Not Done Right!

Oakman58

I’m a “any job worth doing is worth doing right” type of guy.  Who at Princess decided to have mini golf on the Discovery Princess and then merely put down green carpet and a few holes and called it mini golf?  Individual holes aren’t really defined and there are no obstacles to putt around.  It is the most pathetic mini golf course I’ve ever seen.  They should have just used that area for a golf driving range using biodegradable golf balls, or nude sunbathing, or skeet shooting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

It's really just a putting green.  Some of the ships actually have a mini golf course, albeit not like you would find at an actual mini golf place.  Also, since you are a "do it right type of guy", it would be helpful if you put mini golf in the title of your post.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

It’s just a little area for kids or golfers to have a bit of fun.  Not meant to be the real deal or to actually have a competitive game.  Yeah, they could have put something else there that you’d prefer but then someone would ask why no putting green.  Of all the things onboard the ship you could entertain yourself with, honestly this one is a real nothing burger.  Sorry.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

My point actually was, when they were building the ship, it would have taken just a little more effort to put together actual defined holes with a few obstacles. The Discovery could still be easily converted into a real mini golf course. Something families could enjoy.  It's not just kids that like playing mini golf.

IMG_2679_1.thumb.jpg.18072cf44590eaa00146094dc9501aa4.jpg

IMG_20240207_112844904_1.thumb.jpg.56df9fcf644a600094daa0ec9ef4034e.jpg

• Like 6

I would also prefer the mini-golf over the putting green.  I remember the Grand having an actual course.  Can't recall which other ships have it.  My wife isn't really interested in a putting green, but will play me a game of mini golf when it is available.

Posted (edited)

Any time I hear almost anything about golf, I am reminded of Robin Williams' account of how golf was invented.  Absolutely *terrible* language...but it is hilarious.  (WARNING: if you are offended by crude language and swearing... DO NOT click on this link!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14NQIq4SrmY

Edited by Rick&Jeannie
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Any time I hear almost anything about golf, I am reminded of Robin Williams' account of how golf was invented.  Absolutely *terrible* language...but it is hilarious.  (WARNING: if you are offended by crude language and swearing... DO NOT click on this link!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14NQIq4SrmY

Nah.... Golf is much older than Robin Williams thought...

============================================

“If you have ever seen a dragon in a pinch, you will realize that this was only poetical exaggeration applied to any hobbit, even to Old Took's great-grand-uncle Bullroarer, who was so huge (for a hobbit) that he could ride a horse. He charged the ranks of the goblins of Mount Gram in the Battle of the Green Fields, and knocked their king Golfimbul's head clean off with a wooden club. It sailed a hundred yards through the air and went down a rabbit-hole, and in this way the battle was won and the game of Golf invented at the same moment.”
J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

• Like 2
  • Haha 2