TxTeach79's Norwegian Sun Spring Break Shorty LIVE - 3/13/24

39 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

I would expect nothing less!! Already have the AirTag in my carry on, even though it's a carry on. 

That’s smart! You never know if the airline makes you check your bag at the gate. Are you getting off ship at GSC? Looking forward to your reports👍😁

• Like 1

Checking the port schedule.... embark should be a pretty chill day at Port Miami. It's just Sun and... oh, hey! Pearl! I'll get a sneak peek at June's ride! Should be a pretty relaxed easy day with only two ships in - and smaller ones at that.

First stop, Great Stirrup Cay (which I haven't seen in 24 years, looking very forward to getting back), and we're alone there. This is a great time to be on a small ship. 

Day three is Nassau, always a parking lot of ship p*rn. Looks like we have Sun, Disney Dream, MSC Seashore, and HAL Eurodam. 

Day four, Freeport - and we're solo yet again.... not even Margaritaville Paradise creeping around...

Then, returning on a Sunday to Miami, whoa mama....  luckily i'm in zero hurry to debark with a day room and late flight ahead....  Oasis and Explorer OTS, NCL Sun and Encore, and Carnival Magic and Celebration. I've seen worse, but it'll be a packed house!

• Like 8

1 minute ago, ninjacat123 said:

That’s smart! You never know if the airline makes you check your bag at the gate. Are you getting off ship at GSC? Looking forward to your reports👍😁

Can't wait for it - I'm a private island junkie, Half Moon Cay is one of my favorite spots. My memories of GSC are mostly from the 90's, so I can't wait to see what it's become.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Funsince1983 said:

So I guess aughts is the new egregious? I mean twice on one page.. 

I'd never say it three times. That would just be egregious. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 13

2 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Can't wait for it - I'm a private island junkie, Half Moon Cay is one of my favorite spots. My memories of GSC are mostly from the 90's, so I can't wait to see what it's become.

I’d like to try NCL, from what I hear they have some pretty good deals. Let’s go!!👍😸

• Like 1

Come on man! It's a Monday so I popped out of work early. And, because of that I'm on page two. But, better than normal.

Thankfully I did wander over to Cruise Critic to make it before this thing goes 78.36 pages. 

I'm looking forward all your galloping adventures across the Bahamas!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Don't leave without me! I need one of your comedy of errors cruise report right about now.

It has been over 7 months since my last cruise and I'm wallowing in self pity. This should perk me right up🤸

• Haha 3

Naturally, I upgraded to the unlimited wifi. That’s really the only “upgrade” I went with. 

IMG_6409.thumb.jpeg.547cad75800c647d4570d5ac9d17f26b.jpeg

I did a lowball $200 bid for a balcony, but I never really expected getting that one through. 

• Like 8

Posted (edited)

Obviously I’ll be on my own at GSC, Freeport is likely my “have the ship to myself and float in the pool” day unless I get antsy and walk off somewhere. 

In Nassau, I’m just taking this little harbor cruise excursion. Wanted something short so I could still walk around a little. It’s $69, so it was only $19 after my ShoreX credit. (They charged me $17 so 🤷🏻‍♂️)

IMG_6415.thumb.png.c76e8f985972bc587e0e9fecc71e32a1.png

IMG_6416.thumb.jpeg.4079542353c2d32a514bdc585b93f49a.jpeg

Edited by TxTeach79
CAUTION: fat fingers at work
  • Like 10

Welcome back! DH and I sailed on The Sun 10 years ago, and it is an all time favorite of ours. I know times have changed, but she is a nice little ship. The crew back then was our absolute favorite, and there were some fun venues for such a small ship. Happy sails ❤️

• Like 2

As for my dining credit, making the not incredibly common call to go with Los Lobos on Nassau night. 

IMG_6417.thumb.webp.bdf86a52fc3cfccf569cf1c109dc0638.webp

I know it’s not the normal move here, but my thinking is that this is gonna be a very casual, chill, solo cruise, probably with a lot of buffet bites and room service mixed in. Pants will be kept to a minimum. But the MAIN reason is that Los Lobos is pretty much the one food option on Sun that WON’T be available on Pearl this summer….. so let’s give it a try now! (Accepting any and all recommendations)

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, #55worktoplay said:

I will be following. Have a great time and win some big$. 

definitely gonna try! Practice run last night with the fellas up north of the Red River 

IMG_6396.thumb.jpeg.e9263f9137595c8da6dbe54230649aac.jpeg

IMG_6386.thumb.jpeg.2303abcab32c4a9fc494917a344bdbbc.jpeg

IMG_6389.thumb.jpeg.84257feeb81f84843367c147a0404b9c.jpeg

IMG_6382.thumb.jpeg.973e13a8bbc84f92e2d41769d510e487.jpeg

IMG_6393.thumb.jpeg.27e94e6c1e90663a13e58a1c243d1477.jpeg

IMG_6395.thumb.jpeg.901589bcd341c693fc3cf1428d10a8a8.jpeg

• Like 10

2 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

In Nassau, I’m just taking this little harbor cruise excursion. Wanted something short so I could still walk around a little. It’s $69, so it was only $19 after my ShoreX credit. (They charged me $17 so 🤷🏻‍♂️)

IMG_6415.thumb.png.c76e8f985972bc587e0e9fecc71e32a1.png

IMG_6416.thumb.jpeg.4079542353c2d32a514bdc585b93f49a.jpeg

I can’t remember (old age😁) have you been to John Watlings Distillery in Nassau? Cardio walk up the hill, BEST pina coladas ever!!

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I can’t remember (old age😁) have you been to John Watlings Distillery in Nassau? Cardio walk up the hill, BEST pina coladas ever!!

yes!!! It’s great! Haven’t been since pre-COVID, but if time permits it’s always a possibility!

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

yes!!! It’s great! Haven’t been since pre-COVID, but if time permits it’s always a possibility!

There is a food truck there and more outside tables.

IMG_5748.jpeg

Edited by ninjacat123
Pic 😁
  • Like 3

Oh, and if you followed my last Live on Celebration NYE, you heard about my tooth saga. Well, through a few procedures and a lot of cash, I’ve been getting it taken care of and I’ll have new teeth any day now… unfortunately, looks like it won’t be happening before this trip. So I may not be as chatty as normal so as not to give out NHL enforcer vibes…

IMG_6419.jpeg.df933bcd3b64561d36f18f2349b1f043.jpeg

(oh, and I’ll bring a mask just in case. I’ve been teaching in a mask since coming back in January. You try missing your two front teeth in front of middle schoolers. Not an option.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 21

Just got this email at 11:30pm less than 48 hours from Sailaway…

This email is to confirm that we have received your offer(s) to be upgraded on your upcoming cruise. While your offer has not been selected yet, you may still be selected for an upgrade by our onboard team.

Upgrades may be awarded at any time up until 0 hours prior to the sailing departure. Should your offer be selected for an onboard upgrade, your credit card will be automatically charged, and your stateroom will be reassigned. Please check your email up to 0 hours prior to the sailing departure to see if we were able to upgrade you.

If you no longer wish to be considered for an onboard upgrade, you may cancel your offer(s) through the link provided below up until 5 hours prior to the sailing departure, provided that your Offer has not already been accepted by Norwegian Cruise Line, and provided that your credit card has not been charged.

• Like 6

Hopping on board as I count down my long wait to Encore in August. My last NCL cruise was on the Pearl in March 2020 when the Captain came on as we left Cozumel to tell us all ships have been instructed to return to their home port.

Here's to a great short cruise!!

• Like 1