Deluxe Drink Package at 35% off

7 hours ago, CruisingHogFan said:

Many sailings are having the best sale in a really long time at 35% off including Icon at $70.99 

That's still seems really high. I checked the next two cruises we have booked, and on one the deluxe package is $57.99 and the other is $65.99, far removed from the $42 we paid on Symphony just a few years ago.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TheInnocentAge said:

That's still seems really high. I checked the next two cruises we have booked, and on one the deluxe package is $57.99 and the other is $65.99, far removed from the $42 we paid on Symphony just a few years ago.

My Symphony is still $73/day + tax/tip.  My spouse has said he doesn't want it for more than $60/day b/c he doesn't want to get fat on the cruise - gotta love the reasoning, but I am saving a ton of money.

This is its lowest price...so there's that.  But it's still ridiculous.  Guess we have a lot of drink voucher folks that need to be covered by the alcohol department on my week...

7 hours ago, CruisingFromLA said:

Utopia of Seas 11/15/24 Sailing

$79.99 Deluxe Beverage Pkg

$27.99 Refreshment Pkg

$8.99 Soda Pkg

Ehhh. Not really a deal.

We're on this cruise too 🙂  - it's been a while since we sailed with Royal, my brother and sister-in-law do it all the time (FL residents) and we're going with them - but they swear if we wait till the date is closer we'll get a better deal than this - have you seen that? 

7 minutes ago, The4OfUs said:

We're on this cruise too 🙂  - it's been a while since we sailed with Royal, my brother and sister-in-law do it all the time (FL residents) and we're going with them - but they swear if we wait till the date is closer we'll get a better deal than this - have you seen that? 

On an Allure weekend sailing out of Port Canaveral in January, the cheapest it got was $76.99.  Generally weekend cruises don't have issues selling the package particularly with Cococay as a stop, since it allows to maximize the package and its not a significant investment like a 7 night cruise.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CruisingHogFan said:

Many sailings are having the best sale in a really long time at 35% off including Icon at $70.99 

Ignore % off ... always look at the bottom line price.  And don't forget to add the mandatory 18% gratuity before you decide whether to buy.  

9 minutes ago, The4OfUs said:

but they swear if we wait till the date is closer we'll get a better deal than this - have you seen that? 

No, it tends to go up closer to the cruise, and it will absolutely be more expensive once you're onboard.  I wonder if your family members have been fooled by the Buy One Get One Frees or the Percentage Offs?  Real math, that's the answer.  

• Like 1

Just now, SUgwoz said:

On an Allure weekend sailing out of Port Canaveral in January, the cheapest it got was $76.99.  Generally weekend cruises don't have issues selling the package particularly with Cococay as a stop, since it allows to maximize the package and its not a significant investment like a 7 night cruise.

And it's easier to justify Big Bucks X 3 days rather than Big Bucks X 7 days.  

• Like 1

I noticed the $71 price on my cruise this morning as well.  I have been checking daily, but need to wait until at least March to pay for it (start of new loyalty point year for AA), so hoping it is that price again. 

58 minutes ago, odis said:

So what happens if you purchase it now, and the price goes down later?  Too bad?

If you purchase now and later the price drops, you can cancel the original purchase and purchase at the new price.  The original purchase will be refunded to the original purchase method and usually is refunded within a week.

1 minute ago, CorbinCatFan said:

If you purchase now and later the price drops, you can cancel the original purchase and purchase at the new price.  The original purchase will be refunded to the original purchase method and usually is refunded within a week.

Ok, great. Thanks for the information. This is my first RCI cruise with the dynamic pricing.  

1 hour ago, The4OfUs said:

The best prices I have seen are during Black Friday sales. Since RC had a Black Friday month sale (or at least this is what they did in 2023), hoping the prices decrease right before our cruise on the 15th. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, CruisingFromLA said:

The best prices I have seen are during Black Friday sales. Since RC had a Black Friday month sale (or at least this is what they did in 2023), hoping the prices decrease right before our cruise on the 15th. 

Last black Friday drinks were not on sale. Excursions were 30% off, which I bought. All but one Lynn was 40% off, so I bought lunches. Wifi for 3 or 4 people one purchase for 3 or 4 people was on sale ..for bigger families I guess. Not on sale for 1 pax. 

Drinks werent cheaper. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, CruisingFromLA said:

Black Friday sales haven’t been great the last 3 years for the Deluxe package. Usually find the best price at a random time 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, odis said:

Ok, great. Thanks for the information. This is my first RCI cruise with the dynamic pricing.  

However, if you buy now, you will set the base level for dynamic pricing...aka, the more folks who buy, the less likely the price will ever drop...so only buy if it's a price you will definitely live with.

Like, the drink package is the cheapest for my cruise (even more than Black Friday - albeit just $2 cheaper/day) - still too high, so I still won't buy...but we'll see if it comes down more as folks hold out.

If everyone holds out, that's when prices drop with dynamic pricing.

• Like 1

On our May 26th Harmony cruise I'm seeing $76.99 for Alcoholic Package.

We have three days @Sea and three at ports. I have a feeling I won't see this one get much 

lower due to half the cruise will be onboard. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Now how about the $27.99 for Refreshment Package?

Is that considered about as low as one might see ? It did go down $2.00 per day.

18 minutes ago, Colorado Buffalo said:

On our May 26th Harmony cruise I'm seeing $76.99 for Alcoholic Package.

We have three days @Sea and three at ports. I have a feeling I won't see this one get much 

lower due to half the cruise will be onboard. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Now how about the $27.99 for Refreshment Package?

Is that considered about as low as one might see ? It did go down $2.00 per day.

I am on this cruise in April and am seeing $72.99

• Like 1

Just repriced ours for $71US/per day for our 8 day Symphony March cruise... and with just 2 port days, (plus Labadee which we can use our package on), all those sea days mean we will definitely make use of it! 🙂   

They will bump the individual drink price a couple dollars to go along with their strategy of narrowing the gap in pricing compared to land based vacations. The drink package pricing would seem more attractive but knowing Royal they will bump the price of that also.