New sale looks like the old sale 🤣

Perhaps, you didn’t know this, but most all cruise lines have a marketing team that has a wall with 15-20 specials that all amount to the same thing, then there are 1 or 2 which are actually better. Their main function is to occasionally throw a dart at the wall and implement whichever special it hit.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Mark_K said:

Perhaps, you didn’t know this, but most all cruise lines have a marketing team that has a wall with 15-20 specials that all amount to the same thing, then there are 1 or 2 which are actually better. Their main function is to occasionally throw a dart at the wall and implement whichever special it hit.

I check frequently and often getting different pricing but it is always minimally different.  Recently I got what I felt was a pretty good deal and booked it asap.  Maybe it wasn’t though so I keep checking lol

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mark_K said:Their main function is to occasionally throw a dart at the wall and implement whichever special it hit.

I did not realize that they were that scientific 😁

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Mark_K said:

I didn’t know a large would have a marketing department 

That is the first time I have read that 😱🤣

Just checked price on my Beyond July 8 day cruise based an email received from Celebrity indicating 75% off second passenger. What a Joke!!

Todays Celebrity price for an Inside cabin for 2 was $3,045.

My booking for an OV cabin for 2 is $2,239 with $275 OBC.

Some big sale on Celebrity Site!  SMH LOL etc.

Be careful of the scam! False advertising, bait and switch, whatever you want to call it.

The new sale after the rebranding is definitely worse than the previous sale. Suddenly the prices are up and the discount is down to 30% off both passengers. Holding out now before booking.

16 hours ago, villauk said:

The new sale after the rebranding is definitely worse than the previous sale. Suddenly the prices are up and the discount is down to 30% off both passengers. Holding out now before booking.

The US and GB sales are different. US is still 75% off second guest plus the rotating savings. That promotion will be in place until June.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

The US and GB sales are different. US is still 75% off second guest plus the rotating savings. That promotion will be in place until June.

Yes, our new promotion has changed to 30% off 1st and 2nd guest - far worse - and the prices have risen too. As the flights haven’t been released yet for next year, I’m going to wait and see what happens on the next ‘sale’ as we don’t have refundable deposits. I could book in the US but prefer to keep it over here since covid. 

I do find it frustrating that the costs for a Caribbean cruise are a fraction of what X charge for the out-of-season sailings in Europe. I realise it’s because of the competition and demand during winter over there, but it was actually nice this year to get a ‘bargain’ when Infinity was redeployed from Israel. Pity we can’t get a break like that every year, prices similar to a winter Caribbean break.