Price drop after final payment

Has anyone had this happen on any of their bookings recently?  If so, what was done?  Was obc given?  In the past, price was updated if before final payment, and obc was given for the difference if after final payment.  Both were done without cancelling and rebooking.  What about now?  TA told me that since the restart, OBC no longer is given after the final payment is made...I'm not confident in that answer...

23 minutes ago, Hawkstar33 said:

Has anyone had this happen on any of their bookings recently?  If so, what was done?  Was obc given?  In the past, price was updated if before final payment, and obc was given for the difference if after final payment.  Both were done without cancelling and rebooking.  What about now?  TA told me that since the restart, OBC no longer is given after the final payment is made...I'm not confident in that answer...

TA gave you the right answer.  It's back to the way it was pre-covid.  During the restart there was a program called Cruise with Confidence which did give a price gty if it dropped after final you got the difference in OBC.  That's been gone for over a year.

Read the other thread.

• Like 1

The only thing that can usually be done is to identify a "better" cabin at least $1 more than you paid and upgrade to it paying the difference.   Of course the upgrade will be at the prevailing rate/promo for that category.  Sometimes if there has been a dramatic price drop you can get a much better cabin for a small $$.

Other than that there's nothing.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

The only thing that can usually be done is to identify a "better" cabin at least $1 more than you paid and upgrade to it paying the difference.   Of course the upgrade will be at the prevailing rate/promo for that category.  Sometimes if there has been a dramatic price drop you can get a much better cabin for a small $$.

I feel that we have already had the best of times cruising, deal wise...I have several more booked with some pretty good perks still, but past that we will have to see... 

• Like 2

I haven't heard of Celebrity making any adjustments since the end of Covid restart trying to get people back on their ships.   When they eliminated cancel for any reason adjustment after final payment were returned to the original policy.

There may be opportunities if you find  a cabin class at least $1 higher than your room you can upgrade for the difference.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hawkstar33 said:

TA told me that since the restart, OBC no longer is given after the final payment is made...I'm not confident in that answer...

Dig deep. Find the confidence. Your TA is correct. 

3 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

And if you booked out far enough, I imagine you'll lose the tips, and if in suite to a better suite the OBC, so be sure to factor that in.

9 hours ago, Mr. Click said:

and yet years before COVID  I had success getting upgraded on price drops after final payment.  Oh for the good old days.

I was able to do this last summer.

• Like 1

TA is correct. Getting OBC for a price drop after final payment ended in March 2022. It was temporarily offered during COVID. Today, after final payment you get nothing. You can try to pay to upgrade to a higher category only if that category is priced higher than your original category. 

Posted (edited)

There was a price drop on our cruise - try to upgrade and pay the difference today (which I did 2 months ago with no problem). This time I was told the internet rate was for "new bookings" only. The price difference on the internet $362.00 more than what we paid - which is less than the Move Up bid.  The agent quoted a cost of $1052.00 upgrade (more than the Move Up Bids). My husband says call back and talk to someone else.....uggg maybe Celebrity only lets you upgrade once. We are after the paid in full period. We will just keep our cabin and not bid on Move Up for this category.  

Edited by JLMcruise
grammer