Princess New App Problems.

One would tend to think that a company as Large as the Carnival Corp would be able to either themselves develop or hire a developer to construct a WORKING APP. I updated to the new app and it worked fine for our last cruise, however having recently booked a new cruise I am having problems.

It clearly shows my current debit card but will not accept it to finalise that point. It also won't download the Cruise Contract so I can lie and say I've taken the trouble to read it for the 10th time. I mean really FFS what is going on?😡

7 hours ago, Russell21 said:

It also won't download the Cruise Contract so I can lie and say I've taken the trouble to read it for the 10th time. I mean really FFS what is going on?😡

I had to accept the cruise contract on the web version. It would never let me accept via the app, even after I pretended to read the contract!

To accept contract on app.....scroll through to "read" contract, then go back to the top and there's something there to progress to next. Sorry, as I've already accepted it, I can't replicate the exact actions  good luck.

The App won't accept my password. The website - I have to click Login, receive error messages multiple times, then on the fifth or so click, it logs me in. Password etc hasn't changed through all the clicks. 

11 hours ago, mum and son said:

I had to accept the cruise contract on the web version. It would never let me accept via the app, even after I pretended to read the contract!

I did the same thing and it worked, when I went back to the app I was able to give my wife permission to bill my debit card. Both are now Blue lane except that I have to renew our passports later in the year, fingers crossed.

Recently back from first cruise with Princess App - Majestic Princess 10-23rd Feb. With new app, had to log in with booking number (login wouldn't work) but app worked fine for us pre & during cruise. We only had standard fare so no use of app for 'extras' like ordering drinks for delivery to table etc, but boarding pass worked fine, the folio function was fine, checking the schedule for shows & activities and bookmarking events was all good & the 'find your travel partner function' was unexpectedly accurate. 

Shortly after disembarking the cruise details were gone & the new one (booked onboard) had replaced it - 600 days to embarkation was a surprise 🙂 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mr walker said:

Recently back from first cruise with Princess App - Majestic Princess 10-23rd Feb. With new app, had to log in with booking number (login wouldn't work) but app worked fine for us pre & during cruise. We only had standard fare so no use of app for 'extras' like ordering drinks for delivery to table etc, but boarding pass worked fine, the folio function was fine, checking the schedule for shows & activities and bookmarking events was all good & the 'find your travel partner function' was unexpectedly accurate. 

Shortly after disembarking the cruise details were gone & the new one (booked onboard) had replaced it - 600 days to embarkation was a surprise 🙂 

Just to note, the Ocean Now ordering does work with standard fares as well, but you pay a $30 one-off activation fee.

Now we have just completed a cruise, I have switched to the new app. No issues at all.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

Just to note, the Ocean Now ordering does work with standard fares as well, but you pay a $30 one-off activation fee.

Now we have just completed a cruise, I have switched to the new app. No issues at all.

We paid $24 on Majestic last week on standard fare. I only activated one. Also on the new app and even though husbands DOB is still incorrect all other information is there and correct.

33 minutes ago, resordanis said:

We paid $24 on Majestic last week on standard fare. I only activated one. Also on the new app and even though husbands DOB is still incorrect all other information is there and correct.

Yes of course, $22.99. I was getting mixed-up with another fee.

7 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Yes of course, $22.99. I was getting mixed-up with another fee.

My mistake also, I thought it was $23.99! I wasn’t going to activate but we did use it for ordering coffees etc  in Hollywood Conservatory. We didn’t have the package and purchased wine and I was actually glad, as with mini bar set up, we had ample alcohol. I might add prices have gone up dramatically since our last cruise on Princess in October 2022 for very poor quality wines. In the end we found better value with purchasing a bottle.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, arxcards said:

Yes, I knew there was something about an activation fee, but didn't worry about it. We mostly have a drink at a table by the pool or in a bar lounge somewhere. There is always someone coming around taking orders & bringing the drinks to us, so no need to use the app. After a little time, we get to know the staff and they look after us.

Also, we noted a number of times that the waiter was wandering around the area calling out "Mary" or "John" trying to find the person who ordered the drinks 🙂 

1 hour ago, mr walker said:

Yes, I knew there was something about an activation fee, but didn't worry about it. We mostly have a drink at a table by the pool or in a bar lounge somewhere. There is always someone coming around taking orders & bringing the drinks to us, so no need to use the app. After a little time, we get to know the staff and they look after us.

Also, we noted a number of times that the waiter was wandering around the area calling out "Mary" or "John" trying to find the person who ordered the drinks 🙂 

We had premier last week, so it was included. We ordered via the app only once, for a couple of coffees and a bowl of hot chips to our cabin. Except for the occasion, I wouldn't have bothered. We like to find the best bar, and preferably be seated at the bar. We are certainly looked after well enough.

On a longer cruise though, on a nice run of lazy sea days, sitting on a balcony with delivered cocktails and snacks would make it worthwhile.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, arxcards said:

On a longer cruise though, on a nice run of lazy sea days, sitting on a balcony with delivered cocktails and snacks would make it worthwhile.

Well, we have now booked 37N Grand Princess Fiji/Hawaii/Tahiti/Samoa/NI for Oct/Nov 2025 - plenty of seadays on that - delivered drinks & snacks on our balcony sounds attractive. 😁

• Like 4

Perhaps the IT people ‘fixed’ the app or it comes good after completing first cruise using new app??

Since we returned Majestic 23 Feb, I see now that the app remembers my info, keeps me signed in & allows easily toggling between each of our 2 booked cruises.

For our next cruise Royal 30Nov all I need to do to complete check-in is accept passage contract - all the other data is pre-filled.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2024 at 11:09 PM, mum and son said:

Hi.  Where do you accept the cruise contract on the web version?  All I can do is update my personal details & cruising history…

the new app is crap 

6 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Hi.  Where do you accept the cruise contract on the web version?  All I can do is update my personal details & cruising history…

the new app is crap 

If you still have the old app installed, you can accept it there and it translates to the new app

8 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

the new app is crap 

Go into your account and Manage my Booking. Then scroll down and find the link that I’ve pointed the red arrow at… IMG_9551.thumb.jpeg.7dba95614ef4a983bfe14d15ab8f116d.jpeg

• Thanks 1

BTW, ding-dong the old app is dead.

Good news. I just opened the new app again and all of our voyages now show in my profile. 

I no longer need to fill out a "shoreside" credit card to get a tick for check-in.

So awesome, we are fully checked in for our next cruise on 10th Feb 2025.

For our following cruise I am unable to do the passage contract bit yet, so there are still some outstanding issues.

8 hours ago, arxcards said:

BTW, ding-dong the old app is dead.

Good news. I just opened the new app again and all of our voyages now show in my profile. 

I no longer need to fill out a "shoreside" credit card to get a tick for check-in.

So awesome, we are fully checked in for our next cruise on 10th Feb 2025.

For our following cruise I am unable to do the passage contract bit yet, so there are still some outstanding issues.

Woohoo, I'll have to check mine - I wouldn't authorise that shoreside credit card info on principle so had the orange incomplete info question mark 😖

On 3/11/2024 at 9:49 PM, arxcards said:

Lol and back to Blue I go 🤣

New app, first time cruiser again

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Does it show blue when you go to the profile page?

Yep, I have a little white medallion with a blue logo. Looks so cute 😀

Website isn't the same though, just the app

Edited by Womble99
  • Haha 1