Booked but then no show

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, SeaMee said:

What happens when you book a room for 2 and then only 1 person shows up to check in?

That person wil be refunded port fees and taxes plus any purchases through cruise planner. . 

Edited by taglovestocruise

2 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

To add, there will be no additional refund for the cruise fare paid for the second passenger.  That is forfeited by them.  Having trip insurance may help mitigate that loss.

In order to collect from insurance the person I believe has to cancel which triggers a refare for the other pax. I dont believe they can collect if they just dont show up, but I could be wrong. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, SeaMee said:

Is the room repriced then as a single?  

It may or may not be as the 2nd passenger fare is kept.  Typically the solo fare is about the same, and possibly higher, than the double occupancy rate.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

13 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

In order to collect from insurance the person I believe has to cancel which triggers a refare for the other pax. I dont believe they can collect if they just dont show up, but I could be wrong. 

I believe you are correct.  I was only mentioning the insurance option for informational purposes. There is certainly a process that needs to be followed and any payout is not automatic. 

27 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Correct

18 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Yes so priced with solo supplement at current rate. 

I have never had one that has been repriced at the current rate.  It is repriced at the exact same rate as the double booked at except the entire fare is now shown for guest 1.  The price (other than the lower taxes) has always remained the same

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SeaMee said:

Is the room repriced then as a single?  

Nothing happens if you don't contact RCI and you don't get the extra C&A points.

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Nothing happens if you don't contact RCI and you don't get the extra C&A points.

I did a 4 day cruise on Allure last month (can’t believe it’s already May). My GF was supposed to go on the cruise with me, but she ended up not going due to a last minute family emergency. I called RCI to cancel her, but it was too late due to the manifest already being turned in. So she was a no show and her taxes and port fees were returned to my credit card shortly after the cruise. Surprisingly I received double points for the cruise (I was in a CP balcony). 

17 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I did a 4 day cruise on Allure last month (can’t believe it’s already May). My GF was supposed to go on the cruise with me, but she ended up not going due to a last minute family emergency. I called RCI to cancel her, but it was too late due to the manifest already being turned in. So she was a no show and her taxes and port fees were returned to my credit card shortly after the cruise. Surprisingly I received double points for the cruise (I was in a CP balcony). 

But did you have to pay an extra single fare supplement?

I took the OP's question to be about what happens to the person who shows up, and to the room.  Not what happens to the person who didn't come.  My sense was confirmed by his/her follow up question.

4 hours ago, SeaMee said:

What happens when you book a room for 2 and then only 1 person shows up to check in?

72 hours prior to sailing,

1) Give me a Call 

2) Change the name to Neverbeenhere

3) I'll be there

4) Bonus: I'll actually thank you for the free cruise!

5) the wife won't care - I'm earning my way to Pinnacle.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

56 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

72 hours prior to sailing,

1) Give me a Call 

2) Change the name to Neverbeenhere

3) I'll be there

4) Bonus: I'll actually thank you for the free cruise!

5) the wife won't care - I'm earning my way to Pinnacle.

I may take you up on it!  I booked a room for my son and his family but they are divorcing, so evidently not taking her.  Family cruise and he still wants to go.  

1.  Do you snore?

2.  Can you pay your own gratuities?

3.  Do you leave your clothes on the floor?

4.  Do you tidy the bathroom after use?

• Haha 7

1) I say No. The wife says sometimes

2) I will pay them, some will say I don't have to pay them

3) I fold or hang all clothing, make the bed daily and clean up continuously Our Steward usually tips me $ 150 per cruise. I'm a little out of practice on my towel animals, but I can produce a couple of them.

4) Yes, I even bring my own potpourri

• Haha 5

18 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

1) I say No. The wife says sometimes

2) I will pay them, some will say I don't have to pay them

3) I fold or hang all clothing, make the bed daily and clean up continuously Our Steward usually tips me $ 150 per cruise. I'm a little out of practice on my towel animals, but I can produce a couple of them.

4) Yes, I even bring my own potpourri

My son is 42 and he's asked his college roommate to go.  If he passes I'll be in contact.  Put your airfare to Galveston on hold for Sept 1.  Final payment is in a couple weeks.  I'm going gray.

• Haha 4

On 5/1/2024 at 11:21 AM, firefly333 said:

How many times have you been told that's (refare) not true

43 minutes ago, cruisinfanatic said:

The one fare goes to the 2nd pax, so hes still paying double. It says refare, not refare to new current rates. The 2nd pax is using both fares now. Read it how you like. Its changed. Look at the reply to ourusualbeach someone says so 2nd fare is issued credit. No. The TA does have to change how the fare is applied. 

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, cruisinfanatic said:

Clearly others dont understand one pax cant just get their fare back if they cancel because the TA has to change how its fared and move the 2nd fare to pax 1. If you dont call change a refare, its definition ... I did not say to current or new charges, but now both fares are applied to pax 1. To me refare implies its changed... which it is if someone cancels before the cruise sails.

I think it's you confused, not me. To me REfare means redo it again which is true. Arguing semantics. Again I did not say anything other than it is refared. 2nd fare is moved to pax 1. From pax 2. Or they dont get their double pts. RE means do it again. Move the money from pax 2 to pax 1. Semantics. I didnt say extra money or whatever you seem to be reading into the word doing it again. 

20240505_221524100.jpeg

Edited by firefly333