CoCo Cay Beach Club

I just booked this for an upcoming trip ($125 p/p) because that is about the lowest I've seen for this. Ive read the description on RCCL website....can someone please tell me what a typical day and what's included for Beach Club. I also have Hideaway booked ($30) for a different cruise and I don't see much difference other than the food offered. Thanks

I've done both and personally prefer the Beach Club (but my wallet prefers Hideaway).  I would jump on $125 with the way prices have been lately.

Beach Club is a quiet relaxing day at the beach (or pool) in a smaller, exclusive area.  The lunch is a sit down meal with really elevated food options.  I did the "surf and turf" which was really good and would love to try some of the other options if I go back (the grilled grouper or lobster sandwich perhaps).

Hideaway is a huge area and is a non-stop party at the pool.  Yes, you can find quieter areas further down the beach but there is no escaping the music from the DJ, the sound carries.  I thought it was fun but at my age, after 5 hours of non-stop beats I had to leave (yes even at 9am there were beats but they were a little more "chill").  There are different food options at Hideaway but it's typical grab-and-go stuff.  I didn't find the pizza to be that amazing but thought the shrimp basket was pretty good.

It really depends on what you are looking for.  I attached a Beach Club lunch menu from August 2023.

image.thumb.jpeg.3d27c897bb9b15f66b45eb53327b9fff.jpeg

2 minutes ago, miked0035 said:

Is the Beach Club lunch Unlimited?

There's probably a limit but I didn't hit it.  By default, they seem to bring ALL of the appetizers out for everybody.  I ordered both the lobster and the filet and they gave me three lobsters and asked if I wanted more.  That plus dessert (the rum soaked cake was legitimately "rum soaked") was more than enough for me.

Not sure what they would say if you tried to order all the entrees but, ordering two was no problem and in fact, was their suggestion.

My experience is from August 2023.  Maybe somebody else can provide some more recent updates.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RogerDodger247 said:

My experience is from August 2023.  Maybe somebody else can provide some more recent updates.

Our experience was similar six weeks ago. They brought us extra lobsters along with our surf & turf and asked twice if we wanted more. I personally wouldn't hesitate at $125. We love the more laid back and upscale atmosphere, and we find that the food rivals any specialty restaurant.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, RogerDodger247 said:

I've done both and personally prefer the Beach Club (but my wallet prefers Hideaway).  I would jump on $125 with the way prices have been lately.

Beach Club is a quiet relaxing day at the beach (or pool) in a smaller, exclusive area.  The lunch is a sit down meal with really elevated food options.  I did the "surf and turf" which was really good and would love to try some of the other options if I go back (the grilled grouper or lobster sandwich perhaps).

Hideaway is a huge area and is a non-stop party at the pool.  Yes, you can find quieter areas further down the beach but there is no escaping the music from the DJ, the sound carries.  I thought it was fun but at my age, after 5 hours of non-stop beats I had to leave (yes even at 9am there were beats but they were a little more "chill").  There are different food options at Hideaway but it's typical grab-and-go stuff.  I didn't find the pizza to be that amazing but thought the shrimp basket was pretty good.

It really depends on what you are looking for.  I attached a Beach Club lunch menu from August 2023.

image.thumb.jpeg.3d27c897bb9b15f66b45eb53327b9fff.jpeg

Curious as to how the beach club menu works ?

Is it a typical restaurant sit down meal , (starter/entree/dessert) , or more like the MDR on the ship (feel free to order multiples) ?

Also , are there any other "grab'n'go" options ?

Edit: Never mind part A ,i see it was answered . But any other options for food ?

Thx

Edited by LobsterStalker

Love the beach club.  I was there last week.  Nice cushioned loungers, with their own plush towels provided, also floating beach mat, heated salt water infinity pool (at perfect temp, IMO), great lunch, bar service available at your lounge chair-just raise your flag on the chair20240307_101721.thumb.jpg.44352c100896ded707cd59a44919d607.jpg

20230921_101658.thumb.jpg.1bfd36fcc9fdf18267e7537085da3088.jpg

20240307_092541.thumb.jpg.ac322cfc3b50e88d295f0858f164402b.jpg

20230921_101802.thumb.jpg.f288185325b05afa9f45169786f52f5e.jpg

20240307_123239.thumb.jpg.134d0f15b02ef2dd1a78e65a21a25e60.jpg

20240307_124151.thumb.jpg.4f55fffe5d268862109da2834dad749c.jpg

20240307_131930.thumb.jpg.ddfa1ae3a2a1c04bc793b84a5e0c388f.jpgVery nice clean restrooms too!

14 hours ago, LobsterStalker said:

Also , are there any other "grab'n'go" options ?

If I remember they had some light breakfast items in the morning (juice, danish, etc) but other than the amazing lunch, I don't remember any other food options.  There is a bar of course (and drink service at your chair) so no problem with drinks.

I was completely stuffed after the lunch and didn't have the need to eat again until back on the ship.  But if you are still hungry, you can always wander down to South Beach and hit the Snack Shack.  The full Coco Cay is available to you if you wish to leave the Beach Club and come back (they were doing wrist bands when I was there for re-entry... not sure if they've switched to scanning your seapass like at Hideaway).

Curious if they refund the excursion if it's rainy.   I am booked there next week, but right now the weather shows rain 😞    

19 minutes ago, sdear said:

Curious if they refund the excursion if it's rainy.   I am booked there next week, but right now the weather shows rain 😞    

Rain in the forecast doesn't mean rain all day. 

Just remember, at the beach club, if you are sitting on the beach in a lounger, there is attached to the lounger a little green flag you can put up and someone will quickly come check on you and take a drink order, which is great if you have the deluxe beverage package.  I have a cruise coming up in April where two months ago the MSRP for CCBC was $249.  A couple of weeks ago it dropped to $139 with a sale price of $110.99.  We hadn't been to Hideaway yet so are going to try that this trip (on sale for $30.99).

9 hours ago, RogerDodger247 said:

If I remember they had some light breakfast items in the morning (juice, danish, etc) but other than the amazing lunch, I don't remember any other food options.  There is a bar of course (and drink service at your chair) so no problem with drinks.

I was completely stuffed after the lunch and didn't have the need to eat again until back on the ship.  But if you are still hungry, you can always wander down to South Beach and hit the Snack Shack.  The full Coco Cay is available to you if you wish to leave the Beach Club and come back (they were doing wrist bands when I was there for re-entry... not sure if they've switched to scanning your seapass like at Hideaway).

Roger that !

Thx

• Like 1