Sun Princess Signature Benefits and Experiences

1 hour ago, chamima said:

I can't find any photos - just the diagram but I can see from that, that there's a big problem.

So , they didn't think through the initial layout and how it would work and now they're compounding the problem.

The only way to an aft (beautiful looking) pool is through the suite dining room! 😨

We had 39 days booked in a suite but that's been cancelled and now we'll try a short 7 day before finally judging whether this ship works for us. If others follow our lead Princess better get their act together.

Photos are on Post #68

Click on "this thread"

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, dides said:

It's all part of bigger set of changes which have been discussed elsewhere where the walk-in restaurant will move to the Deck 9 aft areas where Butchers Block and Catch are located. Summarised here: 

image.png.b3da976adb381a3b6fd6f82136027513.png

Shaking Head With No Words GIF | GIFDB.com

• Like 2

In the midst of all the upcoming October changes and outrageous pricing, we're going ahead and booking a Vista Suite for Istanbul to Rome on July 19, 2025... doing a happy dance 🙂 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, cricketts said:

In the midst of all the upcoming October changes and outrageous pricing, we're going ahead and booking a Vista Suite for Istanbul to Rome on July 19, 2025... doing a happy dance 🙂 

Awesome!  You'll have fun, it's a great itinerary 🙂

I'm in a Vista suite on that sailing as well!  We are doing the 21 days and getting married on the second segment after Rome. Very excited!

• Like 3

My wife has the suite preference which I cater too. For Princess we book the penthouse on royal-class ships and at this point I will not pay a more than 100% premium for a chance to be on the Sun or upcoming Star. I guess I will wait until these ships have some mileage on them. We are also not foodies so fancy cuisine (assuming they have it) is not a benefit.

Good luck on anyone cruising this ship in the near term.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dides said:

It's all part of bigger set of changes which have been discussed elsewhere where the walk-in restaurant will move to the Deck 9 aft areas where Butchers Block and Catch are located. Summarised here: 

Since there is no longer a Suite only dining room any idea if Suite Breakast (Breakfast at Sabitini's) will be offered? 

7 hours ago, Citizenxnz said:

Awesome!  You'll have fun, it's a great itinerary 🙂

I'm in a Vista suite on that sailing as well!  We are doing the 21 days and getting married on the second segment after Rome. Very excited!

Hi @Citizenxnz Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials!!

I see you're from Auckland - we're going to be there in February 🙂  We're doing Celebrity Edge from Sydney to Auckland... excited to see your fabulous country!!

Any advice? We'll be spending 3 nights in Auckland after our cruise. You can reach me at cricketts108@hotmail.com Thanks - Deedee

On 4/19/2024 at 3:05 PM, Poohbear5701 said:

Beg3yrs, where is the aft smoking area on the Sun Princess.  Is it very big?

On 4/19/2024 at 6:35 PM, beg3yrs said:

I can't say firsthand as I am not sailing on the Sun Princess until June 1.

That said, I've read a report on CC the smoking area is located on the Wake View Terrace.

On 6/21/2024 at 11:01 AM, dides said:

So another problem with moving the Sanctuary dining room to deck 8.

I'm reading several trip reports about the smell of smoke emanating from  the smoking area on the Wake View Terrace .

What a lovely ambience for a "sanctuary" dining room! 🤬

• Like 1

We've been on 11 Princess cruises across 7 different ships, and we've just booked the Sun for next June.  All that said, it's making me a little goofy that Princess keeps changing terminologies!!

So, when is it sanctuary or signature?

There's no premium beverage package, it's premier...

There are no penthouse suites, they're vista... wasn't there a vista before also??

There's a reserve dining room, but it's the signature cabins that are assigned there?!

Yet, sanctuary collection rooms are assigned to the signature dining room!!

Horizon was the name of the buffet, but now it's the main dining room?!

If they're trying to confuse me, they have succeeded!! 😜😜

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, cricketts said:

We've been on 11 Princess cruises across 7 different ships, and we've just booked the Sun for next June.  All that said, it's making me a little goofy that Princess keeps changing terminologies!!

So, when is it sanctuary or signature?

There's no premium beverage package, it's premier...

There are no penthouse suites, they're vista... wasn't there a vista before also??

There's a reserve dining room, but it's the signature cabins that are assigned there?!

Yet, sanctuary collection rooms are assigned to the signature dining room!!

Horizon was the name of the buffet, but now it's the main dining room?!

If they're trying to confuse me, they have succeeded!! 😜😜

You should be clear by next June when you sail on the Sun.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dog said:

You should be clear by next June when you sail on the Sun.

I'm not sure I'd count on that.

And, to clarify, I don't think corporate Princess are thinking through long term consequences. It seems like they're just throwing things out there to see what works and then changing instead.

Edited by chamima
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, chamima said:

And, to clarify, I don't think corporate Princess are thinking through long term consequences. It seems like they're just throwing things out there to see what works and then changing instead.

Can always cancel.  I had 4 bookings. I cancelled 2.  I am going to be happy with the good fare I got months ago. Would not be paying todays prices for the S9 category now.

Edited by dog
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, chamima said:

I agree. Its clear that it wasn't just the ship that wasn't ready at Sun's launch but the cruise product as well. Changes in categories, classifications, dinner locations and on and on.  Its like they didn't have time to finalize , test and implement and they are just doing it as they go along.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dog said:

Can always cancel.  I had 4 bookings. I cancelled 2.  I am going to be happy with the good fare I got months ago. Would not be paying todays prices for the S9 category now.

Agreed.  I know its been 2 years but I paid just under $4000 for a PH suite on the Sky in Jan 2023. The Sun PH (now called Vista) is $12000. The added Sanctuary and Premier package do not cost $8000.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, FLAlaska said:

Agreed.  I know its been 2 years but I paid just under $4000 for a PH suite on the Sky in Jan 2023. The Sun PH (now called Vista) is $12000. The added Sanctuary and Premier package do not cost $8000.

After being on an old HAL TA last year, I will be quite happy to try a new Princess ship!

Princess just hasn’t had their act together over all this mess with Sun & cancelled Star TA on us. 
same as you, I would never pay the money that a S9 is priced for now- with more to share space in Sanctuary & dining room.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, FLAlaska said:

That was why I mentioned above I was sticking with Royal Class. I have 4 trips in queue, (PHs between this fall and early 2026), and they all less than 50% of the equivalent rate on the sphere class. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dog said:

We love Princess and I was so excited for this new ship. I think that is why I'm so disappointed.

And, yes, you can cancel . We did. We had 39 nights (B2B2B2B) booked on her for this fall (her first transatlantic so I'd have plenty of time to explore the new ship) and that is now canceled.

We still have a short New Years cruise booked with our grandchildren, who also have loved Princess in the past. I just hope we won't all be disappointed for even that short cruise.

But unless I see a big turnaround we also will be back on the tried and true Royal or even Gem class.

• Like 2

So disappointed by all these changes, particularly after October. The full suite experience is being severely diluted. The rumoured move of the Signature restaurant to a Reserve section of the main dining room may well be the final straw for us. Suite breakfast on the Royal class ships in Sabatini’s was exceptional and our primary reason for booking a Suite on Princess. I doubt that a Reserve section of the main dining will be able to provide anything like our previous experiences, particularly if the food is coming from the main kitchen. It’s a shame, as the itinerary for our sailings next summer is really nice. 

Edited by Suite Susie
Hit send before I’d finished

I was always cautious that Princess would screw up the “ship within a ship” concept and was pleasantly surprised when I sailed in April. Then they changed it all and I probably won’t sail in a suite on the sphere class. Back to Celebrity for that experience. The suite experience on the other Princess ships is laughable. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dog said:

Is this just a rumor?

signature & Reserve dining rooms are being moved with changes coming Oct 14/24?

please provide link if it is true.

deck plans do not show a change in location.

Not official yet but has been communicated to some passengers by crew.. Enough for cruisedeckplans to include this:

• Like 2