LIVE 🧜‍♀️ Scarlet Lady 🧜‍♀️ 2/21 - 2/25 Fire & Sunset Soirée

35 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Just returned from my first Virgin Voyages  cruise.  A four nighter on Resilient Lady.  It was excellent.  Restaurant food & service was top notch.  Hope you all have a great time too.  Will be following along.  BB7D0CFD-511A-4B84-AFD3-C16273A8FDF4.thumb.jpeg.979bf3a921ee37ef2d06e4560332fe5e.jpeg

F9EDCB10-FF83-45BA-BD33-0BEFAE20E75B.thumb.jpeg.c0586a5a5fa4e2ca9d240d5680d3662b.jpeg

Does VV have a Windjammer equivalent on its ships? If so, how does the food compare?

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Does VV have a Windjammer equivalent on its ships? If so, how does the food compare?

I think WJ equivalent would be the Galley but not a buffet.  More like a food court at the mall if I understand.  I’ll report back in a couple days with actual experience but anyone else feel free to chime in here.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The equivalent is called The Galley. The food IMO is much better. It’s more like a food court than a buffet. Lots of different stations with options. You raise the flag for service from multiple stations or you can wait in line at the specific station. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, clochette said:

looking forward to your report and good to see the status match, might give me the incentive to look into virgin

Current status match had to have been approved before Dec. 31, 2023. They are set to roll out another loyalty plan sometime this year. 

• Like 2

Hi! We just booked for this cruise over New Years. We are frequent cruises and will have 1 Disney, many Carnival, several Royal and an upcoming Norwegian under our belts before Virgin. Looking forward to your compare to Royal. We are from the north too but live in FL now and can easily get to many ports, bonus!!!  It is, however, chilly here as of late. But still better than the 20s-40s up north. Safe travels and enjoy the experience!!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Current status match had to have been approved before Dec. 31, 2023. They are set to roll out another loyalty plan sometime this year. 

So I cannot status match now for our Dec 30th cruise? 

Also, can I ask you how much of a bar tab would a moderate drinker accrue over a 4 day cruise? If we did the pay for $200 and get $50 deal would we spend all that? And is that a limited time offer?

10 minutes ago, laumicmah said:

So I cannot status match now for our Dec 30th cruise?

Pretty sure status match is paused right now while they roll out a new loyalty plan. I would hope it won’t take the whole year before it’s unveiled.

Wait to see what they come out with.  Maybe a similar or better match program ? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

The equivalent is called The Galley. The food IMO is much better. It’s more like a food court than a buffet. Lots of different stations with options. You raise the flag for service from multiple stations or you can wait in line at the specific station. 

One thing that isn't clear to be about the Galley and the flag option - are there menus at the tables or QR codes?  Curious how you know what the options are if you sit at the table and place your order? 

82 days until my French Daze & Ibiza Nights sailing... Can Not Wait 

34 minutes ago, laumicmah said:

Yikes, hope you get to airport and on the plane without issue. Good to be flying as 95 in the Carolinas looks much like your photo. Construction galore. And, as you probably know, through DC and NoVa is also a crap fest. Last trip, recently, we went with the Autotrain. Was great going north but tthen our southbound return got canceled last Saturday so we had to, uggghhh, drive it. Blech. 

Oh, and the pups are cute. 

Luckily I went through that maze of orange about a month ago so I knew where I was going already.  New airport won’t be done until 2025 .

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, lesters said:

One thing that isn't clear to be about the Galley and the flag option - are there menus at the tables or QR codes?  Curious how you know what the options are if you sit at the table and place your order? 

82 days until my French Daze & Ibiza Nights sailing... Can Not Wait 

Yes, there are QR codes at the tables, or, what a lot of people do, is walk around to all the stations to see what is being offered before sitting down.  There isn't a lot of change, only a couple of items here or there, so a couple of walk arounds would be enough before you pretty much know what is available everywhere.

French Daze was my first VV sailing in 2022.  You're going to love it!!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I am doing a photo review of the Resilient Lady in the Australian/NZ forum and have posted photos of The Galley, Virgin’s version of the buffet and all the food eateries available within The Galley.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, laumicmah said:

Yikes, hope you get to airport and on the plane without issue. Good to be flying as 95 in the Carolinas looks much like your photo. Construction galore. And, as you probably know, through DC and NoVa is also a crap fest. Last trip, recently, we went with the Autotrain. Was great going north but tthen our southbound return got canceled last Saturday so we had to, uggghhh, drive it. Blech. 

Oh, and the pups are cute. 

DH and I are looking to take the Autotrain back to Florida either just before New Years, or shortly after.  Did you rent  a room onboard? This would be our first time traveling by Autotrain.  We don't mind driving Northbound, since we just leave Florida whenever.  Traffic heading Southbound has been horrific the past two or three years now.