"Live"  Majestic Princess, 33-Days, Apr 10th to May 12th, Sydney to Seattle (+6 Nights Sydney Pre-Cruise)

3 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

I believe it was Opunohu.  There was a Windstar ship in Cooks Bay.

Loved loved loved Windstar in French Polynesia last year.  Best way to see the islands ther.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

We are returning to Moorea in March of 2026 and this is where you will find us

I forgot we will be back in Moorea next April on the Sapphire Princess. 

And then again in March of 2026 on the Island Princess.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

I am booked on that Sapphire sailing Apr 8, 2025.  I hope to see you on board.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kari and David said:

Internet speed test on iPhone from balcony cabin on a sea day. 

IMG_1319.jpeg

Ping is critical for online gaming, but the rest is pretty ok. 😄

1 hour ago, LACruiser88 said:

I hope I will be there in April 25 (on the Royal). It's booked, and I just need to get to AKL. Sitting on tons of air miles (MM and LM), but no availability in Biz. 😩

• Like 1

The below was posted on the Roll Call for our voyage by a fellow passenger a few minutes ago.  We have been hearing a lot of folks coughing and sneezing.  🥺

FYI to all, I have been quarantining for Covid for a few days now (i started feeling off probably a week or so ago now). I thought I had a sinus infection, but they offered to test me when I went in for possible antibiotics.

My symptoms have been none of the well known ones. It really has been like a sinus infection where my head just feels full and I cough up some ick. The nurse said Covid is definitely aboard (ie, I’m definitely not patient zero).

I’m sure in the back of our heads, we all know it’s here, but if anyone has any particular concerns that they might be high risk, ratcheting up precautions is probably a good idea. My case has been mild. I’m not weak or tired and I don’t have a problem with breathing or feel like death.

I hope if anyone else here gets it (or has it), it is as mild.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, LACruiser88 said:

We have been hearing a lot of folks coughing and sneezing.  🥺

Last year on the Crown Lax-Lax, Moorea was ground zero for a nasty bronchial infection. Might be the humid air, I have no idea. Was doing my regular laps today and it will be my last time going through the Hollywood Conservatory. Deep coughing and it wasn't just the chorine air, starting to sound like seals barking. Unfortunately people don't care, they will do what they want regardless if feeling sick or not. Here we go.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Yehootu said:

Unfortunately people don't care, they will do what they want regardless if feeling sick or not. Here we go.

Sadly this is true - not just no cruise ships either

we were supposed to be on Majestic in Feb 2023, but about 3 weeks before final payment in 2022, Majestic docked in Sydney with over 800 covid positive people on board... we decided to cancel that cruise mainly due to the large number of covid cases still happening on cruise ships

We're on Crown Princess in December, so hopefully we'll be ok.... we're certainly not living our lives around covid,but we are still weary of catching it

• Like 7

Can get covid anywhere,  Have been on 3 cruises since Aus/Nz restart and not succumbed .  Have got covid now and could only have been from the supermarket !   My symptoms are a  mild head cold and can understand why many people may not even test .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, robncruise said:

Can get covid anywhere,  Have been on 3 cruises since Aus/Nz restart and not succumbed .  Have got covid now and could only have been from the supermarket !   My symptoms are a  mild head cold and can understand why many people may not even test .

As long as you have travel insurance the best place to come down with Covid is on a cruise. We've done ten cruises since the restart and I've had Covid on two of them. One was on Coral Princess in 2022 when all treatment was free. Princess were amazing. The second time was on another cruise line late last year, also amazing care but very expensive - thank goodness for travel insurance. That one had me fooled as the symptoms were totally different to the first time - I thought it was a sinus issue, possibly triggered by something onboard the ship (perfume?). It was only when I started to cough that I did a RAT and discovered it was Covid. 

15 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

The below was posted on the Roll Call for our voyage by a fellow passenger a few minutes ago.  We have been hearing a lot of folks coughing and sneezing.  🥺

FYI to all, I have been quarantining for Covid for a few days now (i started feeling off probably a week or so ago now). I thought I had a sinus infection, but they offered to test me when I went in for possible antibiotics.

My symptoms have been none of the well known ones. It really has been like a sinus infection where my head just feels full and I cough up some ick. The nurse said Covid is definitely aboard (ie, I’m definitely not patient zero).

I’m sure in the back of our heads, we all know it’s here, but if anyone has any particular concerns that they might be high risk, ratcheting up precautions is probably a good idea. My case has been mild. I’m not weak or tired and I don’t have a problem with breathing or feel like death.

I hope if anyone else here gets it (or has it), it is as mild.

Mom has been coughing for days and after reading that last night  we both took tests and are Covid negative AMEN!!

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Crossed the Equator at 3am. Today is the Crossing the Equator Ceremony. Was told they’re thawing out the fish

Didn’t get chosen! A few folks dropped out after seeing a few of my videos from the Crown last year.

Edited by Yehootu
  • Like 3