Giving a “live” review a go. Celebrity Edge. Sydney to Tasmania. March 7-13

Drink prices have certainly gone up from last time I sailed with Celebrity, I like a few martini, any chance you could get a price list from martini bar thank you . I am sailing on Edge latter in the year.

6 minutes ago, qbay46 said:

Wow those prices have gone up, can you still get them on the premium drinks package, thanks for that.

All drinks up to $20 covered on the Premium drinks package 

• Thanks 1

Thank you, that is great, I enjoy French martini’s.S o will be having a few when I am on board. Enjoy your cruise and thanks ☺️ 

• Like 1

On 3/8/2024 at 12:48 PM, Chiliburn said:

I heard at the bar a couple times,someone order a cocktail or a fancy glass of wine.

The bar tender said your drink package doesn’t cover that it will be an extra $6 or $8 

The Tender area or gangway is really fancy. The side of the ship opens up to like a shop front with glass windows. Like the perfume area at Myer .I started to take a picture inside but security jumped on me.

IMG_0483.jpeg

I sort of got an inside picture when I went to the art auction as they are held in that area.

It was quite cloudy until about 1pm and then the sun came out. It was very warm but windy. Fortunately we found a nice spot to hang out on the Retreat pool deck. And yes we did make the most of it. 

IMG_1990.jpeg

IMG_1991.jpeg

IMG_1995.jpeg

IMG_1996.jpeg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, austromyrtus said:

wonder if you have had a sea day yet? if so, wondering who the  guest lecturers are? (part of "beyond the podium presentations"). 

Kia Ora today was a bit of a sea day. Only got to Hobart at 5pm. But hadn’t noticed any guest lecturers. Monday and Tuesday are definitely sea days so will look out then

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the review!  We will be on a a couple of weeks.  Could you tell us what the Butler status is in the Sky Suites on Edge? Are they back yet?  Or, are the room stewards AKA “retreat hosts” still doing double duty?  Thanks 😊 

Edited by 81Zoomie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 81Zoomie said:

Thanks for the review!  We will be on a a couple of weeks.  Could you tell us what the Butler status is in the Sky Suites on Edge? Are they back yet?  Or, are the room stewards AKA “retreat hosts” still doing double duty?  Thanks 😊 

The “retreat hosts” are still doing double duty. But the rooms are being cleaned twice daily 

23 hours ago, Okahukura said:

A photo of the Retreat pool area. And of the confusing toilet lock. You press a button to open and close the door. But that does lock it. You have to choose this option as well. And if you don’t you may get a bit of exposure you weren’t anticipating. 

IMG_1972.jpeg

IMG_1973.jpeg

The person in the pool swinging chair with their feet in the water had their shoes on… 🤢

(I am definitely reminded to never put my head under) 

• Like 1

I am following along as well! Thank you for posting. We are doing the TP on Edge this coming April. We have been on Beyond & Ascent so I know they are quite similar, but still differant. 

Can you let us know about the evening shows in the Theatre? And how are the musicians that perform around the ship at the Sunset Bar and main lounge area by the Martini Bar? 

Very excited to hear about Edge! Happy sailing! 

11 minutes ago, debfed65 said:

I am following along as well! Thank you for posting. We are doing the TP on Edge this coming April. We have been on Beyond & Ascent so I know they are quite similar, but still differant. 

Can you let us know about the evening shows in the Theatre? And how are the musicians that perform around the ship at the Sunset Bar and main lounge area by the Martini Bar? 

Very excited to hear about Edge! Happy sailing! 

Well to be honest we haven’t done any of the Theatre shows and I doubt that we will. I can say the band that performs in the Martini Bar is very good 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another chilled day on the Edge. We spent a lot of time in the Retreat area. We had breakfast at Blu but I was a bit underwhelmed. We were all seated very close together and the food was just ok. 
As it was pretty much a sea day we had room service for lunch and I have to say my burger was spectacular. It got very hot and windy as the day went on. But the weather is meant to be wet and quite cool for our day in Hobart today. 
A funny thing happened my husband took me to the Eden Bar at around 5pm for a drink. When we discovered it was home for a singles mix and mingle. I accused him of wanting to trade me in 😝 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, TrixieBel said:

The person in the pool swinging chair with their feet in the water had their shoes on… 🤢

(I am definitely reminded to never put my head under) 

Well, they are aqua shoes…

those swinging  chairs look great

@Okahukura is the retreat an extra daily charge or is it an area only available to certain cabins?  Thanks

• Like 1

I bought a couple of drinks last night out side of happy hours.

A coke was $US 6 and a bourbon and coke was $US18 ,that’s about $24 Australian.

Royal Caribbean for a bourbon and coke is $US11.

IMG_0508.thumb.jpeg.f890139d070b6c07a3008a2fb49c26a5.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Well, they are aqua shoes…

those swinging  chairs look great

@Okahukura is the retreat an extra daily charge or is it an area only available to certain cabins?  Thanks

You need to pay extra for a Retreat cabin. That includes the Premium drink’s package and a wifi package. We feel we have received great value because we got a good price and a $800 OB credit 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Wow I got off the Edge on Thursday after 11 nights and a coke was $US5. Now it's $US6!

4 minutes ago, Cruisegroover said:

Wow I got off the Edge on Thursday after 11 nights and a coke was $US5. Now it's $US6!

That's a 20% increase in a few days. Wow!

3 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Good to see there is no gratuity on top of the high drink price. By the way $US18 is $AUD27 - that is scary high. Wonder what's a Corona/Heineken in $US?

On 3/9/2024 at 7:55 AM, Okahukura said:

A photo of the Retreat pool area. And of the confusing toilet lock. You press a button to open and close the door. But that does lock it. You have to choose this option as well. And if you don’t you may get a bit of exposure you weren’t anticipating. 

IMG_1972.jpeg

IMG_1973.jpeg

Yes, that really confused me too

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, austromyrtus said:

not keen on the coffee on us ships, so wonder how much is a double espresso now please?

we are elite on celebrity now so get free drinks between 5-7pm so that's a help. 

I think it’s about $5-$6 but I will check. The coffee is not great. You definitely need a double shot

1 minute ago, Okahukura said:

I think it’s about $5-$6 but I will check. The coffee is not great. You definitely need a double shot

The coffee is awful.  The best I managed was to go to the pod machine in the Retreat lounge, choose doppio, do it twice, then add your own milk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1