Medallion shipping question.

On 3/14/2024 at 8:53 AM, Yehootu said:

I've had to replace a battery on a 14 day B2B, but didn't have to on a 28 day or a 26 day B2B. What's the longest you've had one last?

32 day cruise with a few days to get to the ship and never had to replace it.

Posted (edited)

My medallion still vascillates between "in proces" with the current date and "ordered" with ordered date of October 7, 2022. Others on the roll call have been notified that theirs shipped & verified that with USPS. Is mine stuck because it was free shipping? (Standard cruiser) Has anyone else experienced this?

Edited by Ombud

6 hours ago, Ombud said:

My medallion still vascillates between "in proces" with the current date and "ordered" with ordered date of October 7, 2022. Others on the roll call have been notified that theirs shipped & verified that with USPS. Is mine stuck because it was free shipping? (Standard cruiser) Has anyone else experienced this?

From my email that sad it was shipped, till delivery was 3 days. Ours  left Carson, to Los Angeles sorting facility to delivery on a Saturday night in Long Beach.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2024 at 11:06 AM, beach_fever_4ever said:

When we tried to order our medallions it showed a $10 shipping fee, even though we have the plus package. We called (800-774-6237) to ask why. The agent first told us it was for the premium package only (wrong answer), then he said it was for Canadians only (wrong answer). I kept telling him the free shipping was listed on the gifts and services summary page. All of a sudden he said we had the free shipping and ordered the medallions for us. He then commenced to try to get us to upgrade to the premier package, NO thank you. Then he wanted to make our dining reservations for us, No thank you we already booked our dining times. We got lucky, only 30 minutes on the phone.

Thanks to this thread, I just called Princess.  We have the Plus Package and the same thing happened to me when I called.  The rep cancelled my original medallion order that was going to charge $10 shipping and re-processed with a new medallion confirmation # and no shipping charge.  I am supposed to get an email with the new confirmation #,  but I just checked the app and I see it there.  (She also tried to get us to upgrade to Premier, book dining, spa and shore excursions. - no thank you.)  Hopefully this will take care of it and I won't have to worry about it at Guest Services. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The email confirmation from ordering the medallions states that the taxes and fees are estimates and will be finalized at time of shipment.  Time will tell if I'm charged, if so, GS it is.

Edited by Cruizin_PA
  • Like 1

On 3/10/2024 at 6:37 PM, Astro Flyer said:

They generally arrive about 10-12 days in advance & believe they still send an email with shipping info to track the package.

After people on my roll call received shipping/tracking emails but none for me after a few days called Princess for a status 3 weeks before sailing.

The first rep tried for 45 minutes to get a status & then transferred me to their “OceanReady” section. Within 15 minutes confirmed it would arrive about 11 days in advance (some of the time was a sales pitch to buy packages, etc). Next day received shipping/tracking email that it was in Carson, CA (4PX EXPRESS USA) & 3 days later to USPS in Carson. Then it took 48 hours to go the short distance to my house.

So for this Medallion order they were delivered 14 days before our cruise 

For future orders would tell the first rep that no status was on my reservation & to request immediately being transferred to “OceanReady” to greatly reduce the time on the phone seeking a status.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem with the new app - A couple of months ago both my wifes and my status was shown as 'Green Lane".  I just went on the new app and it has been changed to 'Blue Lane' with the medallion order showing as incomplete.  Even though we have Princess Plus, it wants to charge us $10.00 ea. for shipping.  I'm not going to place the order because the same thing happened on our Ruby Princess cruise last May and my Visa was charged $20.00 then.  I went to Guest Services at that time and they didn't give me a credit, saying I would have to have my TA contact Princess (this was the older version of Princess Plus, but even at that time it included shipping).  Our upcoming cruise is in 15 days, and I had expected that our medallions should be showing up any day, but now that I see we're Blue Lane and there probably isn't any way to have them shipped before we leave, I guess our best bet is to wait in line with the rest of the herd checking in on embarkation day.  Princess really needs to get their act together as this seems to be a problem a number of others are having as well. Very disappointed...

• Like 1