Dining Reservations

CameronC.

Hi! I’m going on a cruise in December with my parents. We are on separate bookings. Am I able to make a dinning reservation at the Crowne Grill for all three of us if we are on different Bookings? 

Does it make a difference if I’ve paid my booking completely and they have not? 

thnx! 

15 minutes ago, CameronC. said:

Hi! I’m going on a cruise in December with my parents. We are on separate bookings. Am I able to make a dinning reservation at the Crowne Grill for all three of us if we are on different Bookings? 

Does it make a difference if I’ve paid my booking completely and they have not? 

thnx! 

Can't answer for absolute certain about *when* you can make your booking, but yes, you can book for all 3.  You need to "link" your booking with theirs...you'll need their booking number.  Somewhere in the app (or the web version) you will see something about picking travelling companions or some such language.  I don't recall exactly how that is worded.

• Thanks 1

I have an upcoming cruise, have linked our reservations with another couple and made reservations including all four of us, and neither of us have made our final payments yet. 

My husband and I are going on a 16-day cruise. We would like to “dine anytime” and have a table for 2 only. How to arrange this?  Can this be arranged before departure? Thanks 

2 minutes ago, txd said:

My husband and I are going on a 16-day cruise. We would like to “dine anytime” and have a table for 2 only. How to arrange this?  Can this be arranged before departure? Thanks 

My husband and I also prefer our own table for two in the dining room. On the Princess app prior to your cruise, you can select your dining room, dining time and table size for each night of your cruise. We usually use this to make a reservation ahead of time and designate our preference for every night of our cruise.

One thing that has worked well for us is to hopefully scope out a good table and wait team the first night of our reservation when we go to whichever dining room we have scheduled. We like a two top table that isn't crammed in a line with other two tops where you feel like you are still sitting with other people. There are plenty of tables for two that are more by themselves. If we can get a good one with a nice wait team that first night, before we leave the dining room we speak to the host and lock that table and team in for our dining time for the rest of our cruise. It really makes our dining experience so much better as we can then just walk right in the rest of the time and we have a wait team that we get to know and who gets to know us and our preferences. The dining team is usually really happy to help you get this all set up, because ultimately it makes their jobs easier as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, txd said:

All Princess dining is "any time" aka Dine My Way.

If you're not wanting to make reservations for each evening, no worries.

Walk on up to the MDR when you're ready, ask for table for 2  and you'll be seated at first available. There may be a short wait, they will give you a pager if it's more than a couple minutes.. 

There are no set dining times on Princess at this time.. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Seafan22 said:

I have an upcoming cruise, have linked our reservations with another couple and made reservations including all four of us, and neither of us have made our final payments yet. 

How did you link the reservations? I don’t see anything in the app for that?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2024 at 1:41 AM, CameronC. said:

Ignore me figured it out!

I am trying to figure this out too on the new app. I don’t see anywhere to do this. How did you do it? 

42 minutes ago, that said:

@CameronC.

Please tell

how did you do ot on the new App?

@that 

You can add them during the DMW set up.  I have reserve class dining so the steps may be a little different for you.  I went to “book dining”, then chose the little heart to view my current reservation, then chose a date and selected “add reservation”, chose a speciality restaurant then scrolled down to “guests” and clicked on that.  On the resulting page there is a little man icon with a + sign next to it in the upper right corner.  Select that then add your shipmates booking number.

I believe I’ve read if you just want to add them in the locate feature it needs to be done onboard (new app). 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

@that 

You can add them during the DMW set up.  I have reserve class dining so the steps may be a little different for you.  I went to “book dining”, then chose the little heart to view my current reservation, then chose a date and selected “add reservation”, chose a speciality restaurant then scrolled down to “guests” and clicked on that.  On the resulting page there is a little man icon with a + sign next to it in the upper right corner.  Select that then add your shipmates booking number.

I believe I’ve read if you just want to add them in the locate feature it needs to be done onboard (new app). 

Thank you!! 

Have had no problem booking meals in the MDR for out forthcoming cruise on Sky.

Booked for myself and wife + two other guests on a separate booking. Initially booked dining in Soliel dining room, but have now changed it to Cielo dining room for all meals without any problem at all.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jdacombe said:

Have had no problem booking meals in the MDR for out forthcoming cruise on Sky.

Booked for myself and wife + two other guests on a separate booking. Initially booked dining in Soliel dining room, but have now changed it to Cielo dining room for all meals without any problem at all.

There’s 8 of us so I want everything in order so when dining opens up I can hopefully get us booked. I don’t usually mind going without reservations but with 8 that wouldn’t work I’m sure!!! 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, t&atravel said:

@that 

I am confused

Hiw do you add travel companions to the new App

Not trying to add travel

companions to dining reservations

as some have Reserve some have MDR

🤔

Edited by that