Tips included or not without a drink package?

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

So I can't toss the bar keep an extra $1 if I want to?  Damn....

After a little research it looks liek the law changed in 2014 and automatic gratuities are now technically considered a servcuie charge and must be paid,  Oh well, I'm glad I only drink soft drinks now! 🙂

Y'all have a great time on your next crusie...

You can always tip a $1 or 2, even if gratuities are charged. You will be charged 20% on soda, or any purchase onboard.

Edited by mjkacmom

4 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

You can always tip a $1 or 2, even if gratuities are charged. You will be charged 20% on soda, or any purchase onboard.

It was avery poor attempt at humor.  I'm known for that! 🙂

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, seemoreroyals said:

If you want to sail with NCL it is free.  Their rules. Try going to customer service and see if they will give you some of your money back or some onboard credit for opting out of the FAS adult bev pkg.  They will probably try to be nice at first but in the end you are not getting anything back.

See it any way you want to see it.  Gotta love these tipping threads.  What this is the 3rd or 4th new tipping thread in the last couple of days?

There is nothing to get back.  The package is FREE.  You will get back yoru entire $0.00 that the package cost you.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

Non-refundable is not the same as free.

Yes however paying $0.00 for the package does mena it is free.  There is noting to refund other than the $0.00 paid..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MoCruiseFan said:

You're confusing 'free' with 'included'.  

It's like dining in the MDR.  You don't get a bill for meals in the MDR, but you're still paying for them.  If you're paying for them, they're not 'free'.  Included, not Free.

Since this topic is new and about drinks and tips I thought I would save asking this in a new one.

For paying the gratuties due on FAS offer, do these have to be pre-paid before sailing for can they be paid onboard?

And if onboard, can they be paid with OBC that you get from an offer for your TA?

9 minutes ago, Gerbilicous said:

Since this topic is new and about drinks and tips I thought I would save asking this in a new one.

For paying the gratuties due on FAS offer, do these have to be pre-paid before sailing for can they be paid onboard?

And if onboard, can they be paid with OBC that you get from an offer for your TA?

They are paid as part of the cruise fare before sailing 

32 minutes ago, Gerbilicous said:

The FAS gratuities are included in the cruise fare and are paid in full at final payment. You can refuse the FAS and not pay the gratuities and add the gratuities and FAS later but the FAS must be added NLT 24 hours prior to boarding.

So, no, you can't use OBC.