Drinking water

karen of PA

We’ve taken previous cruises but this is our first one on Cunard.  We are on The Queen Elizabeth in August.  I take a medication that requires that I drink a lot of water throughout the day.  It doesn’t have to be bottled water.  Do I need to take a refillable bottle on the cruise?  Are there places on the ship where I can obtain water? I would really appreciate any suggestions that you may have.  Thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, karen of PA said:

We’ve taken previous cruises but this is our first one on Cunard.  We are on The Queen Elizabeth in August.  I take a medication that requires that I drink a lot of water throughout the day.  It doesn’t have to be bottled water.  Do I need to take a refillable bottle on the cruise?  Are there places on the ship where I can obtain water? I would really appreciate any suggestions that you may have.  Thanks.

You should once on board check out the availability of water for you medical and regular use.

On the QM2 we get a Bottle of Water daily and when needed for the Tea Kettle. My DW also uses water for medication and regular use since she does not care for ship processed water. We would buy a on board package of 6 from our Room Steward.

But you can get water from some locations in are within wall units, Kings Court Buffet to name a few otherwise purchase thru the different bars. The unfortunately fact of the purchase, buying a bottle of water will have a 15% surcharge to the purchase. 

There's also iced water available in the gym. The tap water is drinkable, but nicer for having been left to settle in the bottle lid-off for a while, and then put in the fridge

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OrigamiOkapi said:

I haven't been on the Queen Elizabeth, but there were locations to fill up reusable water bottles on the Queen Mary 2.

We have always been discouraged from filling water bottles directly from a water facility on Cunard, on hygiene grounds.

Better to fill a receptacle and then decant into your water bottle.

• Like 2

No need to worry @karen of PA

I don't recall seeing any notice or signage discouraging the filling of small water bottles particularly even when travelling outside of the Grills environment.

But as others have said, there are ample places around the ship

2 hours ago, Solent Richard said:

No need to worry @karen of PA

I don't recall seeing any notice or signage discouraging the filling of small water bottles particularly even when travelling outside of the Grills environment.

But as others have said, there are ample places around the ship

I've definitely seen little signs on the water and juice dispensers in the Lido/Kings Court instructing you not to refill water bottles from them. It's ok to dispense water into a glass then into your bottle. The concern is contamination of the spout from the reusable bottle which may or may not have been sanitised since the last time the user put their bacteria filled mouth to it.

• Like 3