Door Decoration banned on Regal Princess

Btimmer

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Btimmer said:

...a supervisor explained and read the policy which only permits company approved items in public areas. 

Reading this line makes me wonder if "company approved" decorations will be offered for sale in the gift shops.

Edited by mtnesterz
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

Here’s one being sold now.  Magnetic door decor.  Notice the ship and the date!  Lol

They can always put it inside, unless that is going to change next?  🥴

image.thumb.jpeg.d8fee9d42f17926c0e9931bd4a1d7083.jpeg

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Nevermind!!!! You can still buy the door decor via Princess website.  Yahoo!

Go to cruise personalizer and check out celebration packages. 📦 

image.thumb.jpeg.a5d7db41cbcef628c5232abaf58665a9.jpeg

Edited by PacnGoNow
Changed the picture.

32 minutes ago, mtnesterz said:

Reading this line makes me wonder if "company approved" decorations will be offered for sale in the gift shops.

Bingo!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

Here’s one being sold now.  Magnetic door decor.  Notice the ship and the date!  Lol

They can always put it inside, unless that is going to change next?  🥴

image.thumb.jpeg.d8fee9d42f17926c0e9931bd4a1d7083.jpeg

I was specifically told that the inside of the door is fine except for covering the peep hole.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Btimmer said:

I was specifically told that the inside of the door is fine except for covering the peep hole.

Sorry OP… I had to have a little fun with this ridiculous change.

JMO

They need to update their website.  No update before implementation.  Shocker!

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Btimmer said:

After following up, a supervisor explained and read the policy which only permits company approved items in public areas

Maybe someone should advise that supervisor that the area where the staterooms are is not considered "Public Areas".

• Like 3

12 hours ago, memoak said:

I wonder  if they have gotten tired of arguing about content   Like upside down pineapples,

Learned something new today...    😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There were door decorations that were cute, comical and just in good taste!  BUT, some were just offensive!  Some people just ruin it for everyone! 

• Like 8

Just now, PacnGoNow said:

Sorry OP… I had to have a little fun with this ridiculous change.

JMO

It was funny when the supervisor explained that we could decorate the inside of our cabin.

We're trying to like Princess but they throw up many obstacles like disingenuous front desk help, no public front facing interior space, self serve buffets, this ban, slow drink service, a broken and incomplete app, inadequate tendering capability, and a few more.  On the flip side, the food is good, the entertainment has been excellent, and the general ship vibe is good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, cruisingpeople said:

Maybe someone should advise that supervisor that the area where the staterooms are is not considered "Public Areas".

They have specifically told me that the corridors are public spaces.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, SamFaniam said:

Learned something new today...    😆

Maybe now that you add that upside down pineapple on your door you will get more traffic to your cabin 🤣

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Btimmer said:

On the flip side, the food is good, the entertainment has been excellent, and the general ship vibe is good.

Although I agree that your negative experiences aren't a great look but the positives you list are the most important ones to make a vacation great overall imho 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Btimmer said:

So the "fire hazard" isn't an issue if you want to burn yourself up in a fire by placing it on the inside of the door but not okay on the outside?  🙄

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, MrBreeze said:

Will the Cruising Ducks be banned next? Are they a "Safety Issue" as well? Just ridiculous.  

Only if you hang them on your door.

1 hour ago, Jadn13 said:

I have a cute one packed for Saturday for St Patricks Day on Sky, I’ll move it inside if told to do so. 

Let us know how it works out for you.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, cnice515 said:

Maybe now that you add that upside down pineapple on your door you will get more traffic to your cabin 🤣

It will give me practice for when I move to the Villages with my loofahs!

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, SamFaniam said:

It will give me practice for when I move to the Villages with my loofahs!

Hahaha, let me know how it works out and I might follow suit 😜!

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Btimmer said:

It was funny when the supervisor explained that we could decorate the inside of our cabin.

In your post, #7, you explained it was a safety issue. If that is the standard, then for whatever reason, logically, displaying inside the cabin would be a safety issue as well. I think most of us here are old enough to know that when a politician or other authority says something is for our own good or safety, it's dubious.

I am not doubting that you were told of this policy, but I think we would all be interested in reading if you can post a printed copy. We have a small sign with nothing untoward. Won't bother packing for our upcoming if this is the case.

Edited by mtnesterz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Btimmer said:

Well, then, that blows the "safety" concern completely out of the water. Oh, maybe fire can't spread as fast with the decorations on the inside of the door.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Nevermind!!!! You can still buy the door decor via Princess website.  Yahoo!

Go to cruise personalizer and check out celebration packages. 📦 

image.thumb.jpeg.a5d7db41cbcef628c5232abaf58665a9.jpeg

This appears to be decorations inside the cabin and the door sign is probably the one that shows you profile picture when you enter

Posted (edited)

We were on the Regal in January and saw many doors completely covered top to bottom with decorations. I'm talking life-sized Elvis with records, streamers, etc. Also others covered with birthday and anniversary decorations. Some extended out from the door to include the area around the cabin number and passenger names. I almost took a couple pictures but didn't, thinking that might be an invasion of privacy. 

Anyway I'm guessing it's these types of displays that are driving the new policy, not a simple sign or magnet. The Dollar Store sells so much of this stuff cheap that some people may be going overboard, so to speak 🙂

Edited by Paula_MacFan
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1