Have It All With Cruise Tips

mcrcruiser

Currently EBB is shown as including crew appreciation.

Have It All Early Booking Bonus | Holland America Line

So you would need to plan at least a year ahead of time as EBB runs only either 60 or 90 days after the itinerary is launched.

HAL may run an additional promo, maybe twice a year -- I'm thinking Black Friday (Cyber Week) and some week in early summer -- where they include crew incentive on bookings outside of EBB limits.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, crystalspin said:

So you would need to plan at least a year ahead of time as EBB runs only either 60 or 90 days after the itinerary is launched.

HAL may run an additional promo, maybe twice a year -- I'm thinking Black Friday (Cyber Week) and some week in early summer -- where they include crew incentive on bookings outside of EBB limits.

I think you are confusing the Mariner Early Booking Bonus (OBC) with the EBB (Early Booking Bonus). The Mariner Early Booking one is the one that is super early (90 days within launch)

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en/ca/cruise-deals/mariner-early-booking-bonus

Early Booking runs much longer after launch, but,  if you're within 90 days of launch you can get them both 😎

Edited by rodndonna
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Crystal thank you .We will be looking out on HAL's web site for the specials that you indicated could be Black Friday & in the summer months .Those gratuities are getting pricy for longer cruises & having pre paid gratuities helps a lot . so we are up for adding the Have It all with ppd gratuities included . I would not get the Have It all with out  the pre paid gratuities . We are wine & soda drinkers not hard liquor . Candidly we would never have more that a glass or 2   of wine each day & it would be at dinner .I like a soda at lunch .so it is easily seen that we are not drinkers like others who get the Have It All for the alcohol aspect

Cliff

30 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

Crystal thank you .We will be looking out on HAL's web site for the specials that you indicated could be Black Friday & in the summer months .Those gratuities are getting pricy for longer cruises & having pre paid gratuities helps a lot . so we are up for adding the Have It all with ppd gratuities included . I would not get the Have It all with out  the pre paid gratuities . We are wine & soda drinkers not hard liquor . Candidly we would never have more that a glass or 2   of wine each day & it would be at dinner .I like a soda at lunch .so it is easily seen that we are not drinkers like others who get the Have It All for the alcohol aspect

Cliff

This past Black Friday we booked with free Crew Appreciation, but without HIA.. Not sure if that might suit you better. 

Just now, mcrcruiser said:
1 minute ago, sunviking90 said:

This past Black Friday we booked with free Crew Appreciation, but without HIA.. Not sure if that might suit you better. 

sorry about the duplicate . Yes getting pre paid grats without  HIA plan would be better  on new bookings .We already have 2 bookings & if HAL had a  prepaid gratuities  offering with or with out we would definitely add to our 18 day Hawaii cruise Jan 28 ,2025

We just tried to add the Early Booking bonus HIA to an already-booked cruise in 2025 (it shows as available on the HAL website).  Our PCC said she would have to re-fare the cruise to add it, which put the cost up to almost $100 a day, or she said she could add the regular HIA for $55 a day.   We wanted the one with the crew appreciation included, so we declined.,  Goes to show that they will find a way to get their money!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

We just tried to add the Early Booking bonus HIA to an already-booked cruise in 2025 (it shows as available on the HAL website).  Our PCC said she would have to re-fare the cruise to add it, which put the cost up to almost $100 a day, or she said she could add the regular HIA for $55 a day.   We wanted the one with the crew appreciation included, so we declined.,  Goes to show that they will find a way to get their money!

I guess you have to look at it in terms of the whole package. The early booking HIA package has the "crew appreciation", elite beverages, and enhanced wifi (whatever they are calling that now) included in the cost of that package. For some it represents good value others not as much. It would seem to me that if you think HIA is good value for you, get the regular package at $55.00 a day and prepay your "crew appreciation" it would still be less than the $100.00/day you say you were quoted.

We will be cruising with relatives who haven't cruised before, but I know they like a drink or two of an evening, so the Elite SBP was a bonus, too.  We can do without, there will be internet in the ports, we get half-price wine packages, etc., we'll just have to drink at Happy Hour - so, no, the regular HIA is not worth it for us.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

That quote seems very high to us . 

When we take any cruise I leave the   I Pad at home   .We come on a cruise not to be tied to the internet but to relax & enjoy the activities   . when I come home I cancel 99% of the posts anyway  . The only HIA package worth the money imo is when JAL includes the ppd  gratuities