What can I expect with online check in

So my online check in is Tuesday April 16th (So for me on the west coast I guess it is 9pm monday night?  We are leaving out of Newark)

What do I do?  Never done this so I am wondering what to expect and what to do.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Minuet888 said:

So my online check in is Tuesday April 16th (So for me on the west coast I guess it is 9pm monday night?  We are leaving out of Newark)

Add ID info (passport or birth certificate)

Add emergency contact info

Add a photo 

Add a credit card

Select an arrival time

Log into your account, either on computer or app.  App will show a checkin link either at the bottom of the page or your profile page.  Computer will show checkin where you see the cruise list. 

On the app you can select the arrival time without filling in the other information.  Computer requires you to fill in info listed in other post first.  Easier to do the passport and other information on a desktop.  We have used the same photos for years (although you can resize them when you upload them).  Same with passport image - saved on computer.  You can fill in the information for your entire party.

In theory checkin opens at 9 your time but don't be surprised if it runs a few minutes late.  If app isn't letting you check in, try refreshing or select another cruise (can be the same one).  This reloads the cruise you are trying to check in on.  

Most folks do the midnight checkin to get an early arrival time.  You don't really need to do that unless you are trying to get the earliest time.  On many cruises I have checked in 12 hours late and still gotten the second arrival group.  And they often don't check what group you are in at the terminal anyway.  

Once done, the cruise documents and boarding pass will show up roughly 30 days before the cruise.

1 hour ago, Minuet888 said:

The only thing you need to do is select an arrival time (the only reason people check-in as soon as possible is to get an early check-in window). You can add all the other information mentioned in a previous post at a later date. Make sure you check-in on the app; that is the only way you can just simply select a check-in time. If you do it on the website you will have to provide most of the additional information to select a time. 

2 minutes ago, LeeW said:

Log into your account, either on computer or app.  App will show a checkin link either at the bottom of the page or your profile page.  Computer will show checkin where you see the cruise list. 

On the app you can select the arrival time without filling in the other information.  Computer requires you to fill in info listed in other post first.  Easier to do the passport and other information on a desktop.  We have used the same photos for years (although you can resize them when you upload them).  Same with passport image - saved on computer.  You can fill in the information for your entire party.

In theory checkin opens at 9 your time but don't be surprised if it runs a few minutes late.  If app isn't letting you check in, try refreshing or select another cruise (can be the same one).  This reloads the cruise you are trying to check in on.  

Most folks do the midnight checkin to get an early arrival time.  You don't really need to do that unless you are trying to get the earliest time.  On many cruises I have checked in 12 hours late and still gotten the second arrival group.  And they often don't check what group you are in at the terminal anyway.  

Once done, the cruise documents and boarding pass will show up roughly 30 days before the cruise.

Looks like we were typing a similar response at the same time. It comes down to personal preference, but I find it much easier to complete check-in on the app as opposed to using a desktop computer. 

11 hours ago, Minuet888 said:

You'll get tingles because your cruise is close!

• Haha 2

After check in online, I realized that there is still a health form, which has to be filled from 24 hours before embarkation. We will not have internet connection on those 24 hours, since we are traveling. It is possible to fill this health form at the port the day of embarkation?

5 hours ago, travelberlin said:

After check in online, I realized that there is still a health form, which has to be filled from 24 hours before embarkation. We will not have internet connection on those 24 hours, since we are traveling. It is possible to fill this health form at the port the day of embarkation?

On our Med cruise in July we never got the health questionnaire the day before and no questions were asked at the port.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Minuet888 said:

I did it!

I got 11:30am is this the earliest check in time?  I've heard different things.

It is Symphony out of NJ

Depends on ship and port. If the earliest you saw was 1130am then that's as good as it is going to get. 

2 hours ago, Woozisuzi said:

regarding the check in time..... I've booked a fly cruise, so expect to be collected from the airport and taken to the doc, how do I know what time to select? thanks!

What time does your flight arrive? How far is the airport from the cruise port? Realistically, none of that matters, they aren't enforcing check-in times at most ports. Pick an early time, you'll be allowed to check in when you get there.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2024 at 7:35 PM, Minuet888 said:

Your check-in will open at midnight in the time zone from which you will sail.  

Sometimes it's not exactly midnight -- don't panic if it doesn't open until 10-15 minutes after.  

On 4/13/2024 at 8:09 PM, DennysDad said:

Add ID info (passport or birth certificate)

Add emergency contact info

Add a photo 

Add a credit card

Select an arrival time

Yes, have these numbers "at the ready".  

I never bother with the pictures anymore.  Even though I strived to take straight-on, one-person only pictures, they always re-took them in the terminal anyway.  

Know, too, that you can go back and change things later -- like, if you wanted to change your emergency contact or use a different credit card.  The big deal is to grab your boarding time.  

On 4/13/2024 at 8:59 PM, LeeW said:

And they often don't check what group you are in at the terminal anyway.  

This hasn't been my experience -- but we've always had the earliest time slot (well, right after the suites and Key).  Maybe they are careful at the beginning but then slack off as the initial group passes through?  

6 hours ago, DennysDad said:

Depends on ship and port. If the earliest you saw was 1130am then that's as good as it is going to get. 

Yes, even if the time slots are taken, you'll be able to see that earlier time slots used to be available. 

If you don't get what you want, you can always check again later.  People may change their minds -- decide they don't want to board before their cabins are ready, or they find out their flight is later than they thought, or whatever.  

On 4/13/2024 at 9:35 PM, Minuet888 said:

then today is embark day! Have a great cruise!

2 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

What time does your flight arrive? How far is the airport from the cruise port? Realistically, none of that matters, they aren't enforcing check-in times at most ports. Pick an early time, you'll be allowed to check in when you get there.

thank you! arrive 1030am, port is only 30/40 min drive away but i guess it depends when everyone gets on the coach etc. Appreciate your response.!