Speakers

Minnie29

I see on the Cunard website that they have advertised several pages of guest speakers. 
is there any way of seeing which guest speakers are on an upcoming cruise?

I am on QV on April 28th.

Thank you

No, the usual 'Ad-hock speakers' are not advertised in advance.  Those Speakers that you are referring to are Celebrity speakers lecturing on special 'Event' Cruises/Voyages'.

If you have booked one of these  'Event Cruises' you will be automatically informed  as part of your booking information,  otherwise you'll have to keep an eye out for upcoming Event Cruises that maybe of interest to you.   

They use to have a page announcing for each ship the coming speakers for each sailings. But eliminated it quite some time ago.

We don't see them now till viewing them upon boarding.

• Thanks 1

I sent a email to customer services asking for which speakers were on my may Cruise and much to my surprise I had a reply within 24 hours, I was very impressed, I had about 7 on the list they sent me so I don’t think they will all be on but it gave me a idea of what to expect.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

I sent a email to customer services asking for which speakers were on my may Cruise and much to my surprise I had a reply within 24 hours, I was very impressed, I had about 7 on the list they sent me so I don’t think they will all be on but it gave me a idea of what to expect.

7 !  Come back and tell us if Customer services were correct .

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Minnie29 said:

What email did you use please? 

I logged onto cruise personaliser and went to before you sail and scrolled down to contact us, and you get a choice of enquiries there and used the contact form below on the page .

3 hours ago, Minnie29 said:

Can you recall the actual email address? 

No because it was done through the personaliser, scrolling down to contact us which I touched and a information page came up that you put your questions in and contact details and then submit.

I was rather disappointed with the speakers on QM2 in Oct 22. One was obviously intended for the royalists on board (fair enough, not for me though), one old boy just showed all his holiday snaps of old boats he'd been on, which was interesting for a while...

I'd have thought every cruise should have at least one talk about the ship you are on! It's history, it's construction, how it works etc. Doesn't have to be a guest speaker - could be a crew member. And the history of Cunard etc etc

The theatre was much better - we had the RSC on board doing a weird musical, and a gospel choir who were excellent (though Gospel Coldplay is a little strange)

• Haha 1

We wrote to a email address that we were given onboard lt time (unfortunately can't share) to ask for information about future voyages.

The recent answer received for our next March 25 sailing -

"We usually get the insight speakers 6 months out from a voyage. If you would like to email us a little closer to sailing, we would be happy to give it to you."

So there is a period of time till they can proper release information about a voyage contents.

The reason they ( Speakers)  are not made known in advance is they are often subject to change or a no show 'almost at the last minute' . Most of these ad-hock speakers have to rely on joining the ship/s down route, they rely on air travel or other means of transport which is not always reliable.

Unlike Celebrity Speakers on 'Event Cruises' who will embark at the home port, chauffeur driven to the terminal and enjoy the comfort of a Grill Suite.

How do I know all this ? -  Two good friends ( one a family member) who lecture on Cunard 😉  

Just got word from Cunard that

“The scheduled guest speaker for your voyage is Mr. Scott Walker, hostage negotiator, author and coach.  Any other speakers will be listed in the Daily Program that is delivered to your stateroom.” 

Hostage negotiator?!! Well, perhaps I’ll learn how to play Bridge on this trip.

2 minutes ago, snorklinbarb said:

Are the lectures available on cabin TV on demand?

Thanks also for the suggestion.  Just sent an email for info on speakers for our crossing.

The lectures are available on TV but not on demand. They most recent day's lectures are repeated one after the other on the TV channel dedicated for the Cunard Insights Lectures. They usually commence in the late afternoon after all the lectures have been completed for the day and will repeat for 24 hours if you have multiple sea days in a row. When you have port days you'll probably see the most recent set of lectures repeated for multiple days until the completion of the next set of lectures on the next sea day.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

The lectures are available on TV but not on demand. They most recent day's lectures are repeated one after the other on the TV channel dedicated for the Cunard Insights Lectures. They usually commence in the late afternoon after all the lectures have been completed for the day and will repeat for 24 hours if you have multiple sea days in a row. When you have port days you'll probably see the most recent set of lectures repeated for multiple days until the completion of the next set of lectures on the next sea day.

I think there are some lecturers who don’t allowed their lectures to be televised. I can’t think who now. Sorry.

45 minutes ago, snorklinbarb said:

Are the lectures available on cabin TV on demand?

Thanks also for the suggestion.  Just sent an email for info on speakers for our crossing.

As bluemarble mentioned, yes they are on the in cabin tvs and repeated several times a day.

We've catched up with all them in the afternoon and when dressing for Dinner to see what we may have missed. 

If the speaker is someone we missed and liked the first transmission, we will make our way to the next session they may present during the voyage.