Wrong points amount from cruise (solo travel)

I noticed last Tuesday the points from my last cruise were incorrect (should have had double). I called Wednesday morning and they confirmed it should be doubled and would 'email to have it fixed' but it's been a week.

For others that have had this happen how long does it take to fix? I'd like it fixed because it's 144 points missing which is quite a bit and would put me into elite but I don't want to waste my time on a call if I haven't given it long enough

I'd give them a couple more weeks to correct it if you don't have any cruises coming up in the next month or so.  I'm a solo sailor and I had to call about getting my additional points and it took about 2 -3 weeks.

31 minutes ago, dreamer321 said:

I'd give them a couple more weeks to correct it if you don't have any cruises coming up in the next month or so.  I'm a solo sailor and I had to call about getting my additional points and it took about 2 -3 weeks.

thanks, yeah my next one is July so I can wait a few weeks. I just didn't want to follow up if straight away if I didn't have to, I work in a department where my team gets a lot of 'I know the turnaround time is 2 days but can you do this in an hour' so I don't want to be THAT person.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Lena11033 said:

I noticed last Tuesday the points from my last cruise were incorrect (should have had double). I called Wednesday morning and they confirmed it should be doubled and would 'email to have it fixed' but it's been a week.

For others that have had this happen how long does it take to fix? I'd like it fixed because it's 144 points missing which is quite a bit and would put me into elite but I don't want to waste my time on a call if I haven't given it long enough

Thats happened to me as well give it another week and then call captains club. I was missing double points from 3 cruises and they were quick to add them

• Thanks 1

I followed your live blog.  Wasn't your husband supposed to go but then became a no show?  I seem to recall issues at home with your dog.  If he was a no show, they won't give you the extra solo points.  This happened to me last year as my friend ended up in the hospital a few days before sailing.  I never got the extra solo points as she was a no show.

8 minutes ago, ecslady said:

I followed your live blog.  Wasn't your husband supposed to go but then became a no show?  I seem to recall issues at home with your dog.  If he was a no show, they won't give you the extra solo points.  This happened to me last year as my friend ended up in the hospital a few days before sailing.  I never got the extra solo points as she was a no show.

No, he doesn't travel he always stays home so his name was never on the reservation just mine. Charla's husband couldn't make her trip because they had no one to house sit.

And I've received no-show double points.  Guess it depends on who answers.  Lately I've had to call almost every time to correct from single to double points.  Usually corrected within a day or two.  Most recently, took two calls.

14 hours ago, Lena11033 said:

No, he doesn't travel he always stays home so his name was never on the reservation just mine. Charla's husband couldn't make her trip because they had no one to house sit.

Ah...too many live threads to follow. LOL.  Then you definitely should get the points.

1 hour ago, ecslady said:

Ah...too many live threads to follow. LOL.  Then you definitely should get the points.

lol that's fair and I think we were like a couple days apart from her returning and me leaving, also we both have a lot of animals. Well me less now, in the last 6 months lost 1 bird, 1 bunny and 1 dog. But yeah Jeremy had to stay behind to house sit because of animals and my husband had to deal with Bella being put down so it's easy to mix up.

Good news it got updated this afternoon - first picture was on the 28th Feb and the other today. As I told the rep on the phone if it was 1 or 2 points I probably wouldn't care but this is a big jump in points.

IMG_2258.jpg

IMG_2294.jpg

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

Good news it got updated this afternoon - first picture was on the 28th Feb and the other today. As I told the rep on the phone if it was 1 or 2 points I probably wouldn't care but this is a big jump in points.

IMG_2258.jpg

IMG_2294.jpg

Hooray and congrats!!!

I understand. I'll be watching and ready to contact them after my July cruise on the Beyond. I'm currently 87 points from Elite. I've got 1 coming from the last Power Up opportunity. And unless those opportunities go away, I should have more of those coming. It's an 8-night cruise and I'm in Aqua, so 40 points. I'm solo, so double points. Up to 80 for the cruise. I'm doing Go Green, so add 5. 85 for the cruise.

So yeah...even if there's only one more 1 Power Up opportunity I'll be Elite after this cruise!

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Hooray and congrats!!!

I understand. I'll be watching and ready to contact them after my July cruise on the Beyond. I'm currently 87 points from Elite. I've got 1 coming from the last Power Up opportunity. And unless those opportunities go away, I should have more of those coming. It's an 8-night cruise and I'm in Aqua, so 40 points. I'm solo, so double points. Up to 80 for the cruise. I'm doing Go Green, so add 5. 85 for the cruise.

So yeah...even if there's only one more 1 Power Up opportunity I'll be Elite after this cruise!

I'm sure based on that you'll get it.

I know it isn't much compared to years ago but we got to take every perk we can get these days.

• Like 1

Happy to report that my solo points were updated yesterday as well. I had four cruises with missing points. All have been corrected but it took almost two weeks for it to happen. I will now be watching my points very closely after returning from a cruise.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Do you get the double solo points if your booking is for 2 people but for any reason about 40 days from your cruise you have to cancel one passenger? A friend and I are looking at a cruise for next year but she can’t commit that far in advance. We could book the cruise now, but if she can’t come, it will be just me. We don’t intend to make it a no show. We would cancel just one passenger in case she cannot come.