Hideaway beach... Never again..

16 hours ago, Tlbecker1 said:

It is definitely heated and agree maybe too much.

Thank goodness that won't be a problem in September...we'll be roasting even in the pool or ocean.  Last March I couldn't even stick my toe in the Lagoon pool, we spent a whole hour and walked back to ship.

7 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Ours has never budged from the lower price of  $62.99 for September Icon and I check it every day

Have you checked it today?  I just got an email about a leap day sale. Yes, I know their sales are often not sales.  But, my Hideaway went down to $22.99 +tax. I cancelled and repurchased. 

Also, In Nassau I saw several excursions listed with a Diamond and above sale.  I had never seen that before. I mentioned this on the FB group and a non-diamond guest said she could not see that sale price.  It was 30%. 

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

1 minute ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

Have you checked it today?

Just did when I read your first post...still $62.99, but I think it'll be worth it.  We paid $58.99 2 years ago for the Beach Club day pass and I felt it was well spent.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ah33919 said:

Icon originally $69, today it's  $39.

My 3/9 Icon is down to $31

The drink package is still insane though. $1350 with tip for two people.

Edited by Hutcha

29 minutes ago, edrussell said:

Snagged it at 43.99 on our Wonder sailing a few weeks ago.  Given that the pools and ocean were cold, the heated pool alone was worth the scratch.  

Agreed. We have it also booked next month on wonder. We got there around 9 and was able to get 2nd row by the pool with two ships in Port, us on oasis and freedom 

With all these comments I just started to consider this for our March cruise. Please tell me more. Are there better/different free food choices than the buffets? Is the lagoon area good for snorkeling? Pictures look like it is more sheltered by rocks. Will the ocean be too cold in March? Is it an area you can come and go to other beach areas easily if you have friends with kids?

2 hours ago, 2wheelin said:

With all these comments I just started to consider this for our March cruise. Please tell me more. Are there better/different free food choices than the buffets? Is the lagoon area good for snorkeling? Pictures look like it is more sheltered by rocks. Will the ocean be too cold in March? Is it an area you can come and go to other beach areas easily if you have friends with kids?

I doubt you'll see much snorkeling, it's like carved out and they have a buoy so you can't go out too far. Snack shack has a few additional offerings like coconut shrimp and ceviche. Heated infinite pool is wonderful. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 2wheelin said:

Was there twice last week . I'll share my thoughts .

Most of the positive comments so far I would agree with . There are some Cons I would add however .

Windy side of the island: . On the first stop , the wind which was by no means extreme was blowing hard enough that the infinity edge could not be enjoyed at all . anywhere within 10 feet of the edge had water constantly whipping up into your face .

Food: . Though some have stated a few new options ( coco shrimp , A very good chicken sandwich,  pizza ) , the lack of a buffet for those that may want some chicken , ribs , self made salad etc. certainly limited options.

DJ: also of note was the DJ that was always available (and a big draw) at the Oasis pool has been removed forcing anyone who wants that to book a $$ venue to enjoy it . This to me makes hideaway not just an upsell as it should be , but at the same time taking away what once was a free service feels like another typical money grab .

It was a 50/50 for us based on our 2 days . 2nd day was beautiful . First day due to the breeze , made it much less enjoyable. Took a walk to south beach that day , and you wouldn't have known it was breezy at all .