Oriana and Oceana for sale

Anyone with a few quid to spare? Seajets have these two old favourites. The company is advertising for staff and word is they could be launching their own cruise line. Watch this spave.

Screenshot 2024-03-17 16.46.16.png

Screenshot 2024-03-17 16.45.37.png

• Like 7

1 minute ago, yorkshirephil said:

Anyone with a few quid to spare? Seajets have these two old favourites. The company is advertising for staff and word is they could be launching their own cruise line. Watch this spave.

Screenshot 2024-03-17 16.46.16.png

Screenshot 2024-03-17 16.45.37.png

So are Seajets selling them on or are they going to be the ships they use?

(And Pete14, if you mention baked bean tin cans you may live to regret it 😉 )

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Presto2 said:

So are Seajets selling them on or are they going to be the ships they use?

There is a list of ships available for sale, mostly the ones bought during covid, it is a mixture of rumour and best guessing as to what the outcome will be. If the ships for sale were smaller I would risk a shilling each way that Ambassador may take one but not sure that they fit the model.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, yorkshirephil said:

There is a list of ships available for sale, mostly the ones bought during covid, it is a mixture of rumour and best guessing as to what the outcome will be. If the ships for sale were smaller I would risk a shilling each way that Ambassador may take one but not sure that they fit the model.

Can we have a whip round for Oceana please ............. 😞

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

Said it before, will say it again. ANY ship is available to purchase at the right price.

SeaJets opportunistically purchased a number of ships and are probably now looking to shed a couple before launching the rest as Greek island tourist ships.

That said, these websites usually act as brokers - they act on basis of any ship for sale and look to match buyer and owner. They are not proper listings.

I’m trying to think how much of a refurb a ship would need if it has been in cold layup for four years. I see some port to port movement so mechanically it may be ok. But what about the galleys and bars, are their equipment still fit and serviceable? What about the cabins?

One thing is for sure, Carnival Corp will have wanted more than $45m for Oriana when they sold it.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they go to scrapyard. Oceana was only positioned to Astakos after being laid up since she was sent to new owners. Loved working on her, Go fund me needed.

What did you do there?

12 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Can we have a whip round for Oceana please ............. 😞

You will need a very big whip to extort 79 million dollars from us.

• Haha 4

Mrs SB and I have happy memories of Oriana. As I have a significant birthday this year, I suggested that she should buy me the old girl as a project to keep me from being under her feet all day. She declined somewhat forcefully…..

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Lee Jones Jnr said:

Oceana is the ugly sister to the twin Cinderellas Aurora and Oriana anyway

Hope you have your tin hat on when Presto2 reads that!!!!

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, alpha whiskey said:

Wow!  Bet you could tell a tale or two from your time there! 😉

Definitely some interesting things. People complaining about wifi having to be turned off when we diverted to Saudia Arabia. We could not take photos but the pilot could😂. A women being topless who did not like being told to cover up tried asking the captain for permission to be topless. Immigration use to hate. Nearly leaving a couple of guests behind who apparently could see the captain laughing from the bridge and did not like the horn going off and people clapping and cheering. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lee Jones Jnr said:

Oceana is the ugly sister to the twin Cinderellas Aurora and Oriana anyway

Beauty is in the eye of beholder ...... and if I remember rightly there were TWO ugly sisters anyway so your comparison doesn't work...... 😉

1 hour ago, Lee Jones Jnr said:

I said what I said, I am prepared to deal with the consequences...

I am still scarred emotionally from the time they sold her ... but I'll be nice to you as you are new :-). Just don't mention baked bean tin cans ...........

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

I am still scarred emotionally from the time they sold her ... but I'll be nice to you as you are new :-). Just don't mention baked bean tin cans ...........

To be respectful to P&O, maybe green bean tin cans would be more appropriate. Presumably I am not considered to be new. 😉

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, pete14 said:

To be respectful to P&O, maybe green bean tin cans would be more appropriate. Presumably I am not considered to be new. 😉

Yes but you need to be more careful than anyone as we know where you live and what your car looks like 😀

Edited by Presto2
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, pete14 said:

I see they have already sold Oceana's ship horn 😉      HORN   🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Yes but you need to be more careful than anyone as we know where you live and what your car looks like 😀

And of course it is not your static seaside palace that I am looking at as I type. 👍