Haven Experiences

We don't leave in the Haven on Bliss until June - but - I did have a very good pre Haven experience - I called to make dining reservations and the phone was picked up, no wait after the usual robo pickup, I spoke with a nice guy who basically asked me what time and where we wanted to dine - I made the request and voila - restaurants and times booked. . . . 

As for on board service - we shall see!   We'll be tipping heavily the first day . . . 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

YES.  Communication is key.

I always call the Haven Concierge, probably at least a half dozen times, before embarkation.  I have them make note of my preferences BEFORE I even step on to the ship.  My Butler already knows what I want upon our first meeting.

Interesting, never knew you could call before the cruise. I always just send and email and ask for a couple different pillows, extra bath towels and oak milk. Its all been in place when we arrive

3 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

Interesting, never knew you could call before the cruise. I always just send and email and ask for a couple different pillows, extra bath towels and oak milk. Its all been in place when we arrive

(855) 625-4283.  Have your reservation number, date of sailing and ship you're sailing on ready to give to them so they can confirm you're in the Haven.  There will be a couple of "menu options" before you get to the NCL Concierge.  They've been great doing my pre-cruise choices and planning.  Pillows, coffee, snacks, dinner reservations, etc.  

I'm all set once I board.  I use the Concierges for changes on board, but mostly, I'm all set by using the Concierge Phone Number.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

I see several references to a breakfast buffet in The Haven. Is this in addition to the standard Haven breakfast menu? What items are offered in this buffet?

It has pastries, croissants, various breads, cheese, deli meats, yogurt parfaits, sliced fruit, fruit cups, and most importantly for my family, smoked salmon, cream cheese, capers, onions and lemon wedges. There are probably a few other things I'm missing, but everything is cold.

The most aggravating thing for us, as bagels & lox lovers, is that the buffet had all the makings you needed except the bagels, and on the Joy is took forever to actually get the bagels.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

(855) 625-4283.  Have your reservation number, date of sailing and ship you're sailing on ready to give to them so they can confirm you're in the Haven.  There will be a couple of "menu options" before you get to the NCL Concierge.  They've been great doing my pre-cruise choices and planning.  Pillows, coffee, snacks, dinner reservations, etc.  

I'm all set once I board.  I use the Concierges for changes on board, but mostly, I'm all set by using the Concierge Phone Number.

Is this strictly for the Haven? Our next cruise in June on the Gem we have a forward suite

7 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

Is this strictly for the Haven? Our next cruise in June on the Gem we have a forward suite

That's a good question.  I'm not really sure.  I've only been able to use it for the Haven.  Give them a call and see what they say.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

I'm actually wondering this now as well. For the Iceland/Greenland cruise we booked on the Star, there is no haven, but we did book a DOS. Can we use that number as well?

6 minutes ago, beastlet said:

I'm actually wondering this now as well. For the Iceland/Greenland cruise we booked on the Star, there is no haven, but we did book a DOS. Can we use that number as well?

Give it a shot and let us know if it works.

1 hour ago, Laszlo said:

Strongly recommend a phone call rather than just an email.  Every time I've called the concierge has mentioned options I didn't know about.  They are prompt in answering the phone, never had to wait on hold more  than a couple of minutes.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Thanks for the advice.  I’ve been in the Haven three times but never took advantage of this.  Took all of five minutes and have preferences noted.  Love it!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Distinctive-Destinations said:

This seems excessive? I could definitely see once. Twice if you forgot something the first time, sure.

At least a half dozen times, every time?

Yes…dining changes for a whole host of reasons….as do excursions!

• Like 1

We also always use the pre-cruise concierge number to make our requests, rather than do it by email.So much better talking to someone, as we often have questions they can immediately answer (almond milk available for our cabin’s fridge?).  They can also answer Qs, especially for New Haven cruisers, about the dpi low menu, etc.  About 2 months out, I ask who our Concierge will be — not necessary, we know, but if it’s someone we’ve cruised with before, it adds to our anticipation.

• Like 1

I live in a nice apartment and sail steerage.  My life is simple and uncomplicated.  Works for me.  I offer that only as an alternative that those living the High Life might wish to one day consider if these Haven burdens become too much to bear.  I have it better than 99.9999% of the people on this planet and thank God for it every day.  That makes me happy.🙂

disclaimer: that four nines had nothing to do with IT reliability. 🤣🐀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I have it better than 99.9999% of the people on this planet

So, 8100 people have it better than you? That's too bad. 😉

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, IAcruising said:

So, 8100 people have it better than you? That's too bad. 😉

There are only 81M people on this blue marble now?  Did I miss the rapture?

ETA: I guess you meant to say 810,000.  That sounds about right.  Apparently, we can find a lot of them in the Haven.

Edited by ChiefMateJRK

Like any service industry (airlines/hotels/restaurants etc) some employees go above and beyond, some do their job well, others the bare minimum, in turn having different experiences. 

in my Haven experiences they range from out of this world to good. Really depends on so many factors and their staff from ship to ship. 

Couldn’t agree more about communication, and if things don’t change to move it up within reason.  

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

There are only 81M people on this blue marble now?  Did I miss the rapture?

Heh, no, just a couple decimal points. 8,100,000,000 x .000001. You did say 99.9999 percent, right?  

I think it's getting way too late for this kinda math. 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, IAcruising said:

Heh, no, just a couple decimal points. 8,100,000,000 x .000001. You did say 99.9999 percent, right?  

I think it's getting way too late for this kinda math. 

Well it is for one of us and it ain't you!  🤣  I'll blame the whiskey, and unlike most of my crazy, I CAN back that up.😎

Edited by ChiefMateJRK
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

In my own defense, I can still integrate x squared to x cubed over 3 to calculate the area under the curve.  Does that buy me any cred?

disclaimer: I didn't think so.🤣

(and, before anybody gets uppity, I kicked butt in diffy Q; of course, that was a bazillion years ago before a lot of brain cells died of old age and the aforementioned whiskey)

Edited by ChiefMateJRK
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

In my own defense, I can still integrate x squared to x cubed over 3 to calculate the area under the curve.  Does that buy me any cred?

disclaimer: I didn't think so.🤣

(and, before anybody gets uppity, I kicked butt in diffy Q; of course, that was a bazillion years ago before a lot of brain cells died of old age and the aforementioned whiskey)

I can use the calculator on my phone.  Does that count?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, beastlet said:

For the Star in a DOS, yes.  Are you on 10 or 12?  They changed 10 to DOS so they could charge more vs 9 as both used to be OS.  12 got added around 2011 with two versions.  The outer ones have a wing to look over the side with a dining table.

That room also gets three bottles of booze, bottle of prosecco, unlimited in room water and soda.  No drinks delivered to room, for your convenience, of course.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Laszlo said:

Pretty sure that you can have breakfast in Moderno's and lunch in Cagney's. That's what we had on the Star in December. 

Yes, the phone number works for suite as well as Haven guests as I used it for our upcoming cruise on a Gem-class ship,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

For anyone interested, there are some nice Haven fares on the Joy to Bermuda if you can leave in the next 60 days.

I think I need to re-adjust my expectation of "nice Haven fares." I do agree with you, but it pains me to see a Haven room, for a week at $2,499. And, that's bottom of the barrel right now. I know, I know...inflation. And it does make sense. I do miss those $1,800 - $2,100 fares I was finding a year or two ago. Alas, I do think those are going bye-bye. So, I suppose my internal fare catcher needs to re-calibrate to higher prices.