TxTeach79's Norwegian Sun Spring Break Shorty LIVE - 3/13/24

23 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

it tasted good, it’s airport food, and I’m out in under $20, so 🤷🏻‍♂️

I would have ordered the same thing only I would have asked for my potatoes to

be extra crispy. At restaurants in the RGV I always substitute charro beans for the refried but that probably wasn’t an option for you. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mommapadraig said:

I would have ordered the same thing only I would have asked for my potatoes to

be extra crispy. At restaurants in the RGV I always substitute charro beans for the refried but that probably wasn’t an option for you. 

No, they were super limited til 10:30. People next to me tried to order guac, but no dice til 10:30. 🥑 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

I’m looking forward to it! What did you order?

There were three of us.

We skipped the tableside guac and got the skillet queso with pumpkin seeds instead (definitely a different taste). Our friend also got the house salad that she said was awesome.

For entrees, we did the chicken tacos, mole enchiladas and grilled fish. Sides were the red rice, refried beans, sweet plantains and the elote (which they cut off the cob). So...much...food. So much.

For dessert, we split the churros, which weren't our favorite, but at that point, it didn't matter.

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 7

1 minute ago, brookie848 said:

There were three of us.

We skipped the tableside guac and got the skillet queso with pumpkin seeds instead (definitely a different taste). Our friend also got the house salad that she said was awesome.

For entrees, we did the chicken tacos, mole enchiladas and grilled fish. Sides were the red rice, refried beans, sweet plantains and the elote (which they cut off the cob). So...much...food. So much.

For dessert, we split the churros, which weren't our favorite, but at that point, it didn't matter.

Enjoy your cruise!

sounds good, thank you! 

5 minutes ago, Travelicious said:

I'm not the one you asked, but I ordered the chili relleno.  It was quite good.

Los Lobos.jpg

yum, looks great. That’s definitely a contender, love a good chile relleno! I’ll have to assess my mood that night 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hogladyrider said:

@TxTeach79...fingers and toes crossed your SW flights go smoothly as they have been experiencing many delays this spring break season!

been there, done that, got the tshirt. And hat. And hoodie. And pants. I feel like my odds are good today, I’m just due for something to go perfectly smoothly with them… that’s how that works, right? 😂

• Like 6
  • Haha 11

45 empty seats. I shuffled toward the back to lock in that sweet empty middle. There’s a SW employee riding along and he took the aisle on my row, turned to me, and said “let’s get big and keep this middle open”…. My man 

IMG_6443.thumb.jpeg.6618bfe10c93298e339053b369aca592.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Haha 15

10 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

I get that it’s not the best time to laud the MAX8, but this is a nice upgrade for Southwest 

IMG_6444.thumb.jpeg.9dd43b1150c51e6bcdf23aaab7afaacf.jpeg

You couldn’t pay me to get on any Boeing Max plane 

• Haha 1

FlightAware is showing the same aircraft even though my SW app says plane change, so we’ll see. Either way, we’re gonna be just fine, right on schedule. 

IMG_6451.thumb.png.d1a95124a9a6015c0f6c1c7e54e7cfba.png

IMG_6452.thumb.png.b9dbf8ea5edf14c036974a290cba76a0.png

• Like 9

Walked a couple exits down and found a Peet’s, grabbed a Havana Cappuccino (it has cinnamon and condensed milk) so this can be my little Miami bound on brand boost

IMG_6457.thumb.jpeg.7ffd4e129e363e24e2666a7835d8bede.jpeg

• Like 11