Medallion shipping question.

OK, all of a sudden the app needs me to place an order for the medallions again which is no problem, however it wants to charge me $10.00 for shipping.

I have the Plus package which clearly shows medallion shipping as included. 

Do I just complete the order or leave it alone and see what happens? I did not have this issue on previous cruises.

44 minutes ago, martinitime1 said:

OK, all of a sudden the app needs me to place an order for the medallions again which is no problem, however it wants to charge me $10.00 for shipping.

Do I just complete the order or leave it alone and see what happens? I did not have this issue on previous cruises.

I hope someone answers your question. Never been on Princess. If you don't have the Plus package do you have to pay for the medallion to be shipped?

17 minutes ago, debnjoe1438 said:

I hope someone answers your question. Never been on Princess. If you don't have the Plus package do you have to pay for the medallion to be shipped?

Yes. If you don’t have a package there is a shipping charge of $10. Well worth it in my opinion to get it in advance and save time at embarkation, but you don’t have to get it shipped. You can pick it up at the port. 

thanks for this question. We have "plus" package, and we sail in 17 days. We have not received our medallions yet. I can't remember seeing anything about a cost to ship them. 

When should we expect the medallions? If they don't arrive before we leave, I am sure we can get them at the port, but I like having them in hand before. 

thanks Kaye

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, curlybelle2 said:

. When should we expect the medallions? If they don't arrive before we leave, I am sure we can get them at the port, but I like having them in hand before. 

thanks Kaye

They generally arrive about 10-12 days in advance & believe they still send an email with shipping info to track the package.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

They generally arrive about 10-12 days in advance & believe they still send an email with shipping info to track the package.

Great. thanks for your reply.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

If you don't get free shipping and have opted to have them shipped anyway you will get a notice maybe 2-3 weeks before you sail that your card has been charged. Whether you have free shipping or are paying for shipping you should get a notice when the Medallions actually ship. There should be tracking info in the notice.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, palolake said:

We were just charged $20 this morning for our medallions.  I thought it was $10, not $10 for each of us.  Is that correct?

Yes, $10 per person. 

When we tried to order our medallions it showed a $10 shipping fee, even though we have the plus package. We called (800-774-6237) to ask why. The agent first told us it was for the premium package only (wrong answer), then he said it was for Canadians only (wrong answer). I kept telling him the free shipping was listed on the gifts and services summary page. All of a sudden he said we had the free shipping and ordered the medallions for us. He then commenced to try to get us to upgrade to the premier package, NO thank you. Then he wanted to make our dining reservations for us, No thank you we already booked our dining times. We got lucky, only 30 minutes on the phone.

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, Thrak said:

If you don't get free shipping and have opted to have them shipped anyway you will get a notice maybe 2-3 weeks before you sail that your card has been charged. Whether you have free shipping or are paying for shipping you should get a notice when the Medallions actually ship. There should be tracking info in the notice.

Good evening.  I am slightly off tropic, but I know you do a lot B2B cruises.  I only need to get the medallion for the first cruise, correct? I keep getting emails from Princess concerning order a medallion for the second cruise.

Thank you.

7 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Good evening.  I am slightly off tropic, but I know you do a lot B2B cruises.  I only need to get the medallion for the first cruise, correct? I keep getting emails from Princess concerning order a medallion for the second cruise.

Thank you.

If you are booked on contiguous cruises on a single ship your Medallion is good for all segments. Unless, of course, the battery dies in which case you just go to Customer Services and they replace it for you.

If there is a break between the cruises - either to board another ship or to spend a night in port between cruises - then you need a new Medallion for that cruise.

My hubby had the same thing happen as the initial poster.  He was green lane for months and then all of sudden he went blue lane and the app showed that he still needed to order his medallion.  I stayed green lane and both of our medallions were ordered at the same time. The app wanted us to pay $10.00 shipping for his medallion as well and didn't go to $0 when I tried to process.  I called and spoke to an "Ocean Ready" rep.  She said that she would order for us and he would need to pay the $10.00 shipping fee. I told her that was not acceptable since we had Princess Plus.  I was put on hold, I am assuming while she talked to a supervisor.  After about 5 minutes she came back on and said she could order and shipping was free.  It is arriving this Friday as is mine in a separate package.  Our cruise is March 24th.  I was able to get through to the rep quickly and she was pleasant, but should have understand the issue was that we shouldn't be charged as part of our package.  

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

If you are booked on contiguous cruises on a single ship your Medallion is good for all segments. Unless, of course, the battery dies in which case you just go to Customer Services and they replace it for you.

If there is a break between the cruises - either to board another ship or to spend a night in port between cruises - then you need a new Medallion for that cruise.

Thank you.

Posted (edited)
On 3/10/2024 at 10:31 PM, Thrak said:

Whether you have free shipping or are paying for shipping you should get a notice when the Medallions actually ship. There should be tracking info in the notice.

Got our email 17 days before sailing.

On 3/10/2024 at 6:37 PM, Astro Flyer said:

This is going to be great from what I've read on another thread. We had our Medallions shipped to our place in Long Beach and it says they shipped from Carson. It's about a 10 minute drive to Carson for us. Can't wait to see what route it takes.

Edited by Yehootu

On 3/11/2024 at 5:31 PM, Thrak said:

I've had to replace a battery on a 14 day B2B, but didn't have to on a 28 day or a 26 day B2B. What's the longest you've had one last?

Received our medallions yesterday (13 March) for our 27 March cruise. No cost. I didn't receive the Email shipping notification until after I received the medallions.  

• Haha 1

On 3/10/2024 at 3:29 PM, martinitime1 said:

It seems to always show the $10 on the app but I have never been charged on my credit card

On 3/11/2024 at 10:51 AM, karatemom2 said:

Yes, $10 per person. 

Even though I have plus, the app shows the $10.00 shipping fee but that is the total for 3 medallions and lanyards and not 10.00 per guest. 

I have not ordered through the app (cruise is 5/30 so I have time) and will probably break-down and call customer care because I don't want to chance a long waiting time to pick it up and/or long time dealing with guest services.

Just now, cnice515 said:

Even though I have plus, the app shows the $10.00 shipping fee but that is the total for 3 medallions and lanyards and not 10.00 per guest. 

I have not ordered through the app (cruise is 5/30 so I have time) and will probably break-down and call customer care because I don't want to chance a long waiting time to pick it up and/or long time dealing with guest services.

We have plus and ours showed $0.00 on the app and the Email shipping notification. Cruise is 27 March. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, doghog said:

We have plus and ours showed $0.00 on the app and the Email shipping notification. Cruise is 27 March. 

You are lucky.  Mine shows $10.00 so if I choose to checkout, I may or may not be charged and if I am then I have the option to deal with GS and spend my vacay time for a $10 OBC

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Yehootu said:

I've had to replace a battery on a 14 day B2B, but didn't have to on a 28 day or a 26 day B2B. What's the longest you've had one last?

I "think" it was about 38 days. Can't remember exactly when we replaced them. Might have been a bit longer. My wife would likely have a better guess but she's out of town today. I'll shoot her a text and see if she answers.

Edit: Text from son. They have just left the VA Palo Alto so my wife will be driving at the moment and won't be replying to my text.

Edited by Thrak

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, cnice515 said:

You are lucky.  Mine shows $10.00 so if I choose to checkout, I may or may not be charged and if I am then I have the option to deal with GS and spend my vacay time for a $10 OBC

I don't know about lucky. Possibly you won't even be charged the $10.00. Since your cruise isn't until May, call and speak with someone from the Ocean Ready desk to see what they can do now. I'd rather have the $10.00 in my pocket. Good deal for Princess if no one challenges the fee and charged.

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1