Arvia main dining rooms

50 minutes ago, JG&Lcruisingnewbies said:

Ok, I’m going to ask….

why does one have tablecloths and the other not? 🤔 

I’m glad you asked, as I was wondering the same 🍽️ ….🤣

• Haha 1

Really don't like this no table cloths thing as ridiculous as it is I felt less special in the one without.  Shock horror, I've just seen a mention on the Cunard board that there appears to be a dearth of table cloths in the mock ups for Queen Anne.  Standards, sir, standards!!

• Like 1

It feels strange not to have the tablecloths but I guess it saves on the environment and costs and when I think of home we never use a tablecloth only mats so shouldn't seem that odd I suppose 

• Like 2

Im dyspraxic. It’s true I usually spill something that stains on a tablecloth but getting rid altogether because of messy people like me sounds a little extreme 😂 

I’m just going to wreck the tabletops now! 🤦🏼‍♀️ 

6 hours ago, JG&Lcruisingnewbies said:

Ok, I’m going to ask….

why does one have tablecloths and the other not? 🤔 

To make some of the clientele that P&O are trying to attract these days feel more comfortable, like they are eating in a 'Spoons🤭 (he says, with tongue in cheek; or is it?)

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Having eaten in both Meridian and Zenith recently we didn't even notice what was on the table. I do recall one waiter trying to be quite artistic with his crumb cleaner on one occasion so I guess we were in Zenith that night. 

Third world problems I guess.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AlanCruise said:

It's just a styling decision.  The other has tables with place mats.  They both serve the same food.

Exactly! I think tablecloths are very old fashioned. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TigerB said:

To make some of the clientele that P&O are trying to attract these days feel more comfortable, like they are eating in a 'Spoons🤭 (he says, with tongue in cheek; or is it?)

Our local ' spoons ' has table cloths and a dress code.

1 hour ago, Ardennais said:

Exactly! I think tablecloths are very old fashioned. 

A bit like cheese wheels. Banished to ancient history. We have a table cloth. It comes out at Christmas in case any elderly relatives pop round for an advocat.

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Our local ' spoons ' has table cloths and a dress code.

For the discerning gentleman: tracky bottoms and a 'wife beater' vest?🤔

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

A bit like cheese wheels. Banished to ancient history. We have a table cloth. It comes out at Christmas in case any elderly relatives pop round for an advocat.

I’ve never owned a tablecloth and never will! 

• Like 2

every time I see someone mention on the P&O forum about attracting ‘different type of clientele’ or mention the ‘decline in type of clientele’, which is often, I have a debate with myself to try and work out if I’m in that category. 🤔

i know that many of you are just joshing around. It still gets me thinking

i have a child, travel in school holidays, like the newer ships, not loyal to one particular cruise line, and no longer own a tablecloth, so probably. Ah well 🤷‍♀️

husband doesn’t own a wife beater vest though so we’re not that bad😂 😜 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, JG&Lcruisingnewbies said:

every time I see someone mention on the P&O forum about attracting ‘different type of clientele’ or mention the ‘decline in type of clientele’, which is often, I have a debate with myself to try and work out if I’m in that category. 🤔

i know that many of you are just joshing around. It still gets me thinking

i have a child, travel in school holidays, like the newer ships, not loyal to one particular cruise line, and no longer own a tablecloth, so probably. Ah well 🤷‍♀️

husband doesn’t own a wife beater vest though so we’re not that bad😂 😜 

But do you eat at Spoons? 😁

• Like 1

On 3/27/2024 at 8:27 PM, TigerB said:

I have been in some Spoons where the clientele was a bit rough around the edges, but so was the neighbourhood they were in.

And I have been in plenty of Spoons where the clientele was pretty upmarket, but again so was the neighbourhood they were in.

So to use Spoons as a descriptor might reveal more about the area you live than you might wish to!

• Like 1

On 3/27/2024 at 6:14 PM, Bin man said:

It feels strange not to have the tablecloths but I guess it saves on the environment and costs and when I think of home we never use a tablecloth only mats so shouldn't seem that odd I suppose 

Many posh restaurants don't have table cloths.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2024 at 1:00 AM, Ardennais said:

I’ve never owned a tablecloth and never will! 

We have a very nice dining table, but hardly ever use it. We might today though..Still won't use a table cloth as it has santa on it.

• Haha 1

On 3/29/2024 at 7:25 PM, Harryjacobs said:

But do you eat at Spoons? 😁

We sometimes eat there, but don't go to Butlins....Tooo posh for that. Orft to a Warners in the morning.