Taking My Daughter's Minor Friend- Need Help

Taking my 15 year old's BFF.

Found the form online from Royal that the friend's parents must fill out and sign in front of a notary.

Is this all we need to travel?

Will this form from Royal also work at the airport when flying on United from Denver to Houston or do I need a different form for that?

9 minutes ago, Kellie in Texas said:

Passport?

Got it. 

Wasn't sure if Royal's travel consent form is the only other documents needed. I'm sure someone here has taken their kid's friends on a cruise before. 

• Like 1

I work in Seattle checking in folks for their Alaska cruises.  Using the official Royal Consent for Minor travel form is the best and easiest option.   Have the parents fill it out, and sign in front of a notary.  It will make check-in that much easier for all of you.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Colorado Buffalo said:

Taking my 15 year old's BFF.

Found the form online from Royal that the friend's parents must fill out and sign in front of a notary.

Is this all we need to travel?

Will this form from Royal also work at the airport when flying on United from Denver to Houston or do I need a different form for that?

you will need to also sign with notary

We have traveled with the kids friends several times.  Not only did we take the consent form (which we also brought into port with us), we also had the parents authorize us to make medical decisions and sign waivers on their behalf.  Think rock climbing, ice skating and so on.  We only got questioned 1x while we were disembarking in Jamaica.  They pulled my daughter's friend aside and asked who she was with and who we were to her.  But she had all the docs to back it up.

• Like 1

I suggest you bring everything you can think of and then some.  If something isn't right, you now have a 15YO to take care of, who will not be going on the cruise.  This very thing happened to my sister and I remember talking to a woman who had to leave half her family behind when her niece could not board.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but you should be aware that when things go wrong, they go WAY wrong.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, luvbrady said:

We have traveled with the kids friends several times.  Not only did we take the consent form (which we also brought into port with us), we also had the parents authorize us to make medical decisions and sign waivers on their behalf.  Think rock climbing, ice skating and so on.  We only got questioned 1x while we were disembarking in Jamaica.  They pulled my daughter's friend aside and asked who she was with and who we were to her.  But she had all the docs to back it up.

We've taken minor grandchildren on cruises.  Be sure to take everything they ask for and it doesnt hurt to be overly prepared.  We had 7 grandkids with us and they went over each one's paperwork extremely carefully and asked the kids questions.   I agree with a form to make medical decisions and sign waivers, etc.  Rather safe then left sitting on the pier!

• Like 1