LIVE 🧜‍♀️ Scarlet Lady 🧜‍♀️ 2/21 - 2/25 Fire & Sunset Soirée

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from SteelCityCruiuser10! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: . . When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

SteelCityCruiser10 was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

Alright ladies and gents let’s get another party started!  Following the awesome 3 live threads that went on last week will be a tough act to follow without a doubt.  

This is our first VV cruise but we are not new to cruising. I think this will be our 20th-ish cruise overall ( something like that)  and the last 13 or so have all been with Royal Caribbean so I will mostly be comparing to that.

This particular adventure was somewhat last minute and by that I mean booked with under a year before sail date.  In fact it was about 5 months ago we booked.  For us, that’s last minute LOL

Why last minute?  Well glad you asked …

DW gets a text from her friend and former college roommate that they were going to book a VV cruise and so were another couple.  We had cruised to Alaska on RC Explorer with them and their kids 5 yrs ago. (also was live on that one)  And had a tremendously awesome time I might add.  So we are way overdue to get on another ship together and they are able to leave the kids AT HOME this time.  😱 OMG Contacted “my usual” TA 🧐 and the rest is history.  I wish DW would get more texts like that!!  The 2 other couples that we will be with are HUGE disney fans and will have great insight vs DCL I’m sure.

We are all 40 something’s from Pennsylvania (Pittsburgh area if you could not deduce that from my handle)  We all wanted to give VV a try since we all LOVE cruising and it’s adult only.  What could go wrong ?? 🤔🍻  I’m going in with an open mind knowing that this won’t be Royal and likely will be the complete opposite of Royal on purpose which i’m mostly OK with - at least I think so. We shall see.

Other than this intro, I’ll try to be heavy on pictures and light on words but I’ll definitely answer any questions I possibly can.

I’ll recap at the end with some final thoughts and do some comparisons to Royal.  

Cheers 🍻 Mark

Edited by SteelCityCruiser10
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 7

We fly out tomorrow around 3 to FLL and will Uber to Miami on Wednesday.

For Key West we don’t have an excursion booked but there is talk of doing our own bar crawl/walking restaurants tour.

For Bimini Beach Club we have a cabana booked.  

• Like 4

I’m mostly packed and ready to roll besides a few last minute adds from laundry and toiletries.  DW is actually like 75% packed and it’s only 8:30 pm!  That’s a small miracle.  Usually she is up half the night packing while me and the dogs are sawing logs 💤   It is only 4 nights after all - better than NO nights though!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

Look forward to your perspective and all your feedback Mark @SteelCityCruiser10

We try Virgin for the first time in August on Valiant Lady - can’t wait 

Have a great cruise 💯 

Pack plenty of red attire for the Big Red Night party 🎈 

When did you book all your dining ?

Thanks 

Nancy 🎈

We booked most of our dining as soon as it was open in the app.  I think it was 30 days out (?)  We are hoping we can amend some of the dining when we get onboard because all 6 of us didn’t get all the exact same times.  Some wanted to do Gunbae but we didn’t so we are going to Razzle Dazzle instead that night - unless they try to tag along if possible.  

We did figure out that you can make/add others you are sailing with your “contacts” in the app and once they sign in you can include everyone when you book things or just add things to your “love list”  which basically just flags it on your calendar as something you would like to attend from what I can tell so far.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

I have watched videos on Gunbae and the drinking game as you eat looks like a few could get wasted by time dessert gets served 🤪

Razzle Dazzle seems to be the place to go for Brunch and Dinner 

Thanks for your feedback, I had heard dining books up pretty much by 9pm EST on day it becomes available 😳

Have a great time !

Nancy 🍹

I was able to get into Razzle Dazzle about a week ago.  It’s a later time though.  The group had Test Kitchen booked originally but collectively decided we aren’t into it.  Kinda “Wonderland - ish” it sounded like and Wonderland was a one and done for us. Other 2 couples booked Gunbae but we opted for RD instead.

• Like 1

I’m interested to see how far the bar tab goes.  I am used to having a full beverage package.  Our last sailing in Jewel OTS was my first ever soirée (might as well us that word again, right!)  into non-bevvie pkg land and it wasn’t too bad.  I had 5 free drinks per day and free drinks during suites HH plus a port every day except 1 so that helped a ton.

We status matched for this cruise.  We are D+ with Royal which matched to Deep Blue Extras with VV.  More on that to come.  

The status match was easy through the VV website.  Just some simple info and sent a screen shot of my Royal page showing D+ points and CAS number and voila… DBE appeared.  Thanks to someone in the VV boards who gave that link!!  I couldn’t find the submission link on the website for some reason.  Once approved, it’s good for all of 2024.

• Like 5

Excited to follow along! It has been great having other lives in the immediate weeks after our sailing. Helps dull the sting of not being on the ship anymore. 😆 Hope you enjoy your first VV!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, schooner_Drinker said:

I have watched videos on Gunbae and the drinking game as you eat looks like a few could get wasted by time dessert gets served 🤪

Razzle Dazzle seems to be the place to go for Brunch and Dinner 

Thanks for your feedback, I had heard dining books up pretty much by 9pm EST on day it becomes available 😳

Have a great time !

Nancy 🍹

BTW I think I’ve said this before but your screen name is phenomenal

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, scubagal44 said:

Excited to follow along! It has been great having other lives in the immediate weeks after our sailing. Helps dull the sting of not being on the ship anymore. 😆 Hope you enjoy your first VV!

Thanks for following!  know the feeling well… You, @MeganGC1983 and @Steelers0854 helped get me here!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just returned from my first Virgin Voyages  cruise.  A four nighter on Resilient Lady.  It was excellent.  Restaurant food & service was top notch.  Hope you all have a great time too.  Will be following along.  BB7D0CFD-511A-4B84-AFD3-C16273A8FDF4.thumb.jpeg.979bf3a921ee37ef2d06e4560332fe5e.jpeg

F9EDCB10-FF83-45BA-BD33-0BEFAE20E75B.thumb.jpeg.c0586a5a5fa4e2ca9d240d5680d3662b.jpeg

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 5

15 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Just returned from my first Virgin Voyages  cruise.  A four nighter on Resilient Lady.  It was excellent.  Restaurant food & service was top notch.  Hope you all have a great time too.  Will be following along.  BB7D0CFD-511A-4B84-AFD3-C16273A8FDF4.thumb.jpeg.979bf3a921ee37ef2d06e4560332fe5e.jpeg

F9EDCB10-FF83-45BA-BD33-0BEFAE20E75B.thumb.jpeg.c0586a5a5fa4e2ca9d240d5680d3662b.jpeg

Welcome!!  Very good to hear positive feedback!  Glad you enjoyed & thanks for following.  Cheers 🍻 

• Like 1