Mariner of the Seas last night … Drone or UFO😂

Posted (edited)

Late night at sea and we watched what appeared to be a large drone on starboard side flying for several minutes.

Whatever it was kept pace about 30 feet away from the ship….. curious to what it was…. maybe too much happy hour 😊

Edited by RRTcruiser
rephrase

• RRTcruiser changed the title to Mariner of the Seas last night … Drone or UFO😂
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, RRTcruiser said:

Late night at sea and we watched what appeared to be a large drone on starboard side flying for several minutes.

Whatever it was kept pace about 30 feet away from the ship….. curious to what it was…. maybe too much happy hour 😊

By definition....if it was flying, and you don't know what is was, it was an UFO. 

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 2

Were you near land? Wondering if it was someone flying off the side of the ship - I'm fairly certain they are prohibited.

Some people do wild things with drones near cruise ships. Not sure what the law is elsewhere,but I've seen loads of videos on YouTube of people with drones near cruise ships that would be very much against the law here in the UK.

When we were leaving Miami on Icon last month there were 5 engine powered paragliders getting very close to the ship. The captain was not happy, a fair few blasts of the ships horn were heard.

DSC_5990.JPG

• Like 1

1 minute ago, davidrlewis2302 said:

Were you near land? Wondering if it was someone flying off the side of the ship - I'm fairly certain they are prohibited.

Some people do wild things with drones near cruise ships. Not sure what the law is elsewhere,but I've seen loads of videos on YouTube of people with drones near cruise ships that would be very much against the law here in the UK.

When we were leaving Miami on Icon last month there were 5 engine powered paragliders getting very close to the ship. The captain was not happy, a fair few blasts of the ships horn were heard.

DSC_5990.JPG

About 4 hours out from Cozumel….. Watched it from 9th deck balcony, about  50 feet aft and 50 feet above. Also 30 feet abreast of the ship with a light on the bottom 

so not a drone from land then! 

Could have been someone on the ship I guess, but I don't fancy my chances of landing an expensive drone on a small bit of deck out at sea on a ship that's moving at around 18kts.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, davidrlewis2302 said:

so not a drone from land then! 

Could have been someone on the ship I guess, but I don't fancy my chances of landing an expensive drone on a small bit of deck out at sea on a ship that's moving at around 18kts.

Might have been a Divine Wind drone.

Wow, sorry I missed this last night.  I has been an interesting cruise. There is a large group of Dungeons and Dragons aboard.  The costumes have been…..interesting.  One young lady who has a dinner table nearby has been a cat and either a cow or a fawn.  There was a group that were dressed as riverboat gamblers.  It’s been fun to watch them.

2 hours ago, ATG said:

The costumes have been…..interesting.  One young lady who has a dinner table nearby has been a cat and either a cow or a fawn.  

In today's wacky world, there's a good chance she didn't believe her attire was a costume.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bucfan2 said:

In today's wacky world, there's a good chance she didn't believe her attire was a costume.

Your right there!!  You know things have gone really down hill if you find them in the pet relief area.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, jalves said:

I wonder if it was the ship's photographer getting pictures of the ship underway to include in a photo package.  

Spoke with an officer today and he said while Royal Caribbean will occasionally do filming like that it definitely wasn’t them….. he did however say that there was other reports and most likely it was a very skilled passenger getting footage…. also added call right away if it happens tonight. 

• Like 1