Barcelona Hotel

drgigi

Does anyone know what hotel Crystal is using or recommending in Barcelona in October?  Or does anyone have recommendations? Our favorite now has a 3 night minimum in October.  Thank you.

The section of Crystal's website describing hotels for our May cruise includes a list of hotels, but it does not designate a specific hotel(s) as a preferred hotel for our cruise. There are no hotels designated as the cruise hotel(s), and you cannot book hotels on the website. We are booked at the Hotel Arts, which is a Ritz Carlton. We also looked at the Cotton House, which is also affiliated with Marriott and gets great reviews.

On 4/28/2024 at 12:27 PM, Texas Tillie said:

This is what's listed on the Crystal website

https://crystalcruises.com/cruises/none-csy-014-241014?menu=land_experiences&ldm=pre-post-hotels

I liked the Hotel 1898, but that was 13 years ago, so have no idea what it's like these days.

Patty

We have stayed at the H1898 several times and our last stay was Sunday, 04-14-2024. It is in a gteat location and there are several restaurants within a few minutes walk. The hotel seems to be consistently good in all areas every time we have stayed, including the one night stay two weeks ago.

• Like 1

I booked the Hotel Sofia, because of the quality of the rooms and dining, and also because it’s not in the hub of the tourist area. For my first day in an area, I’m looking for a quick nap in a quiet neighborhood, after a morning flight arrival, and then a walk around a safe area, a great dinner and a slightly early bedtime to adjust to the jet lag.As of April 1, Sofia was rebranded as a Grand Hyatt.  They are still honoring my suite choice and room rate. It also includes club lounge access. Reviews have been excellent. A lot of the traditional luxury hotels have been sold out for months because of the overlap with the World’s Cup.

I paid far too much money in Arts  ( a RC but when they opened it could not have the name Ritz c)

I stayed also in The palace  ( old Ritz )  , great service but too expensive ,  the Meridien  and years ago in Avenida palace. 

I am not so crazy of Barcelona,  one night before a cruise is enough 

last time I stayed at Eurostars  where smaller cruise ships are docking... 

On 4/28/2024 at 12:13 PM, drgigi said:

Does anyone know what hotel Crystal is using or recommending in Barcelona in October?  Or does anyone have recommendations? Our favorite now has a 3 night minimum in October.  Thank you.

The Hotel Arts and Cotton House have been mentioned in response posts. We have stayed at both several times; my perspective: Arts - more like a destination resort than short stay hotel; beautiful hotel with wonderful service, pool deck etc., fabulous buffet breakfast, and good (expensive) dinner tapas restaurant. If you have AMEX Platinum or Centurion, best to book through them for upgrades/resort credits/included breakfast; not a fan of the location for exploring Barcelona. Cotton House -: very nice city hotel with unique history and decor; well-located to conveniently explore Barcelona; very standard (nothing special) breakfast; restaurant very good for dinner with expansive, reasonably priced (for hotel) menu; pleasant back terrace setting - - significantly less expensive than Arts.

2 hours ago, Treasure Hunter said:

We have stayed at the Majestic. Great location and lovely roof top restaurant. 

We like the Majestic too.  In addition to the great location, lovely roof top restaurant, the breakfast is very good with a very good selection.   Some of the rooms are much nicer than others ( at the same rate). 

Yes we moved our room twice. There was a big wedding party ( fun to look at) but they were accommodating. The rooms are furnished beautifully and it is diagonally located from the best hot chocolate ( with whipped cream)in town . Just ask. 

• Like 1

Eurostar Grand Marina —- if one can define great service as oversleeping after a crazy night on Las Ramblas and having the hotel staff find a car and get you to the ship moments before sail off, greatest hotel on the planet. Maybe a decade ago.

• Like 2

On 4/28/2024 at 7:27 PM, Cruisemonty said:

The section of Crystal's website describing hotels for our May cruise includes a list of hotels, but it does not designate a specific hotel(s) as a preferred hotel for our cruise. There are no hotels designated as the cruise hotel(s), and you cannot book hotels on the website. We are booked at the Hotel Arts, which is a Ritz Carlton. We also looked at the Cotton House, which is also affiliated with Marriott and gets great reviews.

Aloha. We love the Arts and hope you will too!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1