All Dining "sold out"

5 minutes ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

Why would you think it was an IT glitch? Royal is renowned for their IT expertise.

Of course I get your point and agree but this may have been intentional since it only affected Wonder (someone may have mentioned Icon too).

One of my original comments/guesses was that it could have something to do with booking UDP reservations online in advance since Royal said Wonder would be the test ship for it (although, not surprisingly, I believe they also said it would begin in January 2024 and obviously did not).

Who knows? Hopefully this helps those who may have wanted to make dining reservations if nothing else.

Just sharing info as usual. Between frugality and pickiness, we don't do much specialty dining and I've had my Mason Jar brunches booked since the Black Friday sale.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Of course I get your point and agree but this may have been intentional since it only affected Wonder (someone may have mentioned Icon too).

One of my original comments/guesses was that it could have something to do with booking UDP reservations online in advance since Royal said Wonder would be the test ship for it (although, not surprisingly, I believe they also said it would begin in January 2024 and obviously did not).

Who knows? Hopefully this helps those who may have wanted to make dining reservations if nothing else.

Just sharing info as usual. Between frugality and pickiness, we don't do much specialty dining and I've had my Mason Jar brunches booked since the Black Friday sale.

@OCSC Mike

Thanks for sharing. I am glad you took it as a light joke. That is the way I intended it to be taken.

I was not aware that they were serious about booking UDP reservations online in advance.

That would be great.

There are always those who have some difficulties with technology, they might be hurt by this as they might get "the leftovers" on reservation slots (pun intended).

What you think happened sounds plausible. Maybe they were concerned that all the prime slots would be filled creating mayhem at the service desk on boarding day as people demand a full refund since they cannot get any reservations during choice time periods.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

I am glad you took it as a light joke. That is the way I intended it to be taken.

I thought it was clearly a joke but I dunno how light it was... their IT is horrific at times, lol.

• Haha 1

The sold out banners were showing intermittently yesterday.  Although banners for sold out are not showing this morning, you still cannot book dining for my Cruise in December. It will either let you go all the way through the booking process then come back with a not available response (after put in credit card) or give you a we’re full response after choosing the time.  I do think now it is for inventory control since it is just WOS. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Island Beachdog said:

Although banners for sold out are not showing this morning, you still cannot book dining for my Cruise in December.

Ugh, sorry to hear. I obviously didn't actually try to book anything.

On 2/21/2024 at 11:52 AM, OCSC Mike said:

Not sure what this has to do with the discussion of Wonder dining suddenly appearing sold out for multiple cruises. People with Wonder cruises booked for the next 8 months didn’t coincidentally book a ton of dinners in the past 24 hours. It’s clearly something unique going on.

Yes agree.  I was just adding a comment to the discussion (in case it was useful to some) that people could also book onboard the ship if necessary.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Island Beachdog said:

The sold out banners were showing intermittently yesterday.  Although banners for sold out are not showing this morning, you still cannot book dining for my Cruise in December. It will either let you go all the way through the booking process then come back with a not available response (after put in credit card) or give you a we’re full response after choosing the time.  I do think now it is for inventory control since it is just WOS. 

Running into same thing for April Wonder

6 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

+1 for this theory.  I think you are correct.  At least they’re working on it (if this is, in fact, the reason for these glitches).

• Like 1

Icon is showing the Empire Club sold out four our Sept. sailing and it just appeared on our App, how could it be sold out that far in advance so soon...I know the seating is limited but I'm very disappointed.  I may call about it since I came on this thread.

I board The Wonder this Sunday.  I have the UDP and have been checking times just to kind of check availability.  Everything has been showed to be full and continues to show no availability today.  I am going to assume it’s some kind of glitch and that there will be availability once I board.

2 minutes ago, MLAW said:

I board The Wonder this Sunday.  I have the UDP and have been checking times just to kind of check availability.  Everything has been showed to be full and continues to show no availability today.  I am going to assume it’s some kind of glitch and that there will be availability once I board.

A. Enjoy your trip!

B. No matter what, it probably was not intentional, you are not the only one being affected.

C. Be polite, cheerful, and make notes if you are not satisfied with the conditions that you encounter.

D. Go to Guest Services later in the evening on the first night. Do not waste your time with long lines, come back later when they are shorter. By the end of the night. Guest Services will have come up with a solution or will refund your monies because you will be one of many to come to the counter.

You vacation time is very important. Do not waste it in a line.

All,

For some reason or another, Royal IT systems seem to be having a very bad day.

I was completely checked in for my cruise with a confirmation email being sent and Set Sail Passes being available on my Phone App yesterday. I take Screenshots of everything in case things "change".

This morning, the app stated that I "can start the check-in process" when I have confirmation emails that I completed it over eight days ago.

One hour later, my original information appears stating that my "Check-In" is complete except for my health questions which can only be answered no earlier than one day before cruising.

If I were not very experienced with many previous check-ins, I would doubt myself.

Royal IT really seems to be having a bad moment from many posts that I have been reading.

Please, take screenshots of all of your successful transactions so you have proof in case things go amiss with your dining reservations of any type.

2 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

I'm booked on Wonder this December - UDP and all specialty restaurants are available. Waiting for a good sale - not holding my breath,

@livingonthebeach,

This is kinda scary. I know you are an experienced cruiser.

We have some people saying no access and you have access.

I see that you are in standby mode.

Some people have stated everything is ok in standby mode until they try to purchase and check-out.

Very interesting.

3 minutes ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

@livingonthebeach,

This is kinda scary. I know you are an experienced cruiser.

We have some people saying no access and you have access.

I see that you are in standby mode.

Some people have stated everything is ok in standby mode until they try to purchase and check-out.

Very interesting.

Well if that's the case then yes, it's kind of scary - not going to pull the trigger until prices go down.

2 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Well if that's the case then yes, it's kind of scary - not going to pull the trigger until prices go down.

I now know you are a stockholder. You are in quite a conundrum. As a cruiser you want the prices to go down and as a stockholder you want the prices to go up.

You win either way!

What an awful dilemma to find yourself in. Do I get a cheaper cruise or more stock dividends? It is a no lose situation.

Have a good night.

😁.

11 minutes ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

I now know you are a stockholder. You are in quite a conundrum. As a cruiser you want the prices to go down and as a stockholder you want the prices to go up.

You win either way!

What an awful dilemma to find yourself in. Do I get a cheaper cruise or more stock dividends? It is a no lose situation.

Have a good night.

😁.

No dividends for now and stock price is not guaranteed to keep going up nor are UDP or specialty prices decreasing -- could be a no win situation -- time will tell.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Now Izumi Hibachi is not listed for sale on any of my Wonder bookings. The sushi side is available for booking 

There's just all types of varying strange dining issues on Wonder that seem to come and go. I don't check constantly since I'm not actually looking to book anything but when I do I notice stuff like that. Giovanni's lunch (only dinner) was not listed for my March cruise for months. I did see it yesterday though. No idea what the deal is.

That's one I would have actually considered booking at 40% off during Black Friday but no biggie. We may try it for dinner with our first BOGO after this next cruise. Pasta, pizza, etc. with how I eat would be a very heavy lunch anyway.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Giovanni's lunch (only dinner) was not listed for my March cruise for months. I did see it yesterday though. No idea what the deal is.

That's one I would have actually considered booking at 40% off during Black Friday but no biggie.

I was tempted on that lunch special but my wife and I like to completely "wing-it" on vacation and not tie ourselves to any dining commitment.

If we are comfortable in our location in the late morning or early afternoon, it is a shame to move (aka WALL-E, 2008, Pixar) when we are not hungry.

A  7:45pm set MDR  would agree with our normal cruise schedules if we are going to commit to MDR and in many instances, we save time over other venues (even Windjammer can cost time in lines and finding a table during peak hours).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

I was tempted on that lunch special but my wife and I like to completely "wing-it" on vacation and not tie ourselves to any dining commitment.

Totally get that. We rarely do specialty anything and we've only done specialty lunch once ever b/c we wanted to try Mason Jar brunch on Wonder (I didn't even book it, my SIL did for our family cruise, but glad she did). We loved it so much that it's now a must-have for us once per Wonder cruise but otherwise we never have set lunch plans. I snack off and on all day anyway.

• Like 2

We loved our Giovanni's lunch on Odyssey, it was so nice to just go right and sit and eat after boarding, no lines and great food.  We'll do it again, in fact have booked lunch in Izumi Hibachi table on Icon.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, molly361 said:

Now Izumi Hibachi is not listed for sale on any of my Wonder bookings. The sushi side is available for booking 

Izumi Hibachi is always the first seats to sell out. On the Symphony now and sat in the suite lounge on boarding day near the Concierge, no seats at any time for Hibachi by 2 PM. No seats for Wonderland by 2:45....

1 minute ago, Bead Pirate said:

Izumi Hibachi is always the first seats to sell out. On the Symphony now and sat in the suite lounge on boarding day near the Concierge, no seats at any time for Hibachi by 2 PM. No seats for Wonderland by 2:45....

Wow!