabin once, and it didn't cross my mind to go to Blu.

12 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

We were on Apex last year and it felt as though it was a sauna experience.  I would have sworn no AC at all.  I sat down to read…tried to convince myself it wasn’t too warm…broke out in a sweat and gave up the idea.  On Reflection now and the Solarium is most definitely ACed…🥶

That is very strange if a conscious decision was made to have the Solarium on E Class be warm…

Well thank you for the validation!  I assumed it was just me and my hot stage of life. We found a quiet, breezy spot on the upper deck which was much more pleasant. Will be on Reflection in July. Nice to know I can look forward to the solarium I remember. 

5 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Well thank you for the validation!  I assumed it was just me and my hot stage of life. We found a quiet, breezy spot on the upper deck which was much more pleasant. Will be on Reflection in July. Nice to know I can look forward to the solarium I remember. 

If I could find a seat, I could see how warm it is. None to be had. Spa Cafe— full, Mast Grill — full, Retreat deck bar —- full. 

Headed back to room where I knew there were a couple empty chairs..

mac_tlc

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

27 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

If I could find a seat, I could see how warm it is. None to be had. Spa Cafe— full, Mast Grill — full, Retreat deck bar —- full. 

Headed back to room where I knew there were a couple empty chairs..

And to think I caught some flack a couple days ago for daring to refer to Celebrity as Royal 2.0.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Indeed. 

IMG_5707.png

Medical emergency. 

mac_tlc

It looks like other ships are anchored, If you turned around for a medical emergency, and other ships are there, why not stay? 

I’ve read several posts from AQ Blu guests complaining about long waits for dinner in Blu due to Suite guests dining there. We’ll be in Blu 3/11 and will not be happy if Suite guests are allowed in Blu and delaying our meals. Maybe they should allow AQ guests to dine in Luminae since so many Suite guests don’t “love” Luminae!